Berserker Runes VS Renegade Runes.

Kam.4092

> @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> **TL;DR**

> **I don't get how renegade > nightmare+trapper.**

> **renegade being better than berserker makes sense due to most damage being conditions**

>

> the ferocity vs power argument aside.

> 5% power of your power damage would have to be equal or greater than 2% of your condi damage for berserker runes to be better than renegade.

> A quick calculation puts it at least 29% of your damage has to be power damage to be worthwhile ( or less than 71% condi dps).

>

> Which in the case of necro seems extremely unlikely to me.

> I did a golem test last night, ~ 33% bleed, 30% torment, + burn & poison, which was 3rd and 4th for dps contribution, but I cant remember the exact % but more than 71% of my damage was from conditions.

>

> As for renegade runes being higher dps than nightmare+trapper - this I have no clue how the maths stacks up. I would love to see the explanation for that. I feel like I'm missing something.

>

>

> I get that it wastes less of the 20% bleed trait, but i don't see 7% condi dmg beating ~10% bleed, and up to ~25% torment/burn/poison duration. I think qt's build is only ~70% duration on condis other than bleed, unless I missed something ( build below)? vs ~95% with nightmare+Trapper, and overcapped on bleed.

> I assumed only 1 shade, so I appreciate it will have 5% more duration frequently in practice - which applies to both, excluding bleeds on nightmare + trapper.

>

> tl;dr on the durations:

> renegade:

> ~70% (+20% bleed, ~90% total)

> x1.07 ( for renegade runes)

> vs

> nightmare+trapper:

> ~95% (+20% bleed, 100% total).

>

> renegade:

> [gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArPWMGMqlQUoWF9zCAHA926cNvC-jxhHQB16BAAgTAgGVC6x9HIneACq8jeq/QKAYmGB-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArPWMGMqlQUoWF9zCAHA926cNvC-jxhHQB16BAAgTAgGVC6x9HIneACq8jeq/QKAYmGB-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArPWMGMqlQUoWF9zCAHA926cNvC-jxhHQB16BAAgTAgGVC6x9HIneACq8jeq/QKAYmGB-e")

>

> nightmare+Trapper

> [gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArPWMGsofWA4AQtEiC1K926cNvC-jBiHQBaUJIBV+BgTAQQ2Hgc6Bq1DAgeq/4sFGIFAMTjA-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArPWMGsofWA4AQtEiC1K926cNvC-jBiHQBaUJIBV+BgTAQQ2Hgc6Bq1DAgeq/4sFGIFAMTjA-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArPWMGsofWA4AQtEiC1K926cNvC-jBiHQBaUJIBV+BgTAQQ2Hgc6Bq1DAgeq/4sFGIFAMTjA-e")

>

As condi scourge you do like 10-15% power dmg. Thats why renegade is better than berserker.

And nightmare/trapper is almost the same dps. The condition duration equals out the raw condition dmg.

With 2 shades up:

If you go full viper without runes and max infusions and food, you will be at 66% condiduration + 20%bleed and 1904 condidmg without runes.

Renegade rune:

67% condiduration +20% bleed and 2206 condidmg. And 6.67% more crit dmg.

Nightmare/trapper:

91% duration +20% bleed and 2010 condidmg

Berserker:

67%duration +20% bleed and 2172 condidmg. +100 power + 5%power dmg

All builds have 34% critchance + the one you get from the trait in curses traitline.

As you can do vulnerability, cripple, burn,torment,bleed,poison. That adds up.

Aaaand you will get some precision from rangertrait and banners