How do you beat a Spell Breaker as a Reaper?

Crazy.6029

My point of view as a power reaper:

1. Have a berserker amulet or at bare minimum marauder/demolisher.

2. Avoid auto proc of Full Counter so you can use your dodges on other attacks. That means: 1v1 (I don't trust teammates :worried:), no locust swarm, and if you have wells, make sure to put them right after a full counter so it disappears before the 2nd one.

After that, just a good pressure. [My current build](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnc0A12g92Ae2A0biFcBL+KuFDjUdh4wzC6qFAOAA-jpRHQBD8BAEujAAAPEAZrMAAOBAkY/BA) (works much better than power well for me in platinum since PoF).

With axe/focus I like to string 5, 4, 2 (*) sometimes 3 and/or shroud flashing if they have too many boons or if they dodged, then go GS and fast combo 5+3 thanks to sigil of agility. Then I usually alternate between Shroud and GS, and catch them with axe 2 / focus 5 if they attempt to run (and they are fast).

Shroud 5 and GS 5 are both great because they CC a spellbreaker that has (pulsating) resistance. And if you put a spectral wall before switching to GS, the sigil of annulment proc on GS 5 removing resistance as the spellbreaker lands on the wall, getting feared before the next pulse can protect them again.

(*) They usually dodge between 5 and 4, wasting it because 4 is too slow and catch them right after. :lol:

Actually, as a power-reaper you have more damage at hands but their mobility and utility within fights is nearly unbeatable.

Now if you win or lose depends on the mistakes that you and your opponent make.

Additionally, don´t use attacks that hit more than once nor abilities you cannot control directly like wells, GS4 and Locust swarm.

Furthermore look at the CD of full counter, so then you can tell from memory how much time you have between two counters.

And I recommend before really getting into the fight, try to bait his defense-, and offense-abilities so that you are more prepared for the fight.

No build is op in general but some builds are op against specific builds.

Thank you guys for all your tips and tricks. I just went ahead a dusted off my warrior and made a SB build and started messing around with it. I'll post back when I discover a reliable counter. They definitely have some serious synergy going on with the traitlines and weopons.