What's your thoughts on "Very Good/Interesting Skins" being sold in the Gem Store?

Just as someome with a wall of text above said, I think it's cptaylor, I would love very much Guild halls decos bundles on gemstore, I asked them as volatile magic vendors ones but in addition further map themed bundles on the gemstore would be a real gold mine, would instantly buy some charr, asuran lab or sylvari plants pack. Many thing are unexploited by gemstore, I think their team is just too small.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> even if it's something like the garden plots in the home instance... that I mistakenly bought not realizing how tedious they would be and produce things that can't even be deposited into the material storage...……………

Aw, man. I was looking forward to getting the plot when it cycled through the store again - is it really that useless?

> @"Tarlonniel.6534" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > even if it's something like the garden plots in the home instance... that I mistakenly bought not realizing how tedious they would be and produce things that can't even be deposited into the material storage...……………

>

> Aw, man. I was looking forward to getting the plot when it cycled through the store again - is it really that useless?

I don’t think you can grow flax with it but I could be mistaken. That was my main hope. But I guess you can use the seeds for dye unlocks. They just can’t be deposited so they take up bank or bag space and it takes quite a few to even make one of the recipes for the unlocks. It’s a neat little thing to have in your home instance, but I wouldn’t advise someone to get one. Unless they’re just a completionist with home nodes.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Tarlonniel.6534" said:

> > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > even if it's something like the garden plots in the home instance... that I mistakenly bought not realizing how tedious they would be and produce things that can't even be deposited into the material storage...……………

> >

> > Aw, man. I was looking forward to getting the plot when it cycled through the store again - is it really that useless?

>

> I don’t think you can grow flax with it but I could be mistaken. That was my main hope. But I guess you can use the seeds for dye unlocks. They just can’t be deposited so they take up bank or bag space and it takes quite a few to even make one of the recipes for the unlocks. It’s a neat little thing to have in your home instance, but I wouldn’t advise someone to get one. Unless they’re just a completionist with home nodes.

What are you talking about...you harvest the plants like normal and place the harvested material in material storage, just like all others...with the EXCEPTION of the rare plants that you can only plant after doing certain things...the plots allow you to plant things you can't plant as nodes, that's what they're for in essence.

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> I'm the wrong target audience obviously, I don't think they've released almost anything I've liked since the first year, and I do mean everything, skins from expansions, ls, gemstore, you name it.

>

> Yeah, I'm still wandering around in 95% skins from 2012. (Edit: and not a single legendary yet, don't like any of them. They all look like power-rangers toy weapons)

Just curious, when you say you do not like the expansions and living world seasons, do you mean you bought/tried them and don't like them or you never tried them at all?

And to this topic, as someone who adore the footfalls of legendary weapons along with the stat-swap but can take or leave the flashy effect, sure, sell flashy weapons in the gem store. As someone said above, I'll buy what I like, and not buy what I won't.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > @"Tarlonniel.6534" said:

> > > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > even if it's something like the garden plots in the home instance... that I mistakenly bought not realizing how tedious they would be and produce things that can't even be deposited into the material storage...……………

> > >

> > > Aw, man. I was looking forward to getting the plot when it cycled through the store again - is it really that useless?

> >

> > I don’t think you can grow flax with it but I could be mistaken. That was my main hope. But I guess you can use the seeds for dye unlocks. They just can’t be deposited so they take up bank or bag space and it takes quite a few to even make one of the recipes for the unlocks. It’s a neat little thing to have in your home instance, but I wouldn’t advise someone to get one. Unless they’re just a completionist with home nodes.

>

> What are you talking about...you harvest the plants like normal and place the harvested material in material storage, just like all others...with the EXCEPTION of the rare plants that you can only plant after doing certain things...the plots allow you to plant things you can't plant as nodes, that's what they're for in essence.

The fact that there is an exception is why I expressed my annoyance. It’s a small inconvenience but would be a lot better if they had a spot.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > I'm the wrong target audience obviously, I don't think they've released almost anything I've liked since the first year, and I do mean everything, skins from expansions, ls, gemstore, you name it.

> >

> > Yeah, I'm still wandering around in 95% skins from 2012. (Edit: and not a single legendary yet, don't like any of them. They all look like power-rangers toy weapons)

>

> Just curious, when you say you do not like the expansions and living world seasons, do you mean you bought/tried them and don't like them or you never tried them at all?

I think they just mean the gear skins that came with those releases.

> @"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:

> > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > > I'm the wrong target audience obviously, I don't think they've released almost anything I've liked since the first year, and I do mean everything, skins from expansions, ls, gemstore, you name it.

> > >

> > > Yeah, I'm still wandering around in 95% skins from 2012. (Edit: and not a single legendary yet, don't like any of them. They all look like power-rangers toy weapons)

> >

> > Just curious, when you say you do not like the expansions and living world seasons, do you mean you bought/tried them and don't like them or you never tried them at all?

>

> I think they just mean the gear skins that came with those releases.

Sorry for being unclear, in this case I specifically talked about skins/fashion. As in I still walk around in almost only skins from the first year or so. The rest of the things have their ups and downs, I like some and dislike other parts. But yeah, for the topic I don't really care one way or another what skins they sell where, since I'm not very likely to be interested in any of it anyways.

If people could buy the legendary skins on the gemstore, the only thing I'd notice is 10% more people running around with the silly looking things.

What I would buy, on the spot, is options to disable what I see of other players stuff (mounts, infusions, gliders, mounts, infusions, colors, sparkles, mounts, infusions, backpacks, infusions, ability to replace their skins with something neutral like the pvp/wvw mode, infusions, mounts, etc.).

Because walking around in this game can sometimes feel like walking around in one of those silly "fashion shows" where they show of the weirdest dumbest most impractical "dresses" by random designers etc in Paris or what not. Or straight out of a Sci-fi show, or a strip-bar etc. (Heck I'm starting to miss Aion's option to disable other players animations! Useless but quite fun!)