Your problems with Thief?

TheShyGuyTheory.2849

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> I run in to get an additional Shadowstrike. I jump out to avoid melee retaliation. Much like a dodge but as a weapon skill. I also use my other weapon skills to control the battlefield.

>

> I think melee condi build have their place. I’m also not going to go so far as to say one is always better than another. But I’d point out that with range you have the ability to always apply pressure outside of projectile denial. With melee you can be kited and with range you can be off-point and still a threat.

>

> Another thing, I can apply condi on my Auto, my Stealth Attack, on Shadowstrike, on Repeater and on Dancing Dagger. That diversity doesn’t make it better but it does make it competitive with D/D condi.

Yea i agree with it the distance is annoying for d/d. Amd if you run out of dodges before the p/d thief is dead things get rly stuck [An Original Joke] but that is not always an advantage.

I know comparing a god tier player who knows all maps completely and knows where he ports with Shadowstrike and knows where he lands to someone who is not as skilled is something i will get roasted for as to my absolutelly visible lack of SKILL but if the build is to be good even a noob has to be able to use it. Which brings me to the point that p/d goes backwards.

Shadowstrike always backwards in straight line. Scorpion wire is one alternative as i have mentioned so basically aftger Shadowstrike even lands there is chance to simply pull the p/d thief back. (Again it is just a possible example) AND if player doesnt master the map they will simply get ported to places like the wall at the point at Waterfal at FotF and get wrecked in their face. Or Mid in Arena atm pillars are obscuring a lot.

Not to mention a skilled trapper will simply outlive your first attacks cleanse wile putting some traps and then as you get to him he will aim you at those traps and as you shadowstrike you will send yourself backwards right into Death Trap [Original Pun v 2.0] And just to mention this. Yes I do that. If I fight a p/d thief if I ever meet one I do that. Shadowstrike has this one little issue and so does s attack 2 and all shadowsteping attacks. They mow down all traps and ground effects they pass within aproximatelly 100 range of the place they land at. It is not much put it is usable.

Mostly because player is counted as a circle on the ground which if you can place properly will get dmged or wont get dmged.

And even better is that if you even land that hit you automatically end out of the point so you have to return back again. I know steal works for that and signet of precision as well and shadowstep and all others yea but that automatically takes away a utility off you which could be helping you to either have better sustain or better dmg.

So if you lets say imob a spellbreaker on the far and even if you interupt his rampage before he casts it you are still wasting 2 sec out of the point giving him 8 stacks of torment tops and some bleeds which he will cleanse or simply ignore in case of soulbeast or holo.

As far as comparing the stack amount I can proudly say that 40 stacks of poison 23 stacks of bleed and up to 5 tornment stacks +imob criple and 1 sec daze are quite okay for a condi burst :P Only class i saw survive this with aproximatelly 10% life was Druid.

I would say in terms of brawler and 1v1 d/d (well more like sb + d/d) is way better than p/d simply because you dont move so much and you got time to see how you want your opponent to be so you can defeat them. It is more startegic for me I'd say. p/d simply seems too blink out asap so you can use your AA then 2 and then blink in and out repeat.

It might be i am wrong it is just waht i saw/tried in game

EDIT

And yea i agree it is competetive with d/d.

It is hard to fight tbh but still it is easier than fighting some other class focused on condi brawling like guardian or Ranger Trapper (yea those still exist)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"pureskullz.7536" said:

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > > @"pureskullz.7536" said:

> > > > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > > > 1) Real dual-wielding. Dual-Wielding mechanic (meaning same kind of weapon in both hands) should affect all 5 weapon skill not only skill #3. Using both weapons when auto-attacking similar to GW1 Assassin for daggers, for example; main-hand, off-hand, both sequence. Make this exclusive for Thief. No other profession should have this kind of dual-wielding skill -- not even Warrior (looking at you Axe skills).

> > > > 2) Steal should be a staple F1 skill in all spec. Swipe and DE Mark should be optional.

> > > > 3) Exhaustion is a joke.

> > > > 4) Revealed is a joke.

> > > > 5) Can't decap while stealth is a joke.

> > > > 6) Expensive weapon skills (e.g. Sw/P) is a joke.

> > > > 7) 12 init pool is a joke.

> > > > 8) Not having separate init pool for a different weapon set is a joke.

> > > > 9) Only using one end of the staff when attacking is a joke. Daredevil should use both end of the staff when attacking and this will make the attack speed a lot faster.

> > > > 10) Very few weapon set selection is a joke.

> > > >

> > > > I play all professions and the Thief is the most restrictive profession compared to all the other professions. I cannot find the same freedom I get from the Guardian or Necro in the Thief. Playing a Thief is like playing with balls and chains on both of my wrists.

> > >

> > > But why don't you use the ball and chain as a weapon?

> >

> > Due to the nerfs, not strong enough to swing it.

>

> Not with that attitude.

I'm sorry, what? I'm busy eating wet noodles, right now.