probably the worst idea ever thought up by man to solve population issues

so world restructuring will make this idea irrelevant. just wanna start out with that, for reasons.

so what if all of the wvw maps worked like a megaserver. eb is always open. then, if the smallest server (this is determined by metrics taken every half hour or so) has a queue, the biggest servers bl opens. this way the small server can attack without worrying about defending, making the most use out of their smaller size. this also completely destroys band wagoning and stacked servers, since they will have hour long queues if they want to play. guess how long it will take for them to unstack.

The true population issue imo is that you can have 200 ppl online, but if they dont want to play together, its simply an irrelevant number.

- different languages

- PPT / PPK

- casual / progressive

- Meta builds / builds you can handle and are used to play with

- guild-internal raids

- hidden tags

- voice chat: yes / no

. . .

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> so world restructuring will make this idea irrelevant. just wanna start out with that, for reasons.

>

> so what if all of the wvw maps worked like a megaserver. eb is always open. then, if the smallest server (this is determined by metrics taken every half hour or so) has a queue, the biggest servers bl opens. this way the small server can attack without worrying about defending, making the most use out of their smaller size. this also completely destroys band wagoning and stacked servers, since they will have hour long queues if they want to play. guess how long it will take for them to unstack.

How will they do this though?

i can imagine eotm since it's already a mega server with sides green blue red. i mean the real imbalance has more to do not with population but time zones we players play in. this is not a 9 to 5 job for us; so we can be playing 1 week and maybe the next no; so --- anet needs to freshen their way to check population, like check it every 2 weeks.

of course the idea of rebooting wvw appeals to me; so that each season we'll have a fresh server 1 2 3 with active players :3

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> i can imagine eotm since it's already a mega server with sides green blue red. i mean the real imbalance has more to do not with population but time zones we players play in.

no. not eotm. regular wvw maps like I said. I don't have a solution for night capping, tbh don't really care if a bunch of people want to pvd in their off time. i'm more concerned about the actual fights themselves.

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > i can imagine eotm since it's already a mega server with sides green blue red. i mean the real imbalance has more to do not with population but time zones we players play in.

>

> no. not eotm. regular wvw maps like I said. I don't have a solution for night capping, tbh don't really care if a bunch of people want to pvd in their off time. i'm more concerned about the actual fights themselves.

im willing to try anything. mega servers - your guild becomes your server. issue though, how will one be green red or blue?

queuing like pvp would work. but i dunno. unless we have beta testing, we'll only have speculations. and anet probably didnt want to repeat 2013.

We all know the solution. We choose to ignore it. Anet could fix it but chooses NOT to address. Fix the god damn population of the teams and be done with it. Anet stop letting the inmates run the asylum. Think we all know how it works and who can fix it. JC wake up.

Maybe we need to start linking NA servers with EU servers for the Timezone issue. As for language...that's just a barrier we would have to learn to break. The Majority of us have been playing on six years in WvW, and some of them have been doing it non-stop. Those that been here for the last year, know the full tactical range of what is needed on the moment. Basically we all know what to do, we just need to learn to do it automatically by watching what the commander does, and where the commander goes. That and many European players actually do speak English as a second or third language....so...no issues there.

> so world restructuring will make this idea irrelevant. just wanna start out with that, for reasons.

>

> so what if all of the wvw maps worked like a megaserver. eb is always open. then, if the smallest server (this is determined by metrics taken every half hour or so) has a queue, the biggest servers bl opens. this way the small server can attack without worrying about defending, making the most use out of their smaller size. this also completely destroys band wagoning and stacked servers, since they will have hour long queues if they want to play. guess how long it will take for them to unstack.

world restructuring will make it irrelevant, but considering the timeline perhaps it's implementation is simply failing, so any other idea is just as welcome in my opinion...

I think is a great idea to scale maps to ensure appropriate population.

But,

To avoid queues. Ditch the 3 teams on all for maps per match-up approach.

Big server has queues? open a map with **any** other servers that also has queues.

A server can't hold a map? Close the map, remove the loosing server and create a new map match with another server that is holding a queue and needs more maps.

Scoring would be messed up, but... does that even matter at this point?

I doubt server population issues can be fully fixed, especially across time zones (does OCA weekday prime time really need all 4 maps to play on?), so they should just balance the maps themselves.