I'm going to play GW for a bit...need some advice!

I think good heroes are more important than your individual class. I'd suggest starting Eye of the North and Nightfall ASAP, and building your heroes skillbars.

I had a blast with Assassin, but it's a big step back from GW2 thief. Ranger was also fun, since pets were kind of cuter in gw1.

I think my last team in GW1 was a mesmer team. Not shure if I used my own copies for that or if I used the in game heroes. So long ago.

The discord necro team used to be a safe bet, slow but kinda safe.

If you want major fun use the warrior endurance and ritualis for splinter weapon, necro for curses and mesmer for denial team. I just loved to vanquish with my warrior in gw1.

For class, i always preferred a ranged class, with wich i had a better overview of my hero team and the battle.

The easiest most powerfull classes were; Ritualist with an offensive Spirit build, and Necromancer with a minion build.

As mentioned, a good team of Heroes is more important.

My Hero team ended up being so good that most of the time i wasnt even needed.

If u like i can try help u in game. Send me PM here, or contact me in GW2.

I live in Europe though, so maybe timezone difference issue.

If you're going to start with Nightfall so that you unlock some heroes, you'll get two Monk heroes and a Warrior hero very early on - so I'd advise not choosing Monk, unless you're dead set on playing as a healer, since having three Monks in your party is probably excessive. That said, if you _really_ want to play as a healer, Monk would be your best choice - there are other options (e.g. Restoration Magic Ritualist) but they tend to be a bit more niche and require more effort to unlock the skills you need to make them work effectively. Early on in Nightfall you'll also get a Dervish hero.

Whichever campaign you choose to do first, fairly early on you can run through the first Eye of the North quest (and I really do mean "run through" - it doesn't require much else) to unlock two heroes: a Monk and Elementalist. You can also get M.O.X., a Dervish hero, once you reach level 10 - again, regardless of which campaign you're playing (provided you have all three on the account).

I was in a similar position a few years ago (i.e. I'd played GW2 and wanted to get into GW1 as well), and my approach was actually to play through the whole of Prophecies first before even considering the other campaigns. Personally, I think that was the best introduction to the game I could have had, but my motivation was different to yours - I just wanted to experience the game and wasn't specifically aiming for Hall of Monuments rewards. I picked an Elementalist, and I found it quite a good starter profession since you can focus entirely on dealing damage, without having to worry too much about healing or what the rest of your party is doing (at least in the early missions).

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> I had a blast with Assassin, but it's a big step back from GW2 thief.

Interesting - I've never managed to get into GW2 Thief, largely because, for me, it feels like a real step down from GW1 Assassin.