How social are you?

I mostly play alone.

My main guilds mostly exist as it has different tiers of gathering nodes.

I hardly talk to anyone online.

So in short, I donot consider myself social, I mostly mind my own business and enjoy my parse time online.

When I had more time (and desire) to play, I would be more social and active. I still pug and say hi in the group. I never mind people playing along with me.

I do not think that GW2-players have become less social. Any change has been me and are part of my choices in life. My focus has shifted in real life and so it affected my game life.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not overly. I used to play an older MMO with where auto attack was common and macros for skill rotations was allowed (it was a game where you were mostly rooted during combat, compared to this games more action combat). Lengthy dungeons with this sort of combat made text chat a lot easier. I made a lot of friends in that game as people were more apt to respond or chat since they were free to if they had their macros set up.

Text chat in GW2 isn't really that great unless you're not doing much of anything. You can't take the time to do so in content like fractals or WvW or even during events a lot of the time without just letting your character stand still. Even in open world PvE, which isn't hard, if you stop to type some mob 50 miles away will aggro you and attack forcing you to respond.

Voice chat is pretty well a necessity if you want to really chat with people and that's not really appealing to me. I interact with people all day long at work, so when I sit down to play I just like to crank some tunes up and play. I'd very much like to be able to text chat with people more, but this game isn't really designed for that.

Not a complaint, just the shift from an MMO that wasn't action oriented to one that is really curbed my social interactions.

hmm, for someone who's very introverted (and maybe i'm just replacing irl interaction w/ game interaction - JUST MAYBE), i've made quite a few good friends in this game in the past few months

most of them are from fractals; some random ones from open world and wvw; others are friends of friends

i haven't really met - or well, i have met of course, but i suppose i mean i haven't gotten close to - anyone via guilds. i'm not really a guild or big group kinda person, more of a one-on-one or small social circles person?

it's worth nothing that i've been playing for almost a year, but didn't really talk to anybody until january 2019 (when i made my first gw2 frann)

and also cough cough i *may or may not have* met my ex via this game, but he doesn't play anymore

and i *may or may not* have a thing for another boy right now, BUT that's for the future, not the present hehehe