Transmutation of item appearances bugged since the Purple Mask was sent out??

Received the Purple Mask and decided to yep perfect for my Warrior.. so transmuted the helm (which is nothing special and is not ticked to be shown as I prefer the hair to the helm).. with the mask, if it worked the same way as the other eye masks in game this should replace the helm and when placing the tick back into the equipment icon the eyes should now be the mask and hair should show.

Nope.. does not happen, you waste a transmutation charge, it changes the name of the item to "Spangenhelm of the Warrior".. what the heck is that all about???

Then when ticking the helm to now show.. it does not show the eyes it shows some random helmet.. either your transmutation is borked or the reference for the purple eyes is not right.

EDIT - I have done the same thing now to transmute to other helms or facial details like aviator glasses, green eye mask, Southsun Mask, Inventor Glasses etc.. but every time it uses this Spangenhelm of the Warrior reference and never updates the helm/mask.

EDIT - Tested on other characters and the purple mask/ transmutation appears to work without issue.. but on my Warrior transmutation is definitely not working as it should, because I have now also taken all armour, weapons trinkets etc off the toon (its naked) but I still get the helm showing - is the hairstyle borked perhaps ..

Just used several Self Style Hair kits to change appearances.. nope my character is permanatly stuck with this "Spangenhelm of the Warrior" even though its naked, had everything changed on it... please look into this.

FINAL EDIT - Found the issue... it was still trying to reference an outfit that was selected but not in use.. changed outfit, ticked and unticked and finally got the appearance to update