how would you introduce new players to wvw?

Sovereign.1093

just go in and do whatever you feel like doing. that's what everyone does anyways. as you spend more time in there you'll figure out the way things are and then still do whatever you feel like.

wvw basically works like any open world group/event. pugs will be more disorganized than guild groups. voice helps also.

its as laid back as pvp gets in gaming, pretty much best place to start.

you'll likely die a lot, get over it. :D

you'll learn the rest over time, its really not a big deal. the odd rare baby will make a fuss, but its rather rare and not something to pay any attention to.

i've always preferred more organized guild groups. i just have more fun that way but since i've been back i've just been going pure pug and derping around. having a good time at it also.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people who take the time to type up honest, genuine advice - thank you. :) I think I'll start dipping my toes into WvW once I'm able (my current potato computer throws a screaming tantrum if a zerg so much as breathes in my general direction - from all the way across the map! - so I'm waiting on a new computer). I look forward to learning...and dying _a lot_...and having fun.

"Dead game"? Not to one who's just starting.

your options:

(A) turn off chat, dont use voice chat, play a build you can handle -> enjoy

(B) become a toxic scourge ball elitist

© get a roamer cheese build and laugh at salty whispers

(D) try to find the remaining ppl that still play WvW and don't belong to A, B or C (good luck with that :p )

sum up wvw after 7 years it's just plain old boring, pull out on the toxicity of a lot of the players and the elitist cliques as well make alone a poor play experience i dread to think what it has to offer new players at all any more, lots of the old players have left and for good reason, i won't be playing that game mode any more, with lag and boring blob fights and commanders that fail to inspire anything within the playstyle, to frustration of tags that say that ppl dont follow them, then again why should they, to the politics of guys that are just like grumpy old men all fighting and bickering and insulting each other and all the in fighting that goes on i wonder how there is any real battles on the battlefields any more. Not worth my time or resources, i much more prefer pve since pof came out and i won't ever be venturing in that game mode again hopefully anet will finally scrap it cause its been dead a long time already. :)

> @"deffy.1320" said:

> sum up wvw after 7 years it's just plain old boring, pull out on the toxicity of a lot of the players and the elitist cliques as well make alone a poor play experience i dread to think what it has to offer new players at all any more, lots of the old players have left and for good reason, i won't be playing that game mode any more, with lag and boring blob fights and commanders that fail to inspire anything within the playstyle, to frustration of tags that say that ppl dont follow them, then again why should they, to the politics of guys that are just like grumpy old men all fighting and bickering and insulting each other and all the in fighting that goes on i wonder how there is any real battles on the battlefields any more. Not worth my time or resources, i much more prefer pve since pof came out and i won't ever be venturing in that game mode again hopefully anet will finally scrap it cause its been dead a long time already. :)

this isnt the topic of the thread. :/