Pvp Tier list?

Tea.2740

I know a player is more of a factor than class, but I'm just curious which classes have a edge above the rest. For instance based on skills and play style alone which classes have a "easier" time than others. I'm looking for a tier list based on the dps aspect and carry potential, not support/healing etc.

Right now, probably Scourge and to a lesser extent Spellbreaker. The former can make a point impossible for the enemy team to step foot on (and keep it that way), while the latter can happily outsustain most opponents, or just run through AoEs in a team fight with FC up, causing massive disruption, slow, and condi spread.

While this isn't as easy to play, ranged power bursters (Deadeye, Marauder Soulbeast, etc.) can make a fair impact on the game by targeting the other team's Scourge(s), or harassing lone Spellbreakers.

Spellbreaker, thief, mirage, scourge, in that order for carry potential.

"DPS aspect?" DPS is different from just damage. A warrior for example will likely have more damage than a thief at the end of a game, but the thief will have more DPS. One will be hammering away at something for a longer time, bloating up a damage statistic taking longer to kill it, while the one with greater DPS will come, kill, leave. Perhaps a better example was when right after HoT, condi revenants were achieving an excess of 1 million damage per match and each team only got 1 or 2 kills out of the entire 15 minutes.

Scourge probably only considered S atm because even Anet basically said they are over-performing due to bugs. Literally haven't seen any Herald/Renegade Revs in PvP since PoF hit...

Not including any Core builds and assuming very-skilled players...Probably something like:

* **S :** Daredevil (Carry/DPS), Scourge (DPS/Carry), Spellbreaker (Carry)

* **A :** Mirage (DPS), Chronomancer (Carry/DPS), Scrapper (Support), Holosmith (DPS/Support), Weaver (DPS/Support), Tempest (DPS/Support), Druid (Support), Soulbeast (DPS/Support), Dragonhunter (Support)

* **B :** Reaper (Support), Firebrand (Support), Deadeye (Carry/DPS)

* **C :** Renegade, Herald, Berserker, ... anything else.

----

DPS being: Lots of damage

Carry being: Play maker

Support being: Bunker, tank, healing, etc.

> @ArthurDent.9538 said:

> S: Scourge, Spell-Breaker

> A: Bunker Firebrand, Daredevil

> B: Druid, Holosmith, Auramancer, Mirage/Chrono

> C: Scrapper, Dragonhunter, Soulbeast, Weaver, Reaper

> D : Herald, Deadeye, Core warrior, core guard

> F: Most everything else

> Z- Renegade with Kala and/or Shortbow

This looks most accurate

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @Abelisk.4527 said:

> > ^ Scourge*

> >

> > Mirage (with Port+Blink) can carry as much as Daredevil.

>

> Except that in the majority of cases a team won't coordinate with portals. The Pro league is gone. We need to stop thinking in terms of heavily practiced teams on voice.

why? as I recall you used to complain about losing to those very teams in the ATs?

they don't seem very gone to me lol. just because you don't use tactics and can't make it past round 1 doesn't mean other teams can't ;)

you don't even need voice coms for portals, just paying attention usually works.