Why does rifle have a lower range than longbow?

TorQ.7041

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> Not that I play deadeye anymore but seriously. I know it's a fantasy game but in any world how does a bullet have a shorter range than a bow? With silent scope nerfed. Surely we can have a higher ranger when not kneeling. It's abit ridiculous when a guy with a bow can out range a guy with a rifle.

>

In this game longbow is synonymous of machine gun. ArenaNet only gave it a "wrong look". XD

> @"SehferViega.8725" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > Not that I play deadeye anymore but seriously. I know it's a fantasy game but in any world how does a bullet have a shorter range than a bow? With silent scope nerfed. Surely we can have a higher ranger when not kneeling. It's abit ridiculous when a guy with a bow can out range a guy with a rifle.

> >

>

> In this game longbow is synonymous of machine gun. ArenaNet only gave it a "wrong look". XD

Yeah, ranger LB2 is a perfect exsmple.

> @"Xovian.8572" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > They should really just get rid of silent scope. Let it be gone. Make the rifle range 1500 and ...

> It is 1500 when kneeling.

>

>

Yeah I know and it's completely useless. If you kneel in pvp higher than gold you are basically dead.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > snips

> > > i'm no lore expert, but i'm pretty sure asura don't use guns. if they did, they would probably make them 100% better. its as you said, they have lasers, so why would they use guns?

> >

> > They have laser rifles. There's even a skin called that... From their rifles. So really there's no real excuse a deadeye won't be holding 1.

>

> laser rifle =/= gunpowder rifle

Which means? That doesn't mean anything lol. Why won't a deadeye pick up a laser rifle then. If u can create a laser rifle u can sure as hell out gunpowder in a barrel n make that fly. It's also depicted as a sniper rifle too. How the hell can an arrow beat a sniper rifle.

> @"Valar Dotalis.6409" said:

> This is a balance issue more than a realism issue. If a skill says it has 1500 range, it should have exactly 1500 range. No more, no less. Arrows travel further than that and should be nerfed. If they can't fix arrows, they should reduce the range of longbow skills to account for the extra distance.

This is what I was getting at actually haha. But there's all these dudes explaining excuses away. 2 sniper classes. 1 with bow can do insane range at machine gun style dps. Other can't so anything about. Sounds fair.

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > @"Xovian.8572" said:

> > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > They should really just get rid of silent scope. Let it be gone. Make the rifle range 1500 and ...

> > It is 1500 when kneeling.

> >

> >

>

> Yeah I know and it's completely useless. If you kneel in pvp higher than gold you are basically dead.

Who on earth plays rifle DE in pvp higher the gold? o.O

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > @"Xovian.8572" said:

> > > > They should really just get rid of silent scope. Let it be gone. Make the rifle range 1500 and ...

> > > It is 1500 when kneeling.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yeah I know and it's completely useless. If you kneel in pvp higher than gold you are basically dead.

>

> Who on earth plays rifle DE in pvp higher the gold? o.O

Excatly. This is why the range and skills need to change. I want to play it cos I like the sniper theme. But it's just far better to play ranger.

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > @"Xovian.8572" said:

> > > > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > > They should really just get rid of silent scope. Let it be gone. Make the rifle range 1500 and ...

> > > > It is 1500 when kneeling.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah I know and it's completely useless. If you kneel in pvp higher than gold you are basically dead.

> >

> > Who on earth plays rifle DE in pvp higher the gold? o.O

>

> Excatly. This is why the range and skills need to change. I want to play it cos I like the sniper theme. But it's just far better to play ranger.

My point was: you won't get into plat as rifle DE cus skill play of that class is quite low, anything you do will be countered, the moment you show up, you will be downed, utterly leaving your team with 4vs5 every single match.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"Xovian.8572" said:

> > > > > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > > > They should really just get rid of silent scope. Let it be gone. Make the rifle range 1500 and ...

> > > > > It is 1500 when kneeling.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I know and it's completely useless. If you kneel in pvp higher than gold you are basically dead.

> > >

> > > Who on earth plays rifle DE in pvp higher the gold? o.O

> >

> > Excatly. This is why the range and skills need to change. I want to play it cos I like the sniper theme. But it's just far better to play ranger.

>

> My point was: you won't get into plat as rifle DE cus skill play of that class is quite low, anything you do will be countered, the moment you show up, you will be downed, utterly leaving your team with 4vs5 every single match.

You are literally not reading what I am saying. I am saying I know that. And I want the skills/range to be changed

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"Xovian.8572" said:

> > > > > > They should really just get rid of silent scope. Let it be gone. Make the rifle range 1500 and ...

> > > > > It is 1500 when kneeling.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I know and it's completely useless. If you kneel in pvp higher than gold you are basically dead.

> > >

> > > Who on earth plays rifle DE in pvp higher the gold? o.O

> >

> > Excatly. This is why the range and skills need to change. I want to play it cos I like the sniper theme. But it's just far better to play ranger.

>

> My point was: you won't get into plat as rifle DE cus skill play of that class is quite low, anything you do will be countered, the moment you show up, you will be downed, utterly leaving your team with 4vs5 every single match.

At no point was I disagreeing on that u are literally trying to make yourself right over nothing lol

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > > > @"Xovian.8572" said:

> > > > > > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > > > > They should really just get rid of silent scope. Let it be gone. Make the rifle range 1500 and ...

> > > > > > It is 1500 when kneeling.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah I know and it's completely useless. If you kneel in pvp higher than gold you are basically dead.

> > > >

> > > > Who on earth plays rifle DE in pvp higher the gold? o.O

> > >

> > > Excatly. This is why the range and skills need to change. I want to play it cos I like the sniper theme. But it's just far better to play ranger.

> >

> > My point was: you won't get into plat as rifle DE cus skill play of that class is quite low, anything you do will be countered, the moment you show up, you will be downed, utterly leaving your team with 4vs5 every single match.

>

> You are literally not reading what I am saying. I am saying I know that. And I want the skills/range to be changed

Even if they make it 2000 range still rifle DE will be useless in 5vs5 pvp, where objective is to hold points. DE brings nothing to team fight, in order to deal damage have to go glass cannon, making it easy target. You either spend most of you time in invisibility being useless or you try to go +1 your ode player, leaving 3 vs5, DE is not even a dueling class neither capable to hold a point. Bare in mid, anyone witl half of brain cellss see DE in opposite team, will sacrifice utility/damage/survival, healing etc for reveling skills.

Yeah ok, lets say higher range would be useless for 5vs5 pvp. What about WvW now ?

You fight against a ranger he got the long range advantage. You get closer he block + smokescale and you have to use some stealth if u wanna live (rip silent scope).

You kneel to use 4 and block projectiles? He's high mobility will punish any mistakes you make.

I agree Snipers having a lower range than Rangers its wtf.

However.. i'm not sure that increasing Sniper's range is the best solution.

I would rather adjusting Ranger's range to 1200 in Pvp/WvW. An NOT in Pve! Please Anet stop nerfing Pve btw.

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> Which means? That doesn't mean anything lol. Why won't a deadeye pick up a laser rifle then. If u can create a laser rifle u can sure as hell out gunpowder in a barrel n make that fly. It's also depicted as a sniper rifle too. How the hell can an arrow beat a sniper rifle.

we don't know what it means since to my knowledge anet hasn't specified why. you could try asking in the lore sub forum, where this thread probably belongs.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > > @"Xovian.8572" said:

> > > > > > > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > > > > > They should really just get rid of silent scope. Let it be gone. Make the rifle range 1500 and ...

> > > > > > > It is 1500 when kneeling.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah I know and it's completely useless. If you kneel in pvp higher than gold you are basically dead.

> > > > >

> > > > > Who on earth plays rifle DE in pvp higher the gold? o.O

> > > >

> > > > Excatly. This is why the range and skills need to change. I want to play it cos I like the sniper theme. But it's just far better to play ranger.

> > >

> > > My point was: you won't get into plat as rifle DE cus skill play of that class is quite low, anything you do will be countered, the moment you show up, you will be downed, utterly leaving your team with 4vs5 every single match.

> >

> > You are literally not reading what I am saying. I am saying I know that. And I want the skills/range to be changed

>

> Even if they make it 2000 range still rifle DE will be useless in 5vs5 pvp, where objective is to hold points. DE brings nothing to team fight, in order to deal damage have to go glass cannon, making it easy target. You either spend most of you time in invisibility being useless or you try to go +1 your ode player, leaving 3 vs5, DE is not even a dueling class neither capable to hold a point. Bare in mid, anyone witl half of brain cellss see DE in opposite team, will sacrifice utility/damage/survival, healing etc for reveling skills.

Not every class needs to be a dueling class or hold point. It can be dps. Like rev, sic em. Those can't do pro long fights. Quick +1 and out

Actually there are still plat 2 lvl deadeyes. Just rare. Just need that extra step up

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > Which means? That doesn't mean anything lol. Why won't a deadeye pick up a laser rifle then. If u can create a laser rifle u can sure as hell out gunpowder in a barrel n make that fly. It's also depicted as a sniper rifle too. How the hell can an arrow beat a sniper rifle.

>

> we don't know what it means since to my knowledge anet hasn't specified why. you could try asking in the lore sub forum, where this thread probably belongs.

This isn't about lore it's about PvP range fairness