Just when you thought some aspects of the game are annoying!!!

Here comes RNG nodes!!! Anet you're frack'n killing me here...

Sandswept Iles that's right. I need 250 of those Difluorite Crystals. It used to be that nodes had a minimum of 3 drop units. Now I get 2 or 1 or even worse 50% I get the message to go frack myself.

Trust me Anet as far as the saddle is concerned after 2 hours and a half, I got the message loud and clear and got out of the game after getting 28 and 5 of those were purchased in Dragonfall which is also limited to 5 a day.

Anet does getting a mount now really have to take a month?

Anet does getting a mount now really have to be this annoying and grindy?

Anet does getting a mount really have to be as complex as crafting a Legendary?

Anet does getting a mount skin really have to cost $33.00 Canadian, about the same price as some expansions?

Anet you are asking your player base to play more? If you are, you have a strange way of getting us interested ? :#

To be your first point: the drop rates on the special nodes were originally very atrocious.

Understandably, if you're coming in for the Skyscale having not played the previous episodes, you are in for a slog. For most moderately active players the "farm", so to speak, isn't so terrible. For more active players, such as myself, I didn't need to do any farming at all.

Wayfarer's Henge had a similar design to it when released: a long, drawn out commitment. I see this as par for the course.

Whether or not that was the correct approach is entirely different discussion.

> @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> Here comes RNG nodes!!! Anet you're frack'n killing me here...

> Sandswept Iles that's right. I need 250 of those Difluorite Crystals. It used to be that nodes had a minimum of 3 drop units. Now I get 2 or 1 or even worse 50% I get the message to go frack myself.

Nodes don't respawn with the usual 24 hour cycle. It is very possible that a node only part respawns. It's unfortunate but happens.

> Trust me Anet as far as the saddle is concerned after 2 hours and a half, I got the message loud and clear and got out of the game after getting 28 and 5 of those were purchased in Dragonfall which is also limited to 5 a day.

Get TACO, get tekkits map for nodes in Sandsweept Isles, gather for 20 minutes and reach the cap of 40-50 Difluorite Crystals per day (might need a second character). If you were taking over 2 hours, you were doing other things too.

> Anet does getting a mount now really have to take a month?

Home instance node (ask people in map chat if you don't have it, many help out and allow access), Dragonfall 5 per day bought, makes for 250/8 = 32 days if you do NOTHING else.

> Anet does getting a mount really have to be as complex as crafting a Legendary?

You have obviously never crafted a legendary.

> Anet does getting a mount skin really have to cost $33.00 Canadian, about the same price as some expansions?

No it doesn't, but it seems people are willing to pay the price asked. You can pay the price, wait for a sale, or hope that the skin sells so poorly that Arenanet re-evaluates the pricing for skins. They have not done so this far.

> Anet you are asking your player base to play more? If you are, you have a strange way of getting us interested ? :#

You can play how ever you want. Certain rewards require more involvement, others less. Feel free to chose how to approach each goal and do so at your own pace.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> Yes, the grind for map currency was the least fun part about the collection. But why would you farm nodes when you can get a lot more per day (per character!) by doing hearts? Takes less time than checking on all possible node locations and depending on drop rates.

I've yet to get any skyscale-relevant currency from doing hearts in any of the LW4 zones. Meta events sure but Hearts not one.

Looking in the wiki, it's pretty clear that you're not supposed to get them from hearts either

> @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Yes, the grind for map currency was the least fun part about the collection. But why would you farm nodes when you can get a lot more per day (per character!) by doing hearts? Takes less time than checking on all possible node locations and depending on drop rates.

>

> I've yet to get any skyscale-relevant currency from doing hearts in any of the LW4 zones. Meta events sure but Hearts not one.

>

> Looking in the wiki, it's pretty clear that you're not supposed to get them from hearts either

All hearts in season 4 offers an option to buy an amount of that maps currency/material (like Branded Mass in Thunderhead). The Skyscale need 250 of each. You don't *need* the hearts to get that, but why not use them?

> > Yes, the grind for map currency was the least fun part about the collection. But why would you farm nodes when you can get a lot more per day (per character!) by doing hearts? Takes less time than checking on all possible node locations and depending on drop rates.

>

> I've yet to get any skyscale-relevant currency from doing hearts in any of the LW4 zones. Meta events sure but Hearts not one.

>

> Looking in the wiki, it's pretty clear that you're not supposed to get them from hearts either

From the Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lump_of_Mistonium#Sold_by (just one example)

> Here comes RNG nodes!!! Anet you're frack'n killing me here...

> Sandswept Iles that's right. I need 250 of those Difluorite Crystals. It used to be that nodes had a minimum of 3 drop units. Now I get 2 or 1 or even worse 50% I get the message to go frack myself.

> Trust me Anet as far as the saddle is concerned after 2 hours and a half, I got the message loud and clear and got out of the game after getting 28 and 5 of those were purchased in Dragonfall which is also limited to 5 a day.

> Anet does getting a mount now really have to take a month?

> Anet does getting a mount now really have to be this annoying and grindy?

> Anet does getting a mount really have to be as complex as crafting a Legendary?

> Anet does getting a mount skin really have to cost $33.00 Canadian, about the same price as some expansions?

> Anet you are asking your player base to play more? If you are, you have a strange way of getting us interested ? :#

Yeap, seems like they went the milking way with GW2 lately. Who would have thought the GW2 can transform into such within so short timeframe..

P.S. don't get surprised/annoyed from people, telling you that "you're holding it wrongly". You are not.

>

>

12 characters doing all the hearts gets the whole thing done in 3 days max (less for me). ;)

I have to agree with OP about RNG nodes.

Please do not ever name a node as "Difluorite node" but it does not guarantee at least a Difluorite.

In real world, We call call it as Wrong advertisement, Deceiving etc and completely illegal thing.

Name those nodes as RNG NODES, please.