Rock Gazelle

GenerationX.9178

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @GenerationX.9178 said:

> > According to the wiki the damage on skill is 3,865.

> That's literally 3 times the base damage of gravedigger.

>

> That can't be right

>

>

Why not? It's on double the CD GD has if it hits a target above 50% health, GD can also recharge instantly and is 3 whirl finishers, the gazelle only has 1661 power, it takes longer to cast, it cannot track moving foes, rarely hits anything and it not able to be specifically controlled by the Ranger. I can do 20k hits all day on bosses with Gravedigger, I won't speak to the ability in PvP as I have no experience with it there.

It is bugged in that it hits downed foes multiple times which gives the largest numbers, but you have to fully spec into the pet for it to be able to do 15-20k hits and it's not a good build to do that because of how unreliable they are and how easily they die.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @GenerationX.9178 said:

> > > According to the wiki the damage on skill is 3,865.

> > That's literally 3 times the base damage of gravedigger.

> >

> > That can't be right

> >

> >

>

> Why not? It's on double the CD GD has if it hits a target above 50% health, GD can also recharge instantly and is 3 whirl finishers, the gazelle only has 1661 power, it takes longer to cast, it cannot track moving foes, rarely hits anything and it not able to be specifically controlled by the Ranger. I can do 20k hits all day on bosses with Gravedigger, I won't speak to the ability in PvP as I have no experience with it there.

>

> It is bugged in that it hits downed foes multiple times which gives the largest numbers, but you have to fully spec into the pet for it to be able to do 15-20k hits and it's not a good build to do that because of how unreliable they are and how easily they die.

We are not talking about PvE here. Getting hit for over 20k consistently and 126k. Yes, 126k. By an AI controlled entity in a "Competetive" game mode should not happen. I do realise they need to run GS and sometimes even Signet to get crazy numbers, but pets should not be able to burst harder than power shatters, thieves and hammer guards.

> @Loop.8106 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > @GenerationX.9178 said:

> > > > According to the wiki the damage on skill is 3,865.

> > > That's literally 3 times the base damage of gravedigger.

> > >

> > > That can't be right

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why not? It's on double the CD GD has if it hits a target above 50% health, GD can also recharge instantly and is 3 whirl finishers, the gazelle only has 1661 power, it takes longer to cast, it cannot track moving foes, rarely hits anything and it not able to be specifically controlled by the Ranger. I can do 20k hits all day on bosses with Gravedigger, I won't speak to the ability in PvP as I have no experience with it there.

> >

> > It is bugged in that it hits downed foes multiple times which gives the largest numbers, but you have to fully spec into the pet for it to be able to do 15-20k hits and it's not a good build to do that because of how unreliable they are and how easily they die.

>

> We are not talking about PvE here. Getting hit for over 20k consistently and 126k. Yes, 126k. By an AI controlled entity in a "Competetive" game mode should not happen. I do realise they need to run GS and sometimes even Signet to get crazy numbers, but pets should not be able to burst harder than power shatters, thieves and hammer guards.

126k is impossible. Stop exaggerating. The pet hits on average 5-6k. Anything higher than that requires a lot of setup and a lack of a dodge on the enemies part.

> @Loop.8106 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > @GenerationX.9178 said:

> > > > According to the wiki the damage on skill is 3,865.

> > > That's literally 3 times the base damage of gravedigger.

> > >

> > > That can't be right

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why not? It's on double the CD GD has if it hits a target above 50% health, GD can also recharge instantly and is 3 whirl finishers, the gazelle only has 1661 power, it takes longer to cast, it cannot track moving foes, rarely hits anything and it not able to be specifically controlled by the Ranger. I can do 20k hits all day on bosses with Gravedigger, I won't speak to the ability in PvP as I have no experience with it there.

> >

> > It is bugged in that it hits downed foes multiple times which gives the largest numbers, but you have to fully spec into the pet for it to be able to do 15-20k hits and it's not a good build to do that because of how unreliable they are and how easily they die.

>

> We are not talking about PvE here. Getting hit for over 20k consistently and 126k. Yes, 126k. By an AI controlled entity in a "Competetive" game mode should not happen. I do realise they need to run GS and sometimes even Signet to get crazy numbers, but pets should not be able to burst harder than power shatters, thieves and hammer guards.

Obviously we are not talking about PvE. Gazelle cannot do anything close to this damage in PvE because there are no downed players in PvE and hitting a downed target it the only way it can do this sort of damage. Once that gets fixed, it will be fine. If you are getting hit consistantly by a Rock Gazelle, you need to just uninstall. And stop talking rubbish about 126k, that's just a straight up lie.

I got 1shotted playin guardian @ 17245 hp. It didnt even proc downstate but i was instantly killed like i fell from max high. From full 100% hp to "0% killed state Click here to view the damage option" in 1 sec after engaging the ranger. Damage logg showed 27k Charge.

The guy playin this build called it a "fun build"... xD This is clearly intended and great pvp combat design! /sarc

> @Hostility.4961 said:

> I got 1shotted playin guardian @ 17245 hp. It didnt even proc downstate but i was instantly killed like i fell from max high. From full 100% hp to "0% killed state Click here to view the damage option" in 1 sec after engaging the ranger. Damage logg showed 27k Charge.

>

> The guy playin this build called it a "fun build"... xD This is clearly intended and great pvp combat design! /sarc

You could also dodge it. There's no way to do that much damage to 1 shot you unless the ranger specced heavily for it.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @rurreres.3214 said:

> > alltho I didnt get one shotted like many of u. I got charged for 8k. is that normal for a pet? seems to be a huge chunk of my Health from something that isnt a player in pvp.

>

> The 8k hit is only possible with boons/vulnerability/additional setup on a crit.

ah, ty

> @Hostility.4961 said:

> I got 1shotted playin guardian @ 17245 hp. It didnt even proc downstate but i was instantly killed like i fell from max high. From full 100% hp to "0% killed state Click here to view the damage option" in 1 sec after engaging the ranger. Damage logg showed 27k Charge.

>

> The guy playin this build called it a "fun build"... xD This is clearly intended and great pvp combat design! /sarc

I guess you didn't take a screenshot then?

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 Didnt take a screenshot. Its pointless and its pretty known the skill can hit 20-60k out of nowhere.

@shadowpass.4236 I dont care if he specced 5000 power 5000 fearocity and 0 vitality and 9 tougness. I dont care if i could have dodged it. In no universe should a skill be designed to 1shot under any circumstance or build or blabla. Just no. Stop makin excuses and givin obvious ideas on how to awoid it. Its not needed. I dont want to have to avoid/dodge bad game design and bugs k? Theres enough other cancer to worrie about killin all the fun in pvp. Same goes for any class. No single skill shud ever 1shot no mather the setups. Its bad game design.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @Hostility.4961 said:

> > I got 1shotted playin guardian @ 17245 hp. It didnt even proc downstate but i was instantly killed like i fell from max high. From full 100% hp to "0% killed state Click here to view the damage option" in 1 sec after engaging the ranger. Damage logg showed 27k Charge.

> >

> > The guy playin this build called it a "fun build"... xD This is clearly intended and great pvp combat design! /sarc

>

> I guess you didn't take a screenshot then?

fk wrong screenshot

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/355667054453325856/367019731619676172/gw035.jpg

> @Hostility.4961 said:

> @Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 Didnt take a screenshot. Its pointless and its pretty known the skill can hit 20-60k out of nowhere.

> @shadowpass.4236 I dont care if he specced 5000 power 5000 fearocity and 0 vitality and 9 tougness. I dont care if i could have dodged it. In no universe should a skill be designed to 1shot under any circumstance or build or blabla. Just no. Stop makin excuses and givin obvious ideas on how to awoid it. Its not needed. I dont want to have to avoid/dodge bad game design and bugs k? Theres enough other cancer to worrie about killin all the fun in pvp. Same goes for any class. No single skill shud ever 1shot no mather the setups. Its bad game design.

It can hit 28k with ridiculous setup in WvW if it downs you. I have never seen evidence of it hitting 60k.