The Norn Aesthetic Issue

I was wondering if maybe we could have an option to choose what form we are in when creating a norn; For example you could choose to have the human like appearance we have now and simply go about your business. Or you could choose to be in your Werebeast form indefinitely and simply wear armor (They could use the charr rig, like they have with tengu for example.) And just give us two distinct models for our norn. I know it sounds like alot but when people ask why you choose norn and you give them the why, which is entirely based on guild wars 1 and their lore they kind of... just... yea.

Granted this means the elite skills might need to be changed to something else, maybe a blessing like a call back to the old ursan skill in guild wars 1? Where you embody the spirit of bear but don't take on the form? I don't know it just feels kinda crappy that everyone else has super cool stuff; Humans got a whole lot of customization this expansion, sylvari glow in the dark and have an expansion themed around them. Charr are cool because they just are; I mean they are basically orcs but with a unique spin on their culture and views along with their aptitude toward battle. And Asuran are definable and noticeable in a crowd; But norn kind of are stuck in this weird funky place between charr and humans and Id like to see it expanded upon as an option for more character customization.

I feel it's kinda lame that it's only tattoos and height (And a bitch'n voice actor for our male VA) that sets us apart; I don't want to have to change but sometimes I Get bored because its like "Oh boy everyone in my party is a human, and Im just slightly taller... whooohooo". Im probably gonna get shut down by people who think this is dumb; But let me explain that in guild wars 1 when I saw the norn and we learned that they are more beast than man? That they are vikings, native american and Lycanthropes wrapped up in one package I was so hyped and set I wanted to play as one. Now I can, and they feel like they got neutered compared to what they were and all Im asking is for the OPTION for those like me to be able to play the character we wanted to be; Id be full Werebear all the time ere'day all day. That and I honestly know im gonna get flamed~ So the amount of care I have about it is minimal, I just want constructive criticism and a healthy chat about it.

Would sell you alot of character makeover kits; And might breathe fresh life into the norn. Please consider it? <3

@"Connor Fallon.9408" (Sorry had no Idea who to throw this at, saw you had are part of the team so I was wondering if you could pass it on.)

This is exactly why I stopped making Norns, I've only got 1-2 and they're fully armored anyway. The fact that we can't show off the tattoos properly (no hide-able chest) and we can only use the incredibly, painfully long CD racial elite to turn into our chosen form really kills picking this race.

I agree with you, wish they added option to go full werebear for example and just stay like that, cosmetically/aesthetics.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

>

> Still, I guess this could be cool.

Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> >

> > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

>

> As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

Well, they could at least give us a novelty battle tonic based on which spirit you selected when creating the norn and that can only be used by norn characters. I would not even care about not seeing my armor (i hate medium armor anyway and almost always use an outfit), and getting specific items/skins based on choices made when creating characters is something we already have, the work would just be crafting 4 tonics related to models we already have. This can't be that much expensive...

> @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > >

> > > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> >

> > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

>

> Well, they could at least give us a novelty battle tonic based on which spirit you selected when creating the norn and that can only be used by norn characters. I would not even care about not seeing my armor (i hate medium armor anyway and almost always use an outfit), and getting specific items/skins based on choices made when creating characters is something we already have, the work would just be crafting 4 tonics related to models we already have. This can't be that much expensive...

replace all racial skills with racial novelties

> @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > >

> > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> >

> > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

>

> Well, they could at least give us a novelty battle tonic based on which spirit you selected when creating the norn and that can only be used by norn characters. I would not even care about not seeing my armor (i hate medium armor anyway and almost always use an outfit), and getting specific items/skins based on choices made when creating characters is something we already have, the work would just be crafting 4 tonics related to models we already have. This can't be that much expensive...

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> >

> > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

>

> As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

For the whole model thing it's not as hard as one may think, Take the Tengu model and make it a raven with customization centered around it with their animations and you have the raven form. Take the Jackal from PoF and there you go for the other too at least in a base model sense; It has the sort of stance and animations for a werewolf/wereleoapard.

As for Bear they would need a new model; I wouldn't say these are furies because Id want them to be ferocious and not as humanized as even the charr. Perhaps a side story where the norn show how they can grow closer to the animal spirits? This then shows that some are gifted with the ability to maintain; And constantly use their beast form as in "Lore" its a stronger buffered up version of their normal self. (Think like profession hulk or gladiator hulk) Where its a merger of their two personalities and persona's into one super warrior.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> Do Norn actually stay in their spirit forms in regular society? I see these abilities as more of a spiritual pinnacle moment, not a everyday, way of life thing.

>

> Joe Norn - "Hey Bob...how's the family?"

> BearBob - "They have fleas..."

I mean they could do something about it lore-wise and state that again, there is a ritual to get them closer to the spirit. OR on the flip side the saturation of magic via the overload we are experiencing gives them the ability to push past the limit. Frankly we don't know and they never once said either way in Guild wars 1; They merely mentioned in passing when you get the ursan spirit abilities that "Some norn have learned to control their bestial nature." Which can mean a multitude of things.

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > > >

> > > > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> > > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> > >

> > > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> >

> > Well, they could at least give us a novelty battle tonic based on which spirit you selected when creating the norn and that can only be used by norn characters. I would not even care about not seeing my armor (i hate medium armor anyway and almost always use an outfit), and getting specific items/skins based on choices made when creating characters is something we already have, the work would just be crafting 4 tonics related to models we already have. This can't be that much expensive...

>

> > >

> >

>

> For the whole model thing it's not as hard as one may think, Take the Tengu model and make it a raven with customization centered around it with their animations and you have the raven form. Take the Jackal from PoF and there you go for the other too at least in a base model sense; It has the sort of stance and animations for a werewolf/wereleoapard.

>

> As for Bear they would need a new model; I wouldn't say these are furies because Id want them to be ferocious and not as humanized as even the charr. Perhaps a side story where the norn show how they can grow closer to the animal spirits? This then shows that some are gifted with the ability to maintain; And constantly use their beast form as in "Lore" its a stronger buffered up version of their normal self. (Think like profession hulk or gladiator hulk) Where its a merger of their two personalities and persona's into one super warrior.

Not as easy as simply taking models and putting the animation they already have into the character, you'd have to rig each character model individually as their animation skeletons are created solely for the elite skill animations, they are not adopted to use the animation skeleton of regular attack animations into . And you'd have to adjust each animation skeleton to match each profession and their respective animations, and then you'd need to adjust those skeletons to make sure that they don't warp the animal models during animation. There's a lot more nitty gritty details which will become more complicated so I won't go into the detail of the process but this is the basics of what you'll get.

There's also the programming side of it, making sure that all the animations match the actions which they are programmed to take on, they also have to make sure that the programming doesn't randomly cause any issues due to the models being different to what is originally coded into the game if each animal form is a permanent option of transformation.

I won't lie, I'd defo think it's a sound idea to have the option, but with the current state of staffing in Arena Net as well as current bugs that run into the game, I doubt they can do anything like this, or even think of doing it to begin with.

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > > > >

> > > > > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> > > > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> > > >

> > > > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> > >

> > > Well, they could at least give us a novelty battle tonic based on which spirit you selected when creating the norn and that can only be used by norn characters. I would not even care about not seeing my armor (i hate medium armor anyway and almost always use an outfit), and getting specific items/skins based on choices made when creating characters is something we already have, the work would just be crafting 4 tonics related to models we already have. This can't be that much expensive...

> >

> > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > > >

> > > > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> > > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> > >

> > > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> >

> > For the whole model thing it's not as hard as one may think, Take the Tengu model and make it a raven with customization centered around it with their animations and you have the raven form. Take the Jackal from PoF and there you go for the other too at least in a base model sense; It has the sort of stance and animations for a werewolf/wereleoapard.

> >

> > As for Bear they would need a new model; I wouldn't say these are furies because Id want them to be ferocious and not as humanized as even the charr. Perhaps a side story where the norn show how they can grow closer to the animal spirits? This then shows that some are gifted with the ability to maintain; And constantly use their beast form as in "Lore" its a stronger buffered up version of their normal self. (Think like profession hulk or gladiator hulk) Where its a merger of their two personalities and persona's into one super warrior.

>

> Not as easy as simply taking models and putting the animation they already have into the character, you'd have to rig each character model individually as their animation skeletons are created solely for the elite skill animations, they are not adopted to use the animation skeleton of regular attack animations into . And you'd have to adjust each animation skeleton to match each profession and their respective animations, and then you'd need to adjust those skeletons to make sure that they don't warp the animal models during animation. There's a lot more nitty gritty details which will become more complicated so I won't go into the detail of the process but this is the basics of what you'll get.

>

> There's also the programming side of it, making sure that all the animations match the actions which they are programmed to take on, they also have to make sure that the programming doesn't randomly cause any issues due to the models being different to what is originally coded into the game if each animal form is a permanent option of transformation.

>

> I won't lie, I'd defo think it's a sound idea to have the option, but with the current state of staffing in Arena Net as well as current bugs that run into the game, I doubt they can do anything like this, or even think of doing it to begin with.

>

>

Well I mean perhaps, but I feel they would or should scrap the current beast form models as they are kind of eh? That's the best word I have for it. Honestly they would need new models and I don't feel its too much to kind of "Dink" with and test the waters so to speak? I know it wont happen tomorrow, it would be something down the line which would come probably alongside an expansion. But I think its a worthwhile endevor and it would help out the norn to have their own niche; It also would quell a lot of the calls for a new race as it would offer so much variety in the norn. ~ Something they kind of need right now, as norn really don't have much in the way of customization when compared to the others. Tattoo's are cool but when you can't see them once so ever it's kind of a drag.

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > > > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > > > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> > > > > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> > > >

> > > > Well, they could at least give us a novelty battle tonic based on which spirit you selected when creating the norn and that can only be used by norn characters. I would not even care about not seeing my armor (i hate medium armor anyway and almost always use an outfit), and getting specific items/skins based on choices made when creating characters is something we already have, the work would just be crafting 4 tonics related to models we already have. This can't be that much expensive...

> > >

> > > > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > > > >

> > > > > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> > > > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> > > >

> > > > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> > >

> > > For the whole model thing it's not as hard as one may think, Take the Tengu model and make it a raven with customization centered around it with their animations and you have the raven form. Take the Jackal from PoF and there you go for the other too at least in a base model sense; It has the sort of stance and animations for a werewolf/wereleoapard.

> > >

> > > As for Bear they would need a new model; I wouldn't say these are furies because Id want them to be ferocious and not as humanized as even the charr. Perhaps a side story where the norn show how they can grow closer to the animal spirits? This then shows that some are gifted with the ability to maintain; And constantly use their beast form as in "Lore" its a stronger buffered up version of their normal self. (Think like profession hulk or gladiator hulk) Where its a merger of their two personalities and persona's into one super warrior.

> >

> > Not as easy as simply taking models and putting the animation they already have into the character, you'd have to rig each character model individually as their animation skeletons are created solely for the elite skill animations, they are not adopted to use the animation skeleton of regular attack animations into . And you'd have to adjust each animation skeleton to match each profession and their respective animations, and then you'd need to adjust those skeletons to make sure that they don't warp the animal models during animation. There's a lot more nitty gritty details which will become more complicated so I won't go into the detail of the process but this is the basics of what you'll get.

> >

> > There's also the programming side of it, making sure that all the animations match the actions which they are programmed to take on, they also have to make sure that the programming doesn't randomly cause any issues due to the models being different to what is originally coded into the game if each animal form is a permanent option of transformation.

> >

> > I won't lie, I'd defo think it's a sound idea to have the option, but with the current state of staffing in Arena Net as well as current bugs that run into the game, I doubt they can do anything like this, or even think of doing it to begin with.

> >

> >

>

> Well I mean perhaps, but I feel they would or should scrap the current beast form models as they are kind of eh? That's the best word I have for it. Honestly they would need new models and I don't feel its too much to kind of "Dink" with and test the waters so to speak? I know it wont happen tomorrow, it would be something down the line which would come probably alongside an expansion. But I think its a worthwhile endevor and it would help out the norn to have their own niche; It also would quell a lot of the calls for a new race as it would offer so much variety in the norn. ~ Something they kind of need right now, as norn really don't have much in the way of customization when compared to the others. Tattoo's are cool but when you can't see them once so ever it's kind of a drag.

I do agree that the Norn's unique look situation is definitely something that was not considered during the armour concept stages, they are literally just copypaste human armour and the tattoos are literally not even worth having at this point since they are obscured by armour. I do think they need to update the models for each animal to be more refined.

> > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > > > > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > > > > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > > > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> > > > > > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, they could at least give us a novelty battle tonic based on which spirit you selected when creating the norn and that can only be used by norn characters. I would not even care about not seeing my armor (i hate medium armor anyway and almost always use an outfit), and getting specific items/skins based on choices made when creating characters is something we already have, the work would just be crafting 4 tonics related to models we already have. This can't be that much expensive...

> > > >

> > > > > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> > > >

> > > > For the whole model thing it's not as hard as one may think, Take the Tengu model and make it a raven with customization centered around it with their animations and you have the raven form. Take the Jackal from PoF and there you go for the other too at least in a base model sense; It has the sort of stance and animations for a werewolf/wereleoapard.

> > > >

> > > > As for Bear they would need a new model; I wouldn't say these are furies because Id want them to be ferocious and not as humanized as even the charr. Perhaps a side story where the norn show how they can grow closer to the animal spirits? This then shows that some are gifted with the ability to maintain; And constantly use their beast form as in "Lore" its a stronger buffered up version of their normal self. (Think like profession hulk or gladiator hulk) Where its a merger of their two personalities and persona's into one super warrior.

> > >

> > > Not as easy as simply taking models and putting the animation they already have into the character, you'd have to rig each character model individually as their animation skeletons are created solely for the elite skill animations, they are not adopted to use the animation skeleton of regular attack animations into . And you'd have to adjust each animation skeleton to match each profession and their respective animations, and then you'd need to adjust those skeletons to make sure that they don't warp the animal models during animation. There's a lot more nitty gritty details which will become more complicated so I won't go into the detail of the process but this is the basics of what you'll get.

> > >

> > > There's also the programming side of it, making sure that all the animations match the actions which they are programmed to take on, they also have to make sure that the programming doesn't randomly cause any issues due to the models being different to what is originally coded into the game if each animal form is a permanent option of transformation.

> > >

> > > I won't lie, I'd defo think it's a sound idea to have the option, but with the current state of staffing in Arena Net as well as current bugs that run into the game, I doubt they can do anything like this, or even think of doing it to begin with.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Well I mean perhaps, but I feel they would or should scrap the current beast form models as they are kind of eh? That's the best word I have for it. Honestly they would need new models and I don't feel its too much to kind of "Dink" with and test the waters so to speak? I know it wont happen tomorrow, it would be something down the line which would come probably alongside an expansion. But I think its a worthwhile endevor and it would help out the norn to have their own niche; It also would quell a lot of the calls for a new race as it would offer so much variety in the norn. ~ Something they kind of need right now, as norn really don't have much in the way of customization when compared to the others. Tattoo's are cool but when you can't see them once so ever it's kind of a drag.

>

> I do agree that the Norn's unique look situation is definitely something that was not considered during the armour concept stages, they are literally just copypaste human armour and the tattoos are literally not even worth having at this point since they are obscured by armour. I do think they need to update the models for each animal to be more refined.

> > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > > > > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > > > > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > > > > From what I remember of gw1, the only norn who spent long periods of time in a beast form was Svanir... and I'm not sure that was by (rational) choice. I mean, I think I'd remember walking into a town of furries.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Still, I guess this could be cool.

> > > > > > Svanir was corrupted by Drakkar to be Jormag's champ, he didn't stay in his Bear form out of his own choice.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As for the main topic, I doubt they would add it simply because it would mean restructuring the character creation as a whole just for a single race and would also mean creating more assets just for the Norns alone which would cost more than it sounds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, they could at least give us a novelty battle tonic based on which spirit you selected when creating the norn and that can only be used by norn characters. I would not even care about not seeing my armor (i hate medium armor anyway and almost always use an outfit), and getting specific items/skins based on choices made when creating characters is something we already have, the work would just be crafting 4 tonics related to models we already have. This can't be that much expensive...

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > For the whole model thing it's not as hard as one may think, Take the Tengu model and make it a raven with customization centered around it with their animations and you have the raven form. Take the Jackal from PoF and there you go for the other too at least in a base model sense; It has the sort of stance and animations for a werewolf/wereleoapard.

> > > >

> > > > As for Bear they would need a new model; I wouldn't say these are furies because Id want them to be ferocious and not as humanized as even the charr. Perhaps a side story where the norn show how they can grow closer to the animal spirits? This then shows that some are gifted with the ability to maintain; And constantly use their beast form as in "Lore" its a stronger buffered up version of their normal self. (Think like profession hulk or gladiator hulk) Where its a merger of their two personalities and persona's into one super warrior.

> > >

> > > Not as easy as simply taking models and putting the animation they already have into the character, you'd have to rig each character model individually as their animation skeletons are created solely for the elite skill animations, they are not adopted to use the animation skeleton of regular attack animations into . And you'd have to adjust each animation skeleton to match each profession and their respective animations, and then you'd need to adjust those skeletons to make sure that they don't warp the animal models during animation. There's a lot more nitty gritty details which will become more complicated so I won't go into the detail of the process but this is the basics of what you'll get.

> > >

> > > There's also the programming side of it, making sure that all the animations match the actions which they are programmed to take on, they also have to make sure that the programming doesn't randomly cause any issues due to the models being different to what is originally coded into the game if each animal form is a permanent option of transformation.

> > >

> > > I won't lie, I'd defo think it's a sound idea to have the option, but with the current state of staffing in Arena Net as well as current bugs that run into the game, I doubt they can do anything like this, or even think of doing it to begin with.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Well I mean perhaps, but I feel they would or should scrap the current beast form models as they are kind of eh? That's the best word I have for it. Honestly they would need new models and I don't feel its too much to kind of "Dink" with and test the waters so to speak? I know it wont happen tomorrow, it would be something down the line which would come probably alongside an expansion. But I think its a worthwhile endevor and it would help out the norn to have their own niche; It also would quell a lot of the calls for a new race as it would offer so much variety in the norn. ~ Something they kind of need right now, as norn really don't have much in the way of customization when compared to the others. Tattoo's are cool but when you can't see them once so ever it's kind of a drag.

>

> I do agree that the Norn's unique look situation is definitely something that was not considered during the armour concept stages, they are literally just copypaste human armour and the tattoos are literally not even worth having at this point since they are obscured by armour. I do think they need to update the models for each animal to be more refined.

Yea armor is kind of... yea... We have an issue with norn and armor right now. (not enough fur, bone and hide or even really thematically correct sets for them.)