Fixed an issue that allowed ascended herb nodes to be gathered by players who were not instance owne

Vova.2640

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > @"daggerdale.9043" said:

> > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > @"daggerdale.9043" said:

> > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > > > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> > > > >

> > > > > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

> > > >

> > > > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day.

> > > That's not the point. The point is, as long as you gather in a friend (or alt account) instance, your own herbs would still be there the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that ... so you could harvest them indefinitely without the need to replant. Invite your own guild to harvest daily, and you will generate a near unlimited supply from only one set of seeds.

> >

> > no i tested that. i planted herps, gatterd them at a friends home and than they where gone in my home.

>

> That's different. It's not about your home instance, it's about your friend's where you were gathering from. He could just not gather his seeds and let the entire guild farm it. As long as he didn't gather them himself, he would never have to replant ever. Infinite uses from one seed.

They could have just made it that once the nodes are farmed by anyone during the first entering, then they are unfarmable after exiting, resulting in the home owner needing to farm on their first entry or miss out for the day.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"daggerdale.9043" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> >

> > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

>

> you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day. and compared to other food it isnt super cheap. you start with 20 meals you need to decraft, than you need the seed, than you to cook it again with other stuff which isnt for free.

> but the biggest problem is the real money paywall you have now. you are bound to 4h of buffs a day if you dont spend $. and when you dont have time to make youre garden every day you can forget ascended cooking.

>

Old system:

- plant seeds in 1 instance

- don't gather those seed with instance owner

- profit

> and i bet you will see soon that people will be kicked out of raids when they dont have the time to farm theyr pepper/mint at home.

>

Why would they? Ascended food is not enough of an upgrade performance wise to warrant such discrimination.

> @"Roamer.3259" said:

> > @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > > @"daggerdale.9043" said:

> > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > @"daggerdale.9043" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > > > > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

> > > > >

> > > > > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day.

> > > > That's not the point. The point is, as long as you gather in a friend (or alt account) instance, your own herbs would still be there the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that ... so you could harvest them indefinitely without the need to replant. Invite your own guild to harvest daily, and you will generate a near unlimited supply from only one set of seeds.

> > >

> > > no i tested that. i planted herps, gatterd them at a friends home and than they where gone in my home.

> >

> > That's different. It's not about your home instance, it's about your friend's where you were gathering from. He could just not gather his seeds and let the entire guild farm it. As long as he didn't gather them himself, he would never have to replant ever. Infinite uses from one seed.

>

> They could have just made it that once the nodes are farmed by anyone during the first entering, then they are unfarmable after exiting, resulting in the home owner needing to farm on their first entry or miss out for the day.

Yeah, net result of this change:

- a flood of complaints that people can't gather their own seeds due to disconnects, forgetting or other issues

- still not a solution to getting up to 5 times the value per plant with 4 alt accounts joining in

- a way more convoluted system

I dislike the change currently, but I don't see many of the alternatives if ascended food is not supposed to get copper ware.

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> >

> > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

>

> you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day. and compared to other food it isnt super cheap. you start with 20 meals you need to decraft, than you need the seed, than you to cook it again with other stuff which isnt for free.

> but the biggest problem is the real money paywall you have now. you are bound to 4h of buffs a day if you dont spend $. and when you dont have time to make youre garden every day you can forget ascended cooking.

>

> and i bet you will see soon that people will be kicked out of raids when they dont have the time to farm theyr pepper/mint at home.

>

>

> dont get me wrong, i dont say you should have ascended food for 1 cooper. but locking it behind a paywall is BAD. cooking was all the time just a mess. and this "fix" made it worse.

>

How do they not have time to farm their own instance.. they appear to have time to farm yours each day.. what is the difference.. I think your hiding the real issue here, you or your friends don't want to spend on the garden plot, but want to maximise their profits from the plot they can farm. It is no surprise we were seeing many players advertising for plot farming and some were evening charging for it.

Only one of your group of friends needs to actually cook the food to be able to then share the food around for buffs, so your raid kick thought is also unlikely.

If your wanting to put an argument out for the change at least be honest about the reasoning behind it... you/your friends don't want to buy the plots and they all want to farm the seeds for profit, that is the crux of it.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> > >

> > > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

> >

> > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day. and compared to other food it isnt super cheap. you start with 20 meals you need to decraft, than you need the seed, than you to cook it again with other stuff which isnt for free.

> > but the biggest problem is the real money paywall you have now. you are bound to 4h of buffs a day if you dont spend $. and when you dont have time to make youre garden every day you can forget ascended cooking.

> >

> > and i bet you will see soon that people will be kicked out of raids when they dont have the time to farm theyr pepper/mint at home.

> >

> >

> > dont get me wrong, i dont say you should have ascended food for 1 cooper. but locking it behind a paywall is BAD. cooking was all the time just a mess. and this "fix" made it worse.

> >

>

> How do they not have time to farm their own instance.. they appear to have time to farm yours each day.. what is the difference.. I think your hiding the real issue here, you or your friends don't want to spend on the garden plot, but want to maximise their profits from the plot they can farm. It is no surprise we were seeing many players advertising for plot farming and some were evening charging for it.

> Only one of your group of friends needs to actually cook the food to be able to then share the food around for buffs, so your raid kick thought is also unlikely.

> If your wanting to put an argument out for the change at least be honest about the reasoning behind it... you/your friends don't want to buy the plots and they all want to farm the seeds for profit, that is the crux of it.

That brings the question as to why didn't they just make the resources farmed account bound to begin with? Almost every single ascended level item in the game is account locked, why not just lock the mats to the account.

Why punish everyone because some people were exploiting for profit gain.

> @"Roamer.3259" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> > > >

> > > > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

> > >

> > > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day. and compared to other food it isnt super cheap. you start with 20 meals you need to decraft, than you need the seed, than you to cook it again with other stuff which isnt for free.

> > > but the biggest problem is the real money paywall you have now. you are bound to 4h of buffs a day if you dont spend $. and when you dont have time to make youre garden every day you can forget ascended cooking.

> > >

> > > and i bet you will see soon that people will be kicked out of raids when they dont have the time to farm theyr pepper/mint at home.

> > >

> > >

> > > dont get me wrong, i dont say you should have ascended food for 1 cooper. but locking it behind a paywall is BAD. cooking was all the time just a mess. and this "fix" made it worse.

> > >

> >

> > How do they not have time to farm their own instance.. they appear to have time to farm yours each day.. what is the difference.. I think your hiding the real issue here, you or your friends don't want to spend on the garden plot, but want to maximise their profits from the plot they can farm. It is no surprise we were seeing many players advertising for plot farming and some were evening charging for it.

> > Only one of your group of friends needs to actually cook the food to be able to then share the food around for buffs, so your raid kick thought is also unlikely.

> > If your wanting to put an argument out for the change at least be honest about the reasoning behind it... you/your friends don't want to buy the plots and they all want to farm the seeds for profit, that is the crux of it.

>

> That brings the question as to why didn't they just make the resources farmed account bound to begin with? Almost every single ascended level item in the game is account locked, why not just lock the mats to the account.

>

> Why punish everyone because some people were exploiting for profit gain.

That is a good question and something I too thought a little offbeat when seeing it was possible to farm and sell ascended product.. perhaps it was an oversight and this was the quick fix - only ANET can answer that though I guess.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Roamer.3259" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> > > > >

> > > > > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

> > > >

> > > > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day. and compared to other food it isnt super cheap. you start with 20 meals you need to decraft, than you need the seed, than you to cook it again with other stuff which isnt for free.

> > > > but the biggest problem is the real money paywall you have now. you are bound to 4h of buffs a day if you dont spend $. and when you dont have time to make youre garden every day you can forget ascended cooking.

> > > >

> > > > and i bet you will see soon that people will be kicked out of raids when they dont have the time to farm theyr pepper/mint at home.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > dont get me wrong, i dont say you should have ascended food for 1 cooper. but locking it behind a paywall is BAD. cooking was all the time just a mess. and this "fix" made it worse.

> > > >

> > >

> > > How do they not have time to farm their own instance.. they appear to have time to farm yours each day.. what is the difference.. I think your hiding the real issue here, you or your friends don't want to spend on the garden plot, but want to maximise their profits from the plot they can farm. It is no surprise we were seeing many players advertising for plot farming and some were evening charging for it.

> > > Only one of your group of friends needs to actually cook the food to be able to then share the food around for buffs, so your raid kick thought is also unlikely.

> > > If your wanting to put an argument out for the change at least be honest about the reasoning behind it... you/your friends don't want to buy the plots and they all want to farm the seeds for profit, that is the crux of it.

> >

> > That brings the question as to why didn't they just make the resources farmed account bound to begin with? Almost every single ascended level item in the game is account locked, why not just lock the mats to the account.

> >

> > Why punish everyone because some people were exploiting for profit gain.

>

> That is a good question and something I too thought a little offbeat when seeing it was possible to farm and sell ascended product.. perhaps it was an oversight and this was the quick fix - only ANET can answer that though I guess.

Well I'll be honest, I didn't noticed they were sellable until a few days after I started farming them lol, me and partner planned on using them as intended for asc foods for our guild as we are both guild leaders, and just have one of focus on making food for the raiders, and the other making food for the wvwers.

But I guess unless ANET makes it account bound instead, I will need to either buy the seeds, bring out the credit card and buy the 2 extra plots when they are available (or convert 900g+), or suck it up to just netting 4 a day or not bother cooking the food at all and just have 1 guildie do all of it.

My **WvW** guildies were helping each other

to farm the nodes

and guild chefs were making lots of food

and **different types** of food for **specific needs**.

You often have to jump to a different border

and food needs to be **dropped often**

because it **despawns too fast** when it's placed.

A lot of people aren't interested in that farming and getting seeds

It's not even a gemstore material...

Ok, if you nerfed nodes gathering

at least **give us 3 harvests from each node**

or **increase the duration for food to stay up in the world**

please!

> @"Roamer.3259" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> > > >

> > > > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

> > >

> > > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day. and compared to other food it isnt super cheap. you start with 20 meals you need to decraft, than you need the seed, than you to cook it again with other stuff which isnt for free.

> > > but the biggest problem is the real money paywall you have now. you are bound to 4h of buffs a day if you dont spend $. and when you dont have time to make youre garden every day you can forget ascended cooking.

> > >

> > > and i bet you will see soon that people will be kicked out of raids when they dont have the time to farm theyr pepper/mint at home.

> > >

> > >

> > > dont get me wrong, i dont say you should have ascended food for 1 cooper. but locking it behind a paywall is BAD. cooking was all the time just a mess. and this "fix" made it worse.

> > >

> >

> > How do they not have time to farm their own instance.. they appear to have time to farm yours each day.. what is the difference.. I think your hiding the real issue here, you or your friends don't want to spend on the garden plot, but want to maximise their profits from the plot they can farm. It is no surprise we were seeing many players advertising for plot farming and some were evening charging for it.

> > Only one of your group of friends needs to actually cook the food to be able to then share the food around for buffs, so your raid kick thought is also unlikely.

> > If your wanting to put an argument out for the change at least be honest about the reasoning behind it... you/your friends don't want to buy the plots and they all want to farm the seeds for profit, that is the crux of it.

>

> That brings the question as to why didn't they just make the resources farmed account bound to begin with? Almost every single ascended level item in the game is account locked, why not just lock the mats to the account.

>

> Why punish everyone because some people were exploiting for profit gain.

I honestly think making seeds and herbs tradeable is meant to be a positive for the playerbase, and personally I do see it as such. The final feast is account-bound, but a guild or raid group can contribute to their chef by supplying seeds and/or herbs.

Those chefs that have no use for ascended food can also use their garden plot (they do get one simply for finishing the ascended cooking collection after all) to grow herbs to sell, giving it some value even for those that don't want to buy another one from the gemstore (as the collection to unlock non-ascended seeds seems to be tied to the gemstore-purchased plots).

Personally I see seeds and herbs on the same level as deldrimor steel or spiritwood planks. The base materials (mithril, elder wood, herb seeds) is unlimited and tradeable, then there's a step that's daily gated and account bound (mithrilium, ascended herbs), which leads to an intermediate ingredient that's tradeable again (ascended ingots/planks/herbs) that again is needed to craft the final, account-bound product, be it ascended sword or ascended feast.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Roamer.3259" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day. and compared to other food it isnt super cheap. you start with 20 meals you need to decraft, than you need the seed, than you to cook it again with other stuff which isnt for free.

> > > > but the biggest problem is the real money paywall you have now. you are bound to 4h of buffs a day if you dont spend $. and when you dont have time to make youre garden every day you can forget ascended cooking.

> > > >

> > > > and i bet you will see soon that people will be kicked out of raids when they dont have the time to farm theyr pepper/mint at home.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > dont get me wrong, i dont say you should have ascended food for 1 cooper. but locking it behind a paywall is BAD. cooking was all the time just a mess. and this "fix" made it worse.

> > > >

> > >

> > > How do they not have time to farm their own instance.. they appear to have time to farm yours each day.. what is the difference.. I think your hiding the real issue here, you or your friends don't want to spend on the garden plot, but want to maximise their profits from the plot they can farm. It is no surprise we were seeing many players advertising for plot farming and some were evening charging for it.

> > > Only one of your group of friends needs to actually cook the food to be able to then share the food around for buffs, so your raid kick thought is also unlikely.

> > > If your wanting to put an argument out for the change at least be honest about the reasoning behind it... you/your friends don't want to buy the plots and they all want to farm the seeds for profit, that is the crux of it.

> >

> > That brings the question as to why didn't they just make the resources farmed account bound to begin with? Almost every single ascended level item in the game is account locked, why not just lock the mats to the account.

> >

> I honestly think making seeds and herbs tradeable is meant to be a positive for the playerbase, and personally I do see it as such. The final feast is account-bound, but a guild or raid group can contribute to their chef by supplying seeds and/or herbs.

>

> Those chefs that have no use for ascended food can also use their garden plot (they do get one simply for finishing the ascended cooking collection after all) to grow herbs to sell, giving it some value even for those that don't want to buy another one from the gemstore (as the collection to unlock non-ascended seeds seems to be tied to the gemstore-purchased plots).

>

> Personally I see seeds and herbs on the same level as deldrimor steel or spiritwood planks. The base materials (mithril, elder wood, herb seeds) is unlimited and tradeable, then there's a step that's daily gated and account bound (mithrilium, ascended herbs), which leads to an intermediate ingredient that's tradeable again (ascended ingots/planks/herbs) that again is needed to craft the final, account-bound product, be it ascended sword or ascended feast.

Yeah this is the only conclusion I could fathom on the way it was implemented and yes the deldimor, elonian leather etc comparison is absolutely key and of course the ability to make those is limited by the bound ascended item in the recipe.. so limiting seeds for crafting / sale each day by an individual (without the TP) I guess runs on a par of sorts.

> @"Mantrix.8329" said:

> My **WvW** guildies were helping each other

> to farm the nodes

> and guild chefs were making lots of food

> and **different types** of food for **specific needs**.

>

> You often have to jump to a different border

> and food needs to be **dropped often**

> because it **despawns too fast** when it's placed.

>

> A lot of people aren't interested in that farming and getting seeds

> It's not even a gemstore material...

>

> Ok, if you nerfed nodes gathering

> at least **give us 3 harvests from each node**

> or **increase the duration for food to stay up in the world**

> please!

Well, you can get variental seeds from WvW:

1: Get skyscale hatchling mining tool from the gemstore

2: Put Glyph of alchemy into your farming tool

3: Get varietal seeds out of Synthesizer(it seems like you don't get pepperseed but you get tons of the other ones)

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Roamer.3259" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> I honestly think making seeds and herbs tradeable is meant to be a positive for the playerbase, and personally I do see it as such. The final feast is account-bound, but a guild or raid group can contribute to their chef by supplying seeds and/or herbs.

>

> Those chefs that have no use for ascended food can also use their garden plot (they do get one simply for finishing the ascended cooking collection after all) to grow herbs to sell, giving it some value even for those that don't want to buy another one from the gemstore (as the collection to unlock non-ascended seeds seems to be tied to the gemstore-purchased plots).

>

> Personally I see seeds and herbs on the same level as deldrimor steel or spiritwood planks. The base materials (mithril, elder wood, herb seeds) is unlimited and tradeable, then there's a step that's daily gated and account bound (mithrilium, ascended herbs), which leads to an intermediate ingredient that's tradeable again (ascended ingots/planks/herbs) that again is needed to craft the final, account-bound product, be it ascended sword or ascended feast.

The thing is thou it's backwards with the cooking, the seeds which are timegated in the sense you can only farm a x amount a day, but are buyable/sellable.

Where as the lumps and spools are not, so while still timegated, you can't buy home instance nodes that offer you more lumps and spools like you can with the seeds. Not to mention the asc material you make at the end is also backwards. Deld steel, spirit wood, etc... are buyable/sellable but the asc food is not, it's account bound.

Either they oversighted something with this patch to get a quick fix, or they should have made the asc mats you farm cap at 12 a day, and only farmable upon first entry so you can't cheese up a bunch and are also account bound, but the trade off is the food is able to bought/traded instead, or worst case the food stays as is and is account bound but at least 4 other guild mates, friends, etc... can still benefit as always from the people who have all 3 plots.

As I mentioned before, why punish everyone for the actions of a few.

> @"CeNedro.7560" said:

> > @"Mantrix.8329" said:

> > My **WvW** guildies were helping each other

> > to farm the nodes

> > and guild chefs were making lots of food

> > and **different types** of food for **specific needs**.

> >

> > You often have to jump to a different border

> > and food needs to be **dropped often**

> > because it **despawns too fast** when it's placed.

> >

> > A lot of people aren't interested in that farming and getting seeds

> > It's not even a gemstore material...

> >

> > Ok, if you nerfed nodes gathering

> > at least **give us 3 harvests from each node**

> > or **increase the duration for food to stay up in the world**

> > please!

>

> Well, you can get variental seeds from WvW:

> 1: Get skyscale hatchling mining tool from the gemstore

> 2: Put Glyph of alchemy into your farming tool

> 3: Get varietal seeds out of Synthesizer(it seems like you don't get pepperseed but you get tons of the other ones)

I'm talking about ascended cultivated harvests, not seeds.

> @"Roamer.3259" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Roamer.3259" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"daggerdale.9043" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > > > > > This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it _was_ unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

> > > > >

> > > > > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day. and compared to other food it isnt super cheap. you start with 20 meals you need to decraft, than you need the seed, than you to cook it again with other stuff which isnt for free.

> > > > > but the biggest problem is the real money paywall you have now. you are bound to 4h of buffs a day if you dont spend $. and when you dont have time to make youre garden every day you can forget ascended cooking.

> > > > >

> > > > > and i bet you will see soon that people will be kicked out of raids when they dont have the time to farm theyr pepper/mint at home.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > dont get me wrong, i dont say you should have ascended food for 1 cooper. but locking it behind a paywall is BAD. cooking was all the time just a mess. and this "fix" made it worse.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > How do they not have time to farm their own instance.. they appear to have time to farm yours each day.. what is the difference.. I think your hiding the real issue here, you or your friends don't want to spend on the garden plot, but want to maximise their profits from the plot they can farm. It is no surprise we were seeing many players advertising for plot farming and some were evening charging for it.

> > > > Only one of your group of friends needs to actually cook the food to be able to then share the food around for buffs, so your raid kick thought is also unlikely.

> > > > If your wanting to put an argument out for the change at least be honest about the reasoning behind it... you/your friends don't want to buy the plots and they all want to farm the seeds for profit, that is the crux of it.

> > >

> > > That brings the question as to why didn't they just make the resources farmed account bound to begin with? Almost every single ascended level item in the game is account locked, why not just lock the mats to the account.

> > >

> > > Why punish everyone because some people were exploiting for profit gain.

> > I honestly think making seeds and herbs tradeable is meant to be a positive for the playerbase, and personally I do see it as such. The final feast is account-bound, but a guild or raid group can contribute to their chef by supplying seeds and/or herbs.

> >

> > Those chefs that have no use for ascended food can also use their garden plot (they do get one simply for finishing the ascended cooking collection after all) to grow herbs to sell, giving it some value even for those that don't want to buy another one from the gemstore (as the collection to unlock non-ascended seeds seems to be tied to the gemstore-purchased plots).

> >

> > Personally I see seeds and herbs on the same level as deldrimor steel or spiritwood planks. The base materials (mithril, elder wood, herb seeds) is unlimited and tradeable, then there's a step that's daily gated and account bound (mithrilium, ascended herbs), which leads to an intermediate ingredient that's tradeable again (ascended ingots/planks/herbs) that again is needed to craft the final, account-bound product, be it ascended sword or ascended feast.

>

> The thing is thou it's backwards with the cooking, the seeds which are timegated in the sense you can only farm a x amount a day, but are buyable/sellable.

> Where as the lumps and spools are not, so while still timegated, you can't buy home instance nodes that offer you more lumps and spools like you can with the seeds. Not to mention the asc material you make at the end is also backwards. Deld steel, spirit wood, etc... are buyable/sellable but the asc food is not, it's account bound.

>

> Either they oversighted something with this patch to get a quick fix, or they should have made the asc mats you farm cap at 12 a day, and only farmable upon first entry so you can't cheese up a bunch and are also account bound, but the trade off is the food is able to bought/traded instead, or worst case the food stays as is and is account bound but at least 4 other guild mates, friends, etc... can still benefit as always from the people who have all 3 plots.

>

> As I mentioned before, why punish everyone for the actions of a few.

Seeds are the equipvalent of t5 materials needed to craft the timegated materials. The garden plot planting/seed pouches are the equivalent to lumps and spools, the ascended herbs are the equivalent to ingots and planks, and the feast is the equivalent to weapon or armor. If you look at it that way, it's a pretty good analogy, especially considering the differences in the underlying crafting process.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day.

> > > That's not the point. The point is, as long as you gather in a friend (or alt account) instance, your own herbs would still be there the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that ... so you could harvest them indefinitely without the need to replant. Invite your own guild to harvest daily, and you will generate a near unlimited supply from only one set of seeds.

> >

> > no i tested that. i planted herps, gatterd them at a friends home and than they where gone in my home.

>

> That's different. It's not about your home instance, it's about your friend's where you were gathering from. He could just not gather his seeds and let the entire guild farm it. **As long as he didn't gather them himself, he would never have to replant ever. Infinite uses from one seed.**

Players with multiple accounts could do this for themselves. Don't gather on their main accounts and their alts could farm every day without every having to replant them. It's obvious that replanting the seeds every day was intended and players were bypassing this game design. Either with their own accounts or having friends or guild members gather for them.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> As for the fix, I do find it unfortunate, but I can understand why they did it. Players were planting one set of ascended seeds, then just harvesting them indefinitely without replanting. If that isn't an exploit then I don't know what is.

But it is exactly the need to constantly replant over and over again that makes the level 500 cooking worthless to me.

> Will I miss sharing my garden plots with friends? I sure will. But it was too good to be true, and it's just fair for all that everyone has to replant their own herbs, instead of those with a partner (or worse a second account they could work with) getting ascended herbs for free while the less fortunate/well connected had to gather or buy new seeds each day.

Indeed, that wasn't fair, but they "fixed" the wrong part of that equation.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > Will I miss sharing my garden plots with friends? I sure will. But it was too good to be true, and it's just fair for all that everyone has to replant their own herbs, instead of those with a partner (or worse a second account they could work with) getting ascended herbs for free while the less fortunate/well connected had to gather or buy new seeds each day.

> Indeed, that wasn't fair, but they "fixed" the wrong part of that equation.

So how would you have fixed it to ensure the "1 seed -> 1 harvest" result, or what other suggestion do you have to keep ascended herb aquisition chances roughly equal for everybody (and thus have them stay valuable)?

> @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

The fix only applies to the Ascended food ingredient seeds, not your regular seeds you plant in the Garden plot, so nothing else was changed. It seems most people have a hard time comprehending this little fact, it only applies to the Ascended food seeds, not everything else, which makes sense because you can already share the fruits of your creations with all your fiends since they make Feasts.

Besides the fact it fits in with the other Ascended materials, which you can only produce once per day.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Will I miss sharing my garden plots with friends? I sure will. But it was too good to be true, and it's just fair for all that everyone has to replant their own herbs, instead of those with a partner (or worse a second account they could work with) getting ascended herbs for free while the less fortunate/well connected had to gather or buy new seeds each day.

> > Indeed, that wasn't fair, but they "fixed" the wrong part of that equation.

> So how would you have fixed it to ensure the "1 seed -> 1 harvest" result, or what other suggestion do you have to keep ascended herb aquisition chances roughly equal for everybody (and thus have them stay valuable)?

As i sais, it's the "1 seed - 1 harvest" approach that is a problem, not the node sharing.

why so panic? Don't see any problem

1) first and main - the ascend food and common top food main stats is ABSOLUTELY same. So for other people, for example in raid, there no any difference that food you use, ascend or top. Changes only wwexp magic ming and exp ... So this is only food eater small problem. But who are about 10% exp ?

2) I don't cultivate any home nodes, and not use it at all. And from this year was only to start cooking upgrade. Feel good. So worries about 1x or 3x nodes is strange.

3)ok, we have some additional ascend nodes? Want - buy it, not want - not buy.

4)Is I use anc food? Yes, on wvw comm before run place it for us. Whiteout any hype. If comm not have take from bag any cupper mf+exp kill food and don't feel any big pressure.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > Will I miss sharing my garden plots with friends? I sure will. But it was too good to be true, and it's just fair for all that everyone has to replant their own herbs, instead of those with a partner (or worse a second account they could work with) getting ascended herbs for free while the less fortunate/well connected had to gather or buy new seeds each day.

> > > Indeed, that wasn't fair, but they "fixed" the wrong part of that equation.

> > So how would you have fixed it to ensure the "1 seed -> 1 harvest" result, or what other suggestion do you have to keep ascended herb aquisition chances roughly equal for everybody (and thus have them stay valuable)?

> As i sais, it's the "1 seed - 1 harvest" approach that is a problem, not the node sharing.

So you want to eliminate the seed gathering and processing part and make it a one-time unlock/collection like the regular seeds for the gemstore-bought plots? Thanks for clarifying.

So, a 'fix' for this was needed, the price of ascended seeds was tanking hard. I think they chose the worst fix they could have done for this though. What they should have done was still allow other players to mine your nodes but have the plant reset each day. The part that was really exploiting was the ability to not farm your nodes and have it carry over to the next day. Allowing other players to farm your nodes has been around since gardening came in and it doesn't make since to not allow friends to mine your garden. If they had just made replanting daily necessary even if you didn't farm your node it would have been a nice middle ground. As usual though, Anet landed on the Over Nerf that punishes group cooperation.

Honestly, with this 'fix' my group probably will go back to normal food. It cost way to much time and effort for what is honestly not that much gain. We'll probably use what we were able to farm and then be done with it. As a side note. If they didn't want these to be like this why did they make them able to be traded. They could have kept it the way it was and made cultivated seeds account bound. As it is now i think people will probably sell off their stock and then call it a day on ascended foods. It's way to expensive and time consuming now to get these seeds and not worth the effort.