Lagging issues since the recent patch

I noticed the same. While the ping has probably nothing to do with the patch I have high drops in FPS. Can you check something for me please? Open the option panel, so you can monitor the Ping and the FPS: try to move forward, but do not rotate the camera. Then do the opposite: try to not move but just rotate the camera.

I have FPS drops only when I rotate the camera.

I was in Kanutz Cache when I tried this.

Yes. This is symptomatic portion of the problem. Frame dropping when the FoV rotates, also when my FoV includes other players the FPS seems to go haywire. It seems we have a correlation. Monday I sent in a ticket to have this checked out. Thursday and Friday the game was running like a dream. Saturday I boot and my frames aren't having it. Disappointing.

I've also had issues. Only, instead of the wonderful 20 FPS that you're getting, I drop down to 2 or 3 FPS. It's usually 10 or below in the PoF maps. My ping also spikes to 2k+ now and again. Just to see if WvW could be brought that low, I checked in there and my average FPS is 30+ with a ping averaging at 250 or so. I don't know what the deal is, but something's wrong with the PoF maps.

I haven't played it on my laptop since the 4th, but it worked fine then. Tried stating it up today and found my FPS was less than 1 and my ping time was averaging around 2000ms with spikes well over 3000ms. Now, it's an OLD laptop with an nVidia 445 video card, so I don't get great framerates at the best of times, but at least it's usually playable. After the initial performance issues, I can no longer get in to GW2. The computer crashes to a BSOD, "collects information" and reboots before getting to the character selection screen. Now today, I did install a new nVidia driver, which was I was originally blaming, but it seems it my be more related to the client released on the 6th. Also, I noticed today that my system disk (Where I also have GW2 installed) at the time I was trying to play was pinned at 100% usage, while, what appears to be a massive Windows update (And about 5 other patches) download and installs. A pinned disk could explain the framerate issue and BSOD, but not the network latency others have noticed. The October cumulative Windows patch is still downloading. Once it finishes, I'll post an update to see if things improve.

After installing all updates and rebooting. I can get in to the game now, but framerate is still under 1fps (Currently I'm getting about 1 frame every 5 seconds). Average ping remains the same, over 2000ms with spikes over 3000ms. No other setting have changed. I still have lots of PC resources free with only 50% memory used and about 40% of CPU. Disk is nearly idle.