Exotic Food Duration Slashed

inaho.2046

I noticed that all the Exotic food duration had been slashed from 45min or 1 hr. down to 30 mins, this also appears to apply to festival foods that previously had a 1hr or 45 min duration. This includes food made before the recipies were modified to use slightly fewer ingredients. Does anyone know what the reason behind that change was? The only 1hr recipies now are ascended. Given the small amount of varietal seed drops and the high number of foods that must be salvaged to get the enrichments needed to turn them into a one time use seed packet, that must be replanted for a second crop... I'm concerned that the changes will do more to hurt than help cooking as a viable in game profession - especially geven the time and large amounts of karma wasted gettinjg the expensive to make 1 hr. recipies. My not just make ascended food 2 hours, and leave the old food alone?

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> I agree. And they, of course, made Varietal Mint and Peppercorn extra rare drops so the price for both is nuts. Typical.

>

Right now all five cultivated plants (ascended resource) are at 20-30s on TP, varietal mint and peppercorn aren't rarer you just have to find the best route to get their seeds.

About ascended food, i wish they could make them more "ascended" (following the ascended gear pattern in terms of attributes) to at least make the resources more valuable, it really makes me sad how cheap they are on market. :'(

Gendarran has 9 herb plants that can be easily found and with a few alts can be used to farm more peppercorn than you can use. Lake Doric gives enough of everything else except Clove. Getting the seeds is the easiest part. The hard part is quickly going to be getting enough level 80 foods to salvage.

I think Anet should have made the Ascended foods last 2 hours and have the trays persist for 15m. All the old foods should have been left alone. But I guess it is too late for that now.

> @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > I agree. And they, of course, made Varietal Mint and Peppercorn extra rare drops so the price for both is nuts. Typical.

> >

>

> Right now all five cultivated plants (ascended resource) are at 20-30s on TP, varietal mint and peppercorn aren't rarer you just have to find the best route to get their seeds.

> About ascended food, i wish they could make them more "ascended" (following the ascended gear pattern in terms of attributes) to at least make the resources more valuable, it really makes me sad how cheap they are on market. :'(

Varietal Cilantro and Sesame are around 20s each. Varietal Clove is about 9s. However, Peppercorn and Mint are selling for over 60s....so, yes, they are more uncommon.

> > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > I agree. And they, of course, made Varietal Mint and Peppercorn extra rare drops so the price for both is nuts. Typical.

> > >

> >

> > Right now all five cultivated plants (ascended resource) are at 20-30s on TP, varietal mint and peppercorn aren't rarer you just have to find the best route to get their seeds.

> > About ascended food, i wish they could make them more "ascended" (following the ascended gear pattern in terms of attributes) to at least make the resources more valuable, it really makes me sad how cheap they are on market. :'(

>

> Varietal Cilantro and Sesame are around 20s each. Varietal Clove is about 9s. However, Peppercorn and Mint are selling for over 60s....so, yes, they are more uncommon.

I doubt they are less common, but they most likely are less commonly harvested. A lot of people seem to harvest in Mount Maelstrom where there are areas with plenty of herb nodes closer together than in most other places, and some of these put out clove seeds in batches of 3 or 4 per herb, where other herbs only give one seed per harvest. A combination of an easily harvestable area (there's another one in Sandswept Isles, but that only puts out cilantro and sesame) with possibly bugged output quickly leads to an abundance of specific types of seeds over others.

Peppercorn on the other hand can only be gathered in lower level areas, none of which have as much of an "in your face" herb area as the two mentioned above, so it's just natural that not as many people go to harvest there, at least until a few of the better routes/areas are made common knowledge to be picked up by players that can't be bothered to explore for themselves.

> > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > I agree. And they, of course, made Varietal Mint and Peppercorn extra rare drops so the price for both is nuts. Typical.

> > >

> >

> > Right now all five cultivated plants (ascended resource) are at 20-30s on TP, varietal mint and peppercorn aren't rarer you just have to find the best route to get their seeds.

> > About ascended food, i wish they could make them more "ascended" (following the ascended gear pattern in terms of attributes) to at least make the resources more valuable, it really makes me sad how cheap they are on market. :'(

>

> Varietal Cilantro and Sesame are around 20s each. Varietal Clove is about 9s. However, Peppercorn and Mint are selling for over 60s....so, yes, they are more uncommon.

>

>

>

Actually, Hynax, you are probably right. Just investigated myself.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > > > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > > I agree. And they, of course, made Varietal Mint and Peppercorn extra rare drops so the price for both is nuts. Typical.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Right now all five cultivated plants (ascended resource) are at 20-30s on TP, varietal mint and peppercorn aren't rarer you just have to find the best route to get their seeds.

> > > About ascended food, i wish they could make them more "ascended" (following the ascended gear pattern in terms of attributes) to at least make the resources more valuable, it really makes me sad how cheap they are on market. :'(

> >

> > Varietal Cilantro and Sesame are around 20s each. Varietal Clove is about 9s. However, Peppercorn and Mint are selling for over 60s....so, yes, they are more uncommon.

> I doubt they are less common, but they most likely are less commonly harvested. A lot of people seem to harvest in Mount Maelstrom where there are areas with plenty of herb nodes closer together than in most other places, and some of these put out clove seeds in batches of 3 or 4 per herb, where other herbs only give one seed per harvest. A combination of an easily harvestable area (there's another one in Sandswept Isles, but that only puts out cilantro and sesame) with possibly bugged output quickly leads to an abundance of specific types of seeds over others.

>

> Peppercorn on the other hand can only be gathered in lower level areas, none of which have as much of an "in your face" herb area as the two mentioned above, so it's just natural that not as many people go to harvest there, at least until a few of the better routes/areas are made common knowledge to be picked up by players that can't be bothered to explore for themselves.

Yup. I take that back. It's like Seasoned Wood and such. Mid-range level areas that no one stays at after they get to level 80.

> > @"Hynax.9536" said:

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

Varietal seeds price are unstable right now cus specific routes to collect them aren't very well spread yet and there must be players stocking lots of them as they are new resources with no fixed price, but if you look on reddit and some other topics in the forum you will see players talking about their routes to collect lots of a specific seed. When i started searching for seeds i also believed that peppercorn was rarer than the rest, then other players showed me some routes in Ascalon to collect them and in no time i had a storage full of them. For the other seeds, the verdant herbs in Lake Doric were giving a lot, just not peppercorn (reason why i believed it was rarer).