Cannot update to the latest patch.

> @"Alysm.5864" said:

> When ever I start up the launcher and try to get the latest patch my download start at 9-10mb per second, then it drops to 0kb/sec and just sits there.

It's likely your firewall blocking the Gw2-64.exe - with good firewalls, you need to reconfirm a program once it's updated. See that you set your firewall settings to manual confirmation so that you can re-permit the game's executable connection access. The same goes for your antivirus' behavior shield (put the game exe in the list of exceptions).

You could also try to [repair the client](https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client "repair the client"), if it's not a firewall issue.

I can't think of any other reason to cause this issue than those two, unless your drive is full. ;)

I don't know if this helps but I seen it recommended to go behind a vpn, so I downloaded tunnel bear and it worked but you only get 500 mb free with that software and I don't feel having to spend money on a vpn software is a reasonable solution.

Using a VPN has generally been required, with it commonly being an ISP related problem. Rarely it's been a sever problem, in which case the primary server (below) will always work, while the other cause has been software related. When using a free limited bandwidth VPN, note that you only want to enable it to get past where you're stuck. For TunnelBear, if you run out of bandwidth, simply create a new account.

For the -assetsrv option, try the primary server (currently 52.21.161.58 and 18.204.53.64). The IP changes regularly, so to look it up, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:

nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1

Note that the -clientport option doesn't apply to patching. GW2 downloads on port 80 using standard http.

To rule out most other software, reboot into safe mode with networking enabled (WindowsKey+R > msconfig > boot) and try patching. To also reset your network interfaces, open a command prompt and enter:

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset