Some ideas for wvw types.

Take eotm and make 2 or 3 smaller maps from it. Then each map has a fortress in that fortress is a place where you turn in a flag that you pick up from resource bases around the map.

The idea is to take your team go find these flags that are at resource capture points and fight the other team to take possession of it.

After taking possession your team then has to run that capture flag to the fortress, and the other team can attack you and take the flag if they can.

The winner is who got the most flags to the fortress in the round. Two teams start out in a 10v10 seeing how they are doing strikes shows this can be done,

you would assemble your team and queue to get into the map. It could have its own rewards not linked to the wvw reward tracks. I think this would be good for guilds to play against one another on maps that arent zergs and have a different type of playstyle that dont require much to implement. Most of it already exists in the game.

You can also introduce obstacle course battles to the other map, where players fight each other through mazes that rotate, and fire pits you have to jump over avalanches or rolling boulders that can crash down on you, and land mines planted randomly. Think indiana jones here all the while fighting the other team to capture the base.

This could be 20v20 or 15v15 and would add some crazyness into the mix as players improvise how to navigate the battlefield

Of course no mounts in these that would spoil the gameplay. It could be a fun map without the zergs and it can be queued for like the strikes

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> sounds cool lol.

> would be a great idea to have a wvw map that is small and has a different objective other then "build siege and press 1111".

I think so, it makes the map a bit more interesting, and you can coordinate with your team better.

I dont think that putting a game type in WvW would do anything except take away the feel of WvW, if I understood your post right. I personally think you need to feel the entirety of the map and whats going on in all of it. Maybe if they included a new class, such as a spy, or a tower guard, that you could play while in there and add a couple of abilities for you while in WvW. I guess what they would or could do is add a specialized mount. So a spy would get a mount that remain undetected, and by pressing x allows his team a visual on what he sees in certain proximty. Has a large cooldown. Or a tower Guard gets a mount that can just take punishing amounts of damage before he gets knocked off. or they just keep the mounts and add a new mastery, and good to go.

What you mentioned would be fine for maybe PvP game mode though. my opinion