Newbie Questions about Soulbeast

Hi All,

I'm a wow refugee who bought this game when it came out and decided to give it another go today. I've been doing research on what class( profession?) I want to play and soulbeast really spoke to me. So here are my questions:

1. How fun is soulbeast to play? Do you guys like it or find the rotation boring?

2. Is it viable at endgame PVE/PVP? (I'm interested in doing both)

3. Easy or Hard to master?

4. Is there any tidbit of information I really need to know about this class?

Thanks for the help!

Short answer, it's easy mode on both power and condi if you want to be viable.

Long answer, if you want the best numbers, dagger/torch sb is more tricky and power soulbeast is difficult to get excellent on. Both are viable especially with stance share. Unfortunately for my ability, I'm still in the 'better than just beginning but not good enough yet' category. In other words, I still need to figure out power soulbeast without interrupting myself so in raids I will try it for a pull or two then cave and retreat to my power holo.

tldr; condi isn't really meta but it's good enough to not get kicked, and if you're GOOD at power soulbeast, it IS meta.

EDIT the above is for raids. Pwer soulbeast is ok for fractals(I manage t4's) no idea about pvp and GREAT for roaming in wvw but not acceptable at all in a zerg.

> @"kod.8943" said:

> Hi All,

>

> I'm a wow refugee who bought this game when it came out and decided to give it another go today. I've been doing research on what class( profession?) I want to play and soulbeast really spoke to me. So here are my questions:

>

> 1. How fun is soulbeast to play? Do you guys like it or find the rotation boring?

> 2. Is it viable at endgame PVE/PVP? (I'm interested in doing both)

> 3. Easy or Hard to master?

> 4. Is there any tidbit of information I really need to know about this class?

>

> Thanks for the help!

Keep in mind that you must own the expansion Path of Fire to unlock the Soulbeast Elite Specialization. (Plus, you need the requisite amount of Hero Points.)

Welcome return, and good luck!

> @"kod.8943" said:

> Hi All,

>

> I'm a wow refugee who bought this game when it came out and decided to give it another go today. I've been doing research on what class( profession?) I want to play and soulbeast really spoke to me. So here are my questions:

>

> 1. How fun is soulbeast to play? Do you guys like it or find the rotation boring?

> 2. Is it viable at endgame PVE/PVP? (I'm interested in doing both)

> 3. Easy or Hard to master?

> 4. Is there any tidbit of information I really need to know about this class?

>

> Thanks for the help!

You may want to look around in the [Ranger profession sub-forum](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/ranger "Ranger profession sub-forum") for more threads on soulbeast.