GW2 Story - Ep 6 - War Eternal [SPOILERS] Where will the story go from here?

Just wanted to know if people would like to speculate where the story will progress from here as for the first time, that I can recall, there are no cliff hangers with the way this season ended.

Every other LWS and Expansion has had some sort of cliff hanger as to where the narative would go from that point:

**LWS 1**. Scarlet is defeated and all seems good until we realise that she was successful in awakening Modremoth which starts off LWS 2.

**LSW 2**. You defeat the shadow of the dragon, you learn about the origins of the Sylvari, you are tracking down Caithe and the pact was waged war on modremoth and gotten slaughtered for it.

**HoT**. Modremoth is defeated but you see a portion of his magic get infused into the Egg in Tarir (implying it will hatch soon).

**LWS 3**. Balthazar reveals his plan, you and Taimi stop him killing Jormag and Primordus and the last mursat is defeated, and you receive a vision of Balthazar's location and motivation in the crystal desert.

**PoF**. Balthazar's defeated and your guild are aware that Kralkatorik absorbed the majority of his magic when he was killed and Aurene got the scraps and there are hints of Joko's return now Balthazar is gone.

**Now we get to LWS 4**... Kralk has been defeated, Aurene has taken up her role as an elder dragon, Glint's prophecy has been fulfilled at long last, Joko's story is wrapped up and we are done with the Scarab plague that is no longer a threat. Braham has stopped having his temper tantrum and we now know we **CANNOT **simply go and kill Primordus and Jormag without finding another replacement.

The **ONLY** things I can think of that have been setup for future narative is:

Taimi's Condition no longer being in remission.

Rox's new found love of the Olmakhan tribe and potential exit from the guild.

The only remaining relevant story thread I can think of is the cleansing of the Forfire that we started in LWS 2 that kinda went nowhere

There are no more significant threats I can think of. Elder dragons can no longer be freely killed as the only other known 2 are asleep, there are no more gods.

TLDR; can anyone think of any kind of cliff hanger that can influence the next Arc of this story?

I think you're on the right track with Kralk but before he says "mortal return my blood to my heart" when you finish him, he says; "I only hope that you never have to kill what you love" before he says "Mother", this could just mean that he had to kill his own mother to become elder dragon after her like aurene is doing with her grandfather, but it could also mean killing Glint as he keeps refferring to aurene as "child of my child"

Jormag

Primordus

Steve bubbles :#

If I was planning the story, I would play out LWS5 to finish of both Jormag and Primordus. Devs mentioned already that they were thinking of expanding existing maps. We could see expansion on some of the old maps, primarily in the Ring of Fire and Shiverpeaks.

Steve bubbles will be next expansion.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> Jormag

> Primordus

> Steve bubbles :#

>

> If I was planning the story, I would play out LWS5 to finish of both Jormag and Primordus.

But as we know, we spent 2 whole LWS and an expansion, raising and teaching Aurene to become Kralk's replacement, I feel if they find a new convenient way to kill Jormag and Primordus, it will seem kinda cheap and make Aurene's path less meaningful.

Also, by not dealing with them, they remain a looming threat and can be used as radblocks to resolving a problem like Oh no we cant kill this new threat yet because it may awaken the remaining Elder dragons, as we know they awaken together.

> @"Leeroy.2587" said:

> The **ONLY** things I can think of that have been setup for future narative is:

> Taimi's Condition no longer being in remission.

> Rox's new found love of the Olmakhan tribe and potential exit from the guild.

> The only remaining relevant story thread I can think of is the cleansing of the Forfire that we started in LWS 2 that kinda went nowhere

1 - Probably will be a secondary plot of LWS5

2 - Not really a major plot, as she hasn't directly done much with our guild recently anyways, other than leading the Olmakhan.

3 - Maybe, but possibly it will be another plot point that is forgotten and never again revisited, as many pre HoT plots were

Other than these, Charr civil war plot sounds really plausible at this point, as the only reason they stopped fighting each other was the elder dragons, and they're all dealt with at the moment, so an anti-human Charr and/or human separatist leader/group could gain much sway right now to restart conflicts, especially in/around Ebonhawke where both sides are still bitter at each other.