No Stellar Weapons fix for Vision?

The Visions of Istan collection requires 6 Astral weapons, which is fine, but it punishes players who have crafted Stellar weapons because of the similar recipes.

Having crafted 5 stellar weapons feels like a mistake, because I used up all the materials that could have been used for nearly identical Astral weapons that could have counted for the achievement.

I was holding out hope that a patch would fix this and have them both count, but alas it was not to be.

> No Stellar Weapons fix for Vision?

Since it wasn't "broken," there's no need to fix it. Like the comparable visions, it requires the first tier of upgradeable skin sets.

> it punishes players who have crafted Stellar weapons because of the similar recipes.

I confess to be super annoyed at it. I can't claim to have been punished

> I was holding out hope that a patch would fix this and have them both count

I'm not sure why; ANet never suggested they were even considering this. And the community was ambivalent, at best.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> I just finished the Vision portion to unlock the Stellar weapon recepies, I still have to place the mirrors to finish. But to my question, I had to craft 6 Astral weapons to get to that point. Did you not have to do the same prior to the Leggy Trinket collection being introduced?

You only have to craft *one* Astral weapon, any one of them, to unlock the ability to craft all Stellar weapons.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > I just finished the Vision portion to unlock the Stellar weapon recepies, I still have to place the mirrors to finish. But to my question, I had to craft 6 Astral weapons to get to that point. Did you not have to do the same prior to the Leggy Trinket collection being introduced?

>

> You only have to craft *one* Astral weapon, any one of them, to unlock the ability to craft all Stellar weapons.

Thanks, I just reread the requirements. I got it mixed up while doing the Vision collection which required crafting 6.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > I just finished the Vision portion to unlock the Stellar weapon recepies, I still have to place the mirrors to finish. But to my question, I had to craft 6 Astral weapons to get to that point. Did you not have to do the same prior to the Leggy Trinket collection being introduced?

> >

> > You only have to craft *one* Astral weapon, any one of them, to unlock the ability to craft all Stellar weapons.

>

> Thanks, I just reread the requirements. I got it mixed up while doing the Vision collection which required crafting 6.

In some cases, to unlock any of the Tier 2 skin requires unlocking the corresponding T1 skin first. In this case, one need only unlock a single Astral to make any Stellar recipe available for purchase.

Which is where the confusion arises: for other parts of Vision, it's not possible to have spent resources on the second tier without already spending resources on the first. In this case, those of us preferring Stellar over Astral didn't have to go through an intermediate step.