So I decided to make a Condi Staff/Soul Reaping Scourge...

Justine.6351

I know, I know...

Most skill-less garbage in game but I wanted to see for myself and I was not disappointed. I didn't actually realize the shade skills were insta cast with no global CD between them. So long as you have a decent build PATH OF CORRUPTION and can ground target, you cannot play scourge badly. How does one actually dodge scourge?

Atm I'm using rabid/dire/carrion because I had it in bank with rare staff lol and sigils of absorbtion/draining. Curses/soul reaping/scourge. When I actually bother to weapon swap it's axe/torch.

What's the best lineup of utility skills for Condi wvw safe play scourge?

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> How does one actually Dodge Scourge?

>

> They hold "a" or "d". They don't stand in the shades.

OP is a PVP/WVW master, and can therefore not be expected to utilize complicated maneuvers like "moving out of the obvious AOE".

Come on, don't be mean. You should know that.

you realize that shades don't do anything if the necro isn't casting right? Just the act of placing a shade denies an area because no one knows when a scourge will instant cast on them. Hence, how do you actually dodge them? Random guess dodging? I mean its cool a necro can area denial by threat of attack but lets be real here, its free to cast sand shades and they cover alot of area for 20 seconds at a time. More scourge, more area.

More eles, more area. Even long term area denial is nothing new, it just has taken the form of easily movable AoE before now instead of the more static, but longer lasting nature of Scourge.

You can't nerf classes based on what happens when there is more than one there. What you are discussing is exactly why WvW can never be well balanced. It's inherent to the game mode.

> @Justine.6351 said:

> you realize that shades don't do anything if the necro isn't casting right? Just the act of placing a shade denies an area because no one knows when a scourge will instant cast on them. Hence, how do you actually dodge them? Random guess dodging? I mean its cool a necro can area denial by threat of attack but lets be real here, its free to cast sand shades and they cover alot of area for 20 seconds at a time. More scourge, more area.

Exploiting player psychology. Most players in WvW and PvP will immediately pop skills if they notice something in shade's AOE range, and you can bait them to burn their big skills while you dodge out or juke at the last second. For WvW, some scourges are getting smart enough to use it to drive a wedge between the commander and trailing front liners, since most PUG commanders (even with voice) tend to promote aggressive pushes. This cuts the commander off from their second burst of stability, and effectively cuts the head off the snake.

All it takes to make this work is holding the burst attack a couple seconds, and fire once the driver gets past the shade trap. Even if the driver survives, most of the stragglers will blow their cool downs to try and catch up. Its not a super reliable strat... but the forward bomb strat for Pirate ship is just marks anyway (longer range then your shades), and is surprisingly effective if you can hit the the right spot to blast a thin spot in the line, and spook the rest of the train from following. Though I doubt it will work on a guild group that knows better.

> How does one actually Dodge Scourge?

>

> They hold "a" or "d". They don't stand in the shades.

The problem is when melee players get too close to the scourge itself. Pulsing AoE cripple prevents you from moving out of the AoE before dropping, and being in the AoE prevents teammates from rezzing you.

> More eles, more area. Even long term area denial is nothing new, it just has taken the form of easily movable AoE before now instead of the more static, but longer lasting nature of Scourge.

>

> You can't nerf classes based on what happens when there is more than one there. What you are discussing is exactly why WvW can never be well balanced. It's inherent to the game mode.

There is this cliff in WvW... it's area denial is OP so I guess they should nerf it.