To all those defending speallbreaker.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Arcaedus.7290 said:

> "Hurrrrrr, Full Counter is fine, just don't auto attack, you're a l2p crybaby, super obvious animation, this skill is good for pvp, punishes spam noobs."

> -Pretty much everyone defending Spellbreaker and Full Counter right now

>

> So yeah, I'll say one more thing that I've been repeatedly mentioning as an argument for nerfing FC:

>

> If a spellbreaker pops FC, the time in between when they block an attack and when they deal the counter-strike is TOO LOW. It comes out in about 0.25 to 0.5s which is faster than human reaction time. This is NOT balanced and I hope Anet picks up on this and increases that 'cast time,' to something more balanced like 0.75s (like they did with Arc Divider on Berserker, or Spear of Justice on Dragonhunter).

>

> Sure, you can tell the counter-strike is coming if you see that animation before-hand and in a 1v1 you don't even need that, you can probably predict FC and dodge sort of preemptively. However, in a team fight, or if you're melee-based and fighting against a smart spellbreaker, they can pop FC mere frames before one of your attacks lands (since the blocking animation begins immediately) thus you'll never even see that "super obvious" animation and just get spiked for 4-5k about 0.3 to 0.5 seconds later.

That is not faster than human reaction time. Seriously...stop using that as an argument when there are many, many, many people who actively dodge the damage that comes out of the skill, It isn't just luck, it is deliberate. I personally do it all the time, as do many of the other classes when they come up against Spellbreaker.

> @LUST.7241 said:

> Usually that's how counter-arguments go when Scouge/Spellbreaker cheese mains see "nerf my cheese" posts. The template for their reply is here:

> "As [your class here], the way to counter [my class here] is to completely build to counter [my class here]. Other classes need not be considered when changing build, only build to counter [my class here] and you can see why it is weak."

Don't Forget the classic.. "If you want to fight [my class here] just don't play [your class here], instead play this one specific class that just so happens to give me a hard time."

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > @StickerHappy.8052 said:

> > You say not to hit spellbreaker when FC is on right?

> > So how do you do that to mesmer clones?

> > A spellbreaker can just go into a random teamfight and auto proc it.

> > Don't tell me you have to tell your whole team in solo q to stop attacking the warrior when 100s of things are happening?

> >

> > You can avoid FC all you want but a smart warrior can just bait you into doing that, what more in team fights?

> >

> > I have no idea how people can defend this that does multiple things, negates damage 100%, deals an absurd amount of damage on a 6.5 Second CD.!!!!

> >

> >

>

> I am not warrior..but I can defend spellbreaker because respect to mesmer:

>

> -can't stealth

> -can't teleport

> -can't be cheesed on immediate use

> -doesn't use condi spam cheese troll build

> -can be kited with simplistic movements

>

Sounds like you have no idea on how to play the game. Spellbreaker needs a nerf to be a skillful class.

> @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > @mortrialus.3062 said:

> > > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > I actually don't think spellbreaker is the issue. I think the issue are core warrior traits. Core warrior needs the nerf, and that will put spellbreaker in line.

> >

> > Based warrior and berserker have never been as strong as Spellbreaker. Spellbreaker on it's own just has insane sustain, mostly thanks to Natural Healing providing out of this world healing and condi cleanse.

>

> Season 5 and season 6 warriors were just as broken.

>

dude.. is that warrior in bronze rank? the people he AA'd down where like afk.

> @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> I actually don't think spellbreaker is the issue. I think the issue are core warrior traits. Core warrior needs the nerf, and that will put spellbreaker in line.

Yeah... Kill warrior everywhere so that Spellbreaker get in line... *facepalm*

This is not how you do balance. BTW Git Gud!

Is anyone surprised at this point? Warriors have been spouting the same BS each and every time they break PvP balance over their knees.

Hell, some of these posts sound nearly word for the word the same nonsense some Warriors were coming up with back when GW2 launched and Hundred Blades was one-shotting people.

nerf spellbreaker, but leave core warrior alone. some of us are still trying to pretend berserker is viable after the last round of nerfs, we really don’t need another round.

like, no-one is asking for core necro nerfs in the scourge threads. tone down the overtuned elite spec, not the core class oh my gosh you guys.

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> -can't stealth

> -can't teleport

Don't need Stealth has crazy Durability

Don't need Teleport has crazy Mobility

What the hell this supposed to mean realy....

Can use CC/Knock/Stun/Facetank insane kiting mobility with heal and Immune/Block farting spamming Cheese troll build

the only 2 class that can kite a warrior is a Thief and Mesmer.... Warrior is prety much 3rd when it comes to Mobility so no realy just no......

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > @StickerHappy.8052 said:

> > You say not to hit spellbreaker when FC is on right?

> > So how do you do that to mesmer clones?

> > A spellbreaker can just go into a random teamfight and auto proc it.

> > Don't tell me you have to tell your whole team in solo q to stop attacking the warrior when 100s of things are happening?

> >

> > You can avoid FC all you want but a smart warrior can just bait you into doing that, what more in team fights?

> >

> > I have no idea how people can defend this that does multiple things, negates damage 100%, deals an absurd amount of damage on a 6.5 Second CD.!!!!

> >

> >

>

>

> -can't stealth

> -can't teleport

>

I can say that my first spellbreaker use I won 2v1's and 3v1's. I believe its a bit cheese (full Marauder) and really easy to win with. (winning = fights)

> @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > @mortrialus.3062 said:

> > > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > I actually don't think spellbreaker is the issue. I think the issue are core warrior traits. Core warrior needs the nerf, and that will put spellbreaker in line.

> >

> > Based warrior and berserker have never been as strong as Spellbreaker. Spellbreaker on it's own just has insane sustain, mostly thanks to Natural Healing providing out of this world healing and condi cleanse.

>

> Season 5 and season 6 warriors were just as broken.

>

For real, u crying the full Time about Warriors, u think Warrior its Broken ok, i think u are bad. I Confirme that, thats the currupt are to OP, but the Scorches can EzPz Burst us down. Also stop your crying and learn how to play these game.

> @Amulrei.4973 said:

> Is anyone surprised at this point? Warriors have been spouting the same BS each and every time they break PvP balance over their knees.

>

> Hell, some of these posts sound nearly word for the word the same nonsense some Warriors were coming up with back when GW2 launched and Hundred Blades was one-shotting people.

It's funny how you direct the hate towards players who choose a specific class to play rather than those who are in charge of balancing the class. Warriors have always been OP or out of the meta. Please tell me more about how it's the players fault for all or any of the changes.

> @PassionWhisky.3457 said:

> > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > @mortrialus.3062 said:

> > > > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > > I actually don't think spellbreaker is the issue. I think the issue are core warrior traits. Core warrior needs the nerf, and that will put spellbreaker in line.

> > >

> > > Based warrior and berserker have never been as strong as Spellbreaker. Spellbreaker on it's own just has insane sustain, mostly thanks to Natural Healing providing out of this world healing and condi cleanse.

> >

> > Season 5 and season 6 warriors were just as broken.

> >

>

> For real, u crying the full Time about Warriors, u think Warrior its Broken ok, i think u are bad. I Confirme that, thats the currupt are to OP, but the Scorches can EzPz Burst us down. Also stop your crying and learn how to play these game.

Throwing random words and letters together with no coherent meaning (not to mention capitalizing letters, or failing to do so, seemingly at random) is not English, and it certainly will not convince those who do not already agree with you. Why don't you try stating your case clearly and unambiguously?

> @Vyrulisse.1246 said:

> To be fair the graphic for Full Counter is _really_ hard to see guys! If you want to nerf Spellbreaker then you have to be willing to accept that Berserker needs to be fixed. It was a dead spec in the last days before PoF in PvP.

I actually think it is easy to see.

> @Majirah.5089 said:

> > @Vyrulisse.1246 said:

> > To be fair the graphic for Full Counter is _really_ hard to see guys! If you want to nerf Spellbreaker then you have to be willing to accept that Berserker needs to be fixed. It was a dead spec in the last days before PoF in PvP.

>

> I actually think it is easy to see.

I was using italics to denote sarcasm though as I type this I suspect you got me with your own form of it. >.>

> @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > @Arcaedus.7290 said:

> > "Hurrrrrr, Full Counter is fine, just don't auto attack, you're a l2p crybaby, super obvious animation, this skill is good for pvp, punishes spam noobs."

> > -Pretty much everyone defending Spellbreaker and Full Counter right now

> >

> > So yeah, I'll say one more thing that I've been repeatedly mentioning as an argument for nerfing FC:

> >

> > If a spellbreaker pops FC, the time in between when they block an attack and when they deal the counter-strike is TOO LOW. It comes out in about 0.25 to 0.5s which is faster than human reaction time. This is NOT balanced and I hope Anet picks up on this and increases that 'cast time,' to something more balanced like 0.75s (like they did with Arc Divider on Berserker, or Spear of Justice on Dragonhunter).

> >

> > Sure, you can tell the counter-strike is coming if you see that animation before-hand and in a 1v1 you don't even need that, you can probably predict FC and dodge sort of preemptively. However, in a team fight, or if you're melee-based and fighting against a smart spellbreaker, they can pop FC mere frames before one of your attacks lands (since the blocking animation begins immediately) thus you'll never even see that "super obvious" animation and just get spiked for 4-5k about 0.3 to 0.5 seconds later.

>

> no need to act up

You know, you're right; retaliatory trolling isn't the best strategy for me to use. All these people I seem to be arguing with put out such long-winded elaborate arguments defending spellbreaker/FC to the point where it seems like I'm getting intentionally trolled. Can't tell if it's satire anymore or not :/

> @Vyrulisse.1246 said:

> > @Majirah.5089 said:

> > > @Vyrulisse.1246 said:

> > > To be fair the graphic for Full Counter is _really_ hard to see guys! If you want to nerf Spellbreaker then you have to be willing to accept that Berserker needs to be fixed. It was a dead spec in the last days before PoF in PvP.

> >

> > I actually think it is easy to see.

>

> I was using italics to denote sarcasm though as I type this I suspect you got me with your own form of it. >.>

Actually I was just being blind. I didn't even notice the italics. I was just wondering how anyone thought it was hard to see.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> nerf spellbreaker, but leave core warrior alone. some of us are still trying to pretend berserker is viable after the last round of nerfs, we really don’t need another round.

>

> like, no-one is asking for core necro nerfs in the scourge threads. tone down the overtuned elite spec, not the core class oh my gosh you guys.

How it works is that while we get these nerf spellbreaker threads, next round of PvP nerf bat is going to completely gut Warrior out of the SPvP scene. We already got hit just prior to spellbreaker with the changes to how Burst skills work in Berserker.

Spellbreaker, is _slightly overtuned_ if anything. People thinking SB needs a 15 Second FC are taking it too far, 10 seconds baseline is the extent the nerfs need to go honestly. That's literally it, there are worse specs in SPvP right now breaking the scene, and partially because certain objective circles are small (aka almost all of them).

But, since you guys have already gone this far with this many threads, I'm going to play SB as much as I can before it gets nuked to a laughing stock once again.