New/Returning Player

I've had this game since release but never really given it a good shot, never done dungeons or raids (not sure what there called in GW2), I literally just levelled and enjoyed the lore.

How hard is it for a new player to experience the (endgame) dungeons and so on, I will be starting from scratch as it's been a while since I played last, however now that I have some free time I want to explore all aspects of the game.

Thanks in advance.

Not too hard if you go in open minded and join a decent Guild to be honest, although you will need time to get your character set up for endgame raid content - whether that's levelling to 80, gear, learning rotations, understanding skills and roles and so forth

Going in on your own and pugging it is going to be restrictive and frustrating if you are talking raids.

Dungeons aren't really endgame content, except Fractal Dungeons (very similar to dungeons). Fractals are highly accessible for pick up groups because they have tiers of difficulty you can work up

WvW (World V World pvp) content you can learn on the fly. Better just to jump in and have fun, although you will do better if you willing to use voice chat tools to listen to instructions from decent commanders leading the groups

Dungeons are pretty easy. Story modes can be soloed with the right builds. Explorable needs a group, but you can often find a PUG on LFG. Raids are more complicated, but if you find a guild that does training raids, you can learn those as well. I know the guild I'm in does weekly training raids. I'm sure others do as well.