Dragon Bash: Why are there caps on coffers & zhaitaffy?

First a big thank you to Anet for bringing back the Dragon Bash festival!!! :) I like most of the activities, the new place in Hoelbrak, the atmosphere of the festival.

What lowers my fun extremely is the daily cap on dragon coffers and zhaitaffy from pinatas; and actually I don´t understand why there is a cap at all. If people want to farm Dragon Bash why don´t you let them? Do you think Crown Pavilion or Halloween´s lab would be fun if you had to stop because there were no more drops/ candycorn to mine?

What makes this decision even worse are the extremely high prices of the Dragon Bash vendors: To get what you want, you have to buy zhaitaffy from the trading post (so one has to farm other events/metas/fractals to get the event currency - come on...) or log in to your alt accounts (if you have one or more).

I would like that to be changed when the festival returns next year!

Taffy is still selling for over a silver and coffers are still selling for 30-35s. If people farmed them without limits, anyone starting today would be seeing less value for the same effort of those who started last week. The contents of the coffers are already diminished even with the cap. Similarly, it also means that people are less likely to burn out on Dragon Bash, with Festival of the Four Winds and the 7-year Anniversary around the corner.

I don't have a strong opinion about whether it's better for the community to take into account latecomers and slowpokes, whether it's better to have fewer coffers and more generous drop rates. I just realize it's not as simple as implied above.

My hope is that ANet's experimenting with different ways to make sure the event feels rewarding to the greatest number of people and that will see variations on this theme in the future. Eventually, they'll find some sort of happier medium between the "farming until your hands bleed" of Halloween and the hard caps we see in Dragon Bash.