> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > > Father: NCsoft

> > > Mother: ArenaNet

> > > Favorite Child: PvE

> > > Abused Child: WvW

> > > That Rat in the Corner: sPvP

> >

> > PvP would be the problem child they gave up on. Considering the whole fiasco with people buying wins and gaming the system.

> > WvW would be neglected. He cries and mom is just reading a book and nodding going "uh huh, that's interesting dear."

> > PvE has a giant trophy case in the living room.

> >

> > Jokes aside; I love this game, and I don't have any *major* complaints. But it would be nice for them to add something to WvW that isn't just borrowed from PvE (not that I don't like having gliding and a mount, I just want something added that was tailored for WvW from the start)

>

> I mean they were trying things at a time, the portable cannons and repair hammers, etc.

> But people raged about them during the trial about imbalance, etc. the same way they raged about mounts and gliding.

>

> WvW is the child who keeps begging for things but then screams when they are given something new because they don't like to give it a chance.

>

> WvW needs attention, no doubt. But the serious WvW players needs to stop whining when things change in their game mode. Like, you want something new but you don't want it to change things too much, well that isn't how changes work.

Yeah, I see a lot of talk about WvW where people complain that they just want things to be exactly as they were at the beginning of the game. But then turn around and complain that the game mode gets no attention or new things added to it.

> @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > @"hellsqueen.3045" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > > > Father: NCsoft

> > > > Mother: ArenaNet

> > > > Favorite Child: PvE

> > > > Abused Child: WvW

> > > > That Rat in the Corner: sPvP

> > >

> > > PvP would be the problem child they gave up on. Considering the whole fiasco with people buying wins and gaming the system.

> > > WvW would be neglected. He cries and mom is just reading a book and nodding going "uh huh, that's interesting dear."

> > > PvE has a giant trophy case in the living room.

> > >

> > > Jokes aside; I love this game, and I don't have any *major* complaints. But it would be nice for them to add something to WvW that isn't just borrowed from PvE (not that I don't like having gliding and a mount, I just want something added that was tailored for WvW from the start)

> >

> > I mean they were trying things at a time, the portable cannons and repair hammers, etc.

> > But people raged about them during the trial about imbalance, etc. the same way they raged about mounts and gliding.

> >

> > WvW is the child who keeps begging for things but then screams when they are given something new because they don't like to give it a chance.

> >

> > WvW needs attention, no doubt. But the serious WvW players needs to stop whining when things change in their game mode. Like, you want something new but you don't want it to change things too much, well that isn't how changes work.

>

> You're right we shouldn't complain too much. Here's an honest opinion, we just want a reason to be competitive, a reason to win. In 2015 we had that in WvW seasons where servers had to compete to claim the ultimate prize, titles, finishers, exclusive currency and benefits for the server. Now WvW is just a big Karma train. We don't want anything else other than this and something similar to WvW seasons.

>

> PvE gets updated everyone 2-3 months. We've been asking for 2 years now. We don't care about shiny mounts or changes to how WvW is played. We only care about why it should be played.

>

> I apologize if I sound a little annoyed. It's just that we've been waiting for years for alliances while PvE gets updated every 2 months. For every 20 pve updates, there is 1 for WvW that we didn't ask for. I don't understand why the teams over in the PvE department do so well listening to their customers. While our team only rolls what they seem fitting and not what the community demands.

Hey man, that's totally fair.

I think the issue is that those things don't freshen the game mode up and make it more inviting either.

Definitely there needs to be something to make it more competitive for the serious players and we definitely need alliances for rebalancing. But how long would that be engaging for?

At the end of the day you need new things to keep players engaged and attract new players by wanting to expose them to that environment.

They definitely need to give the veterans what they want, but the veterans also need to be open minded to the new things being introduced because that stuff can attract new players, etc. If it is truly awful, it is fair to complain but it definitely needs to be done constructively which I can see you have no problem with.

Father: NcSoft-overly controlling, just wants his sandwiches

Mother: Anet-due to overly controlling husband and not splitting up with him has slowly over time changed as a person. Has tried working multiple jobs in the past to make up for father being unemployed and living off of her, but was fired from one of them some months ago due to the burdens of life.

PvE: Young child or toddaler who is easily attracted to shiny objects. (obviously not all PvEers-don't hate me for this)

WvW: Has a big passion for a lower salary, but respectable profession. Mother keeps telling not only WvW, but everyone else for that matter, that WvW wants to be a doctor instead. WvW keeps telling mother he doesn't want to be a doctor, but mother doesn't listen.

PvP: A teenager who was given hardly any attention by the mother. When the teenager got in a big fight with mother, mother gave a shiny object to PvP. When PvP told mother they were 16 years old and not 6, mother got mad at PvP and no longer gives them anything anymore for years. Mother just talked to PvP and said she will try to give another shiny object to them in the future for Christmas. PvP confused and now all siblings concerned about mother's health even though deep down inside they know they still love her, just don't think she will ever be the same person again.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > Father: NCsoft

> > Mother: ArenaNet

> PvE, PvP, WvW: Three siblings fighting over what they think is the last cookie.

And the PvE sibling is the one who got all the cookies in the first place, which resulted in only one being left.

> @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > @"c space cowboy.2764" said:

> > It's more apt to now say that WvW is the runaway as is obvious by the population decline.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/X1KcXvD.jpg "")

> >

>

> Right? It's more evident that the population for "Full" status has been declining as well. Blackgate, being used as the definition of a "full server", lost many of it's population and activity. Guilds leaving and popular commanders. It's a shame really. WvW during seasons was such a blast. We had a reason to fight and win in WvW. Now without seasons, everything is just a karma train. Also I find it funny that Blackgate opened as soon as Cookie left. He brought such a huge following, in terms of WvW.

And players had reasons to server hop thus creating some of the problems we see today.. players complained of long queues just to get onto stacked servers, players complained they couldn't xfer to stacked servers and had to be content with being steam rolled day in day out on decimated servers throughout tourneys and normal WvW weeks, months, years. That right there is where I saw much of the current issues begin because when servers were allowed to depopulate and hive players to stacked servers there was only ever going to be population declines as players got bored of not being able to compete (ooh yeah they threw out the outnumbered bonus... weeee).

Then the issues have of course then been further exacerbated by ANET's lack of attention to the game mode, culminating in the errmmm 18month Alliance "talking about in the coming months" announcement.

Not great all round imo, but hopefully there has been a wake up call internally this past week and we start getting something conversed soon...

Then again as families go, you could have the most perfect of family environments, the best, most intelligent, hardest working and caring of adults and children and there will still be conflict at some point or another :)