Suggestion: rework path of ascension

Currently the big reward is given after defeating the doppelganger, but to get there one has to wait 20 minutes until Augury rock closes (countdown after defeating josso).

For a meta event that now is on a timer, such a long wait will drive players away, in 20 minutes they could complete any other meta.

Suggestion: keep Augury rock open for 20 minutes, but have the magic dispelling event trigger after opening the place (either immediately or one minute afterwards).

That's all. If this delay continues people will get discouraged and just do other metas. :/

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> Currently the big reward is given after defeating the doppelganger, but to get there one has to wait 20 minutes until Augury rock closes (countdown after defeating josso).

>

> For a meta event that now is on a timer, such a long wait will drive players away, in 20 minutes they could complete any other meta.

>

> Suggestion: keep Augury rock open for 20 minutes, but have the magic dispelling event trigger after opening the place (either immediately or one minute afterwards).

>

> That's all. If this delay continues people will get discouraged and just do other metas. :/

Are you sure about that, the collect Wild Magic event that triggers the Doppelganger usually happens right after Augury Rock closes...at least it has when I've noticed it happening...unless you're talking about something else completely. but the entire Meta is comprised of the sequence required to open Augury, defeating Josso, collecting Wild Magic and defeating the Doppelganger.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> Are you sure about that, the collect Wild Magic event that triggers the Doppelganger usually happens right after Augury Rock closes...at least it has when I've noticed it happening...unless you're talking about something else completely. but the entire Meta is comprised of the sequence required to open Augury, defeating Josso, collecting Wild Magic and defeating the Doppelganger.

And... pray tell me how much time passes between defeating Josso and the closing down of Augury Rock? That's where the 20 minutes I am referring to are.

Agreed. Augury needs to stay open for any achievements but the doppleganger event should spawn soon after defeating the forgotten boss. I know for lore reasons augury rock closes after killing the doppleganger but I'm sure anet can find other excuses.

> @"Shade.8971" said:

> I know for lore reasons augury rock closes after killing the doppleganger but I'm sure anet can find other excuses.

maybe you meant to write that for lore reasons, augury rock closes before that magic gathering + doppelganger events. :P

I am pretty sure they could reword the events so it still makes sense. For instance:

Change:

"Augury Rock is again sealed, but wild magical energy was released. Augury Rock is closed."

into:

"Wild magical energy has been released. Augury Rock is open. "

It's not too strange to think that the wild energy released doesn't has to be tied to sealing off the place.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> The crazed doppelganger outside Augury rock is not the one you should look for. While you fight the forgotten inside Augury rock, he spawns doppelgangers of everyone present. They count for the ach.

Actually, I am talking of the meta as such, and the daily reward box from which you can get an amalgamated stone, that one does require killing the crazy doppelganger. :/

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > Are you sure about that, the collect Wild Magic event that triggers the Doppelganger usually happens right after Augury Rock closes...at least it has when I've noticed it happening...unless you're talking about something else completely. but the entire Meta is comprised of the sequence required to open Augury, defeating Josso, collecting Wild Magic and defeating the Doppelganger.

>

> And... pray tell me how much time passes between defeating Josso and the closing down of Augury Rock? That's where the 20 minutes I am referring to are.

>

You do realize that 20 minutes is to allow people to read all of the tablets in Augury Rock don't you...I know not everyone will want to read those tablets but that's what that 20 minutes is actually for so where is that time supposed to come from?

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > The crazed doppelganger outside Augury rock is not the one you should look for. While you fight the forgotten inside Augury rock, he spawns doppelgangers of everyone present. They count for the ach.

>

> Actually, I am talking of the meta as such, and the daily reward box from which you can get an amalgamated stone, that one does require killing the crazy doppelganger. :/

Ah that seems like a mistake to me, it would be better if the reward was granted after Josso is defeated, not after the doppelganger is defeated.

If they want the doppelganger to be the end boss then it should really spawn a lot earlier like you suggest. It really doesn't make any sense to expect people to hang around for 20 minutes.