Classic Server?

I have an alt account without any expansions. I find it slow (no gliding, no mounts), and I'm always missing loot because I don't have autoloot (from Core Masteries). There's been a _lot_ of improvements to the game over the years. Open all, consume all, reduced Waypoints costs, improved-speed gathering tools, previews, etc., etc., etc.

I can't say I've ever seen map/say chat wishing for a return to stripped-down Vanilla GW2.

As a Ranger main, I don't have many fond memories of pre-HoT (my newbie days were spent being kicked out of dungeons and constantly being told to reroll to something useful). Perhaps pre-HoT might seem nostalgic to some, but the meta was almost as strict as it was today. Rather than Chronomancers and Druids (which can be replaced with Firebrand/Renegade), you saw groups requiring Might stacking bannerslaves, DPS kamakaze elementalists and the lovely "5k AP only, no rangers or thieves, gearcheck or kick".

So I don't think Vanilla GW2 would be all that appealing.

Even if they were to set up a classic server it would not feel the same as the nostalgic back in the day. Simply because its based on memories and nostalgia. We already did the classic content a lot of time so it wont feel as "new" experience wise when you were to do it now. You also won't have the same group of guildies and friends playing.

I have seen some games bring back a vanilla server but I have never seen it work to get back the nostalgic feel (and some already shut down again as it went empty).