Renewed Focus Got Interrupted

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> Daredevil with Trickery. Swipe is Unblockable and Slight of Hand dazes.

>

> Also, Revenants with Malicious Reprisal or Phase Traversal can get get unblockable attacks.

You cannot unblock or deal damage to guardian when renewed focus is active. It is similar to distortion.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> Daredevil with Trickery. Swipe is Unblockable and Slight of Hand dazes.

>

> Also, Revenants with Malicious Reprisal or Phase Traversal can get get unblockable attacks.

Neither of those should work vs Renewed Focus. It's an Invuln, not a block.

RF can get "interrupted" in very rare circumstances. Every time it's happened to me, a mesmer is usually involved. Like Niatpac mentioned, it could be a clutch Powerblock from a mesmer running Domination traitline, but I've also heard the theory putforth that serverside lag registers the "invuln" period of RF at a later time point than the beginning of its cast time, and in what is likely a 1-frame (maybe even less) window, you could get interrupted. I've had it happen to me maybe 3 or 4 times ever over the 4.5 years I've been playing.

> @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> I was under the impression that shocking aura also goes through in vulnerabilities. If you put down an aoe, start casting rf, then an ele stands in your aoe with shocking aura --> interrupted invuln skill.

That's assuming that the ele in question is within melee range of you. Shocking Aura only works on melee range attacks.

Another possibility is crossing a ward boundary or a ward-like barrier boundary like a Static Field or Unsteady Ground from ele, or a Spectral Ring from a necro.

Those will interrupt an invuln if you don't have Stability up.

This was literally the very first time I've ever had Renewed Focus interrupted and I've been playing since launch. Besides, doesnt "invulnerable" means youre invulnerable and not invulnerable as long as you dont get interrupted? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe invulnerable means nothing can do anything to you so no skill should be able to make it through. I mean when I'm fighting a warrior nothing gets thru their invuln, no interrupts, stuns, fears, nothing. So what gives.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> Did you hit the escape key or stow weapon? Did you dodge?

Nope

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> Did you hit a Reaper's Mark?

nope

> @"Cameron.6450" said:

> You can interrupt it yourself, but i'm pretty sure siege goes through invuln, so if you got hit by a treb or catapult shot you'd get interrupted as well.

Maybe

When this happened it was a good size battle and I was maneuvering to end of zerg to let some CD's expire and something hit me from behind. And what hit looked like a bolt like from the new bows that shoot those white bolts or it couldve been a legendary that shoots similar looking shots.

Happened to me before in laggy situations.

Sometimes, what your computer thinks happened is out of synch with the servers version of events. The result can be things like Spear of Justice pulls flying back up onto walls and renewed focus not saving you from that last hit.