[BUG] Movement Continues!?!?

I will start this by saying i have removed the auto run button from "R" so i KNOW its not this. With that being said. Some times, happens every day but cant seem to make it do it all the time. It seems very random but if i am in combat or just out of combat i will continue to move forward even after taking my fingers off the keyboard and mouse. I have new Keyboard and mouse so i know they are not at fault. Has anyone else experienced this? As i have said, i removed the auto run from "R" in case i was some how accidentally pressing but but it is still happening. Not sure where else it happens but this is happening in WvW, the only mode i play. So i cant say if i would have this same issue in PvP or PvE

An example: I was just attacking an NPC my fingers werent even on the keyboard - i have a Naga Mouse so using attacks via the mouse, after the guard died. My character without me pressing ANY movement buttons started to move forward. He wouldnt stop moving until i pressed a movement button.

Another example: I was fighting a Weaver Elementalist, during the fight several times my character would just start going in the direction the camara was facing, even when, im telling the character to a different way, so it just kinda ended up going in the middle way until i took my fingers off the movement buttons and then put them back down again.

Not sure if its connected to the same problem but Lightening Reflexes Ranger skill, even though its meant to evade you BACK quite a few times now it has made me evade forward. Again, this seems to really only happen in combat

Not sure if its the cause or not and its hard to 100% confirm it, but quite a few times its happened, i have been in Beastmode?

> @Nokomis.5076 said:

> When you press the first and the second mousebutton at the same time your character will also walk into the direction it faces.

>

> Maybe something like that happens?

No, as it continues to move forward even when i have no fingers on the mouse or keyboard. As i said i have removed the "R" button from being auto run and my fingers go nowhere near numblock (the other auto run button) If it was due to pressing Right Mouse and left mouse it would stop the moment i left go of one or both of them.

For example: at times ill be trying to move forward with my camera facing a slightly different way that i am going and when the movement bug/issue happens it will be like the character is trying to fight against going the direction that im trying to move myself and the direction the camera is facing

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> I will start this by saying i have removed the auto run button from "R" so i KNOW its not this. With that being said. Some times, happens every day but cant seem to make it do it all the time. It seems very random but if i am in combat or just out of combat i will continue to move forward even after taking my fingers off the keyboard and mouse. I have new Keyboard and mouse so i know they are not at fault. Has anyone else experienced this? As i have said, i removed the auto run from "R" in case i was some how accidentally pressing but but it is still happening. Not sure where else it happens but this is happening in WvW, the only mode i play. So i cant say if i would have this same issue in PvP or PvE

>

> An example: I was just attacking an NPC my fingers werent even on the keyboard - i have a Naga Mouse so using attacks via the mouse, after the guard died. My character without me pressing ANY movement buttons started to move forward. He wouldnt stop moving until i pressed a movement button.

>

> Another example: I was fighting a Weaver Elementalist, during the fight several times my character would just start going in the direction the camara was facing, even when, im telling the character to a different way, so it just kinda ended up going in the middle way until i took my fingers off the movement buttons and then put them back down again.

>

> Not sure if its connected to the same problem but Lightening Reflexes Ranger skill, even though its meant to evade you BACK quite a few times now it has made me evade forward. Again, this seems to really only happen in combat

>

> Not sure if its the cause or not and its hard to 100% confirm it, but quite a few times its happened, i have been in Beastmode?

A couple quick questions I too use a Naga and the Deathadder keyboard. There have been some serious glitch interaction with the game. For instance when I first mount up any direction other than w or s my mount will straff, if I want to turn in place if first have to press w and then can turn normal with a and d. Also another issue that has popped up is the Skimmer must do a 360 or greater turn to the left every now and then, if I ignore it every time I jump it turns automatically to the left.

So my first question is do you keep your synapse up to date?

And second question, have you made sure your graphics card is up to date with latest driver?

The problems I mentioned are still happening and I'm not completely sure why. It could be a compatibility issue with game client and synapse. If you find any good fixes let me know.

> @"Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921" said:

> A couple quick questions I too use a Naga and the Deathadder keyboard. There have been some serious glitch interaction with the game. For instance when I first mount up any direction other than w or s my mount will straff, if I want to turn in place if first have to press w and then can turn normal with a and d. Also another issue that has popped up is the Skimmer must do a 360 or greater turn to the left every now and then, if I ignore it every time I jump it turns automatically to the left.

>

> So my first question is do you keep your synapse up to date?

> And second question, have you made sure your graphics card is up to date with latest driver?

>

> The problems I mentioned are still happening and I'm not completely sure why. It could be a compatibility issue with game client and synapse. If you find any good fixes let me know.

Which Naga do you use? I had ZERO problems with the 2012 Edition of the Naga, but i upgraded to the Chroma Naga and now use Synapse and the issues have started. The problem is, i am not sure if i have had this issue with other characters or if its related only to Ranger and dont really want to play another character for a day or 2 to find out which one it is lol

I believe Synapse is up to date and i have profiles designed specifically for just Guild Wars 2. My graphics card isnt updated but it should have zero affect on controls, i will update it just to be safe but i dont see how a graphics driver could have any affect on controls. My only other option is maybe to disable/uninstall Synapse and see if that itself fixes it.

Will let you know if i find anything

Is there keylogger program which can be used to record key presses? I want check what happens when I play. My game goes to Windows desktop too often. Can happen that email program or Windows help program will open. I would like to disable some keyboard shortcuts in Windows. I remember I have disabled one offensive shortcut, but now I cannot anymore find where I did the change. I already ripped off the physical Windows key, but still this may go to desktop. (Windows 8 here.)

> @Pelto.9364 said:

> Is there keylogger program which can be used to record key presses? I want check what happens when I play. My game goes to Windows desktop too often. Can happen that email program or Windows help program will open. I would like to disable some keyboard shortcuts in Windows. I remember I have disabled one offensive shortcut, but now I cannot anymore find where I did the change. I already ripped off the physical Windows key, but still this may go to desktop. (Windows 8 here.)

>

There is a way to disable the problem you're having. I've had to do it with 7,8, and 10. If that doesn't work the other option is to play in windows instead of fullscreen.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Chroma Naga and Keyboard, also have the headset. I wouldn't get rid of synapse since it's necessary for macros. I was just checking to see if it's up to date. I've had an update pretty much every couple weeks.

> ArmageddonAsh.6430

> Chroma Naga and Keyboard, also have the headset. I wouldn't get rid of synapse since it's necessary for macros. I was just checking to see if it's up to date. I've had an update pretty much every couple weeks.

So the same Mouse, i just use a standard keyboard, nothing special at all. Macros mean nothing to me. I dont have any. Not sure if it needs an update, i cant find anything in the synapse app saying that it needs an update, so i guess thats meaning that its updated?

> A couple quick questions I too use a Naga and the Deathadder keyboard. There have been some serious glitch interaction with the game. For instance when I first mount up any direction other than w or s my mount will straff, if I want to turn in place if first have to press w and then can turn normal with a and d. Also another issue that has popped up is the Skimmer must do a 360 or greater turn to the left every now and then, if I ignore it every time I jump it turns automatically to the left.

>

> So my first question is do you keep your synapse up to date?

> And second question, have you made sure your graphics card is up to date with latest driver?

>

> The problems I mentioned are still happening and I'm not completely sure why. It could be a compatibility issue with game client and synapse. If you find any good fixes let me know.

I might have figured it out! It seems that the scroll wheel has more functions than i thought. If you push the wheel to the left or right it acts as another buttons. Looking through the synapse application. I noticed that pushing it to the right acted as if pressing the numblock button - which of course pushes your character forward. I have disabled this button in the synapse application and will test it some more but i think, this might be the issue i was having with it "randomly" moving forward.

It could also be the same for what your problem is.

> I'm actually aware of the extra actions and have already disabled them through synapse. I'm happy you found the solution to your problem. ;)

Oh haha, well thats a shame it isnt the cause of your problems :(

Do you have another non-Razer mouse? Maybe you could try that one, remove Synapse and see if you still have the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is an issue with your PC and not with the game. To solve it, you need to spam the key of the direction in which your character is moving for a second or two.

I am not sure what is causing this behavior, it could be a driver issue or something else and usually only occurs with operating systems that have not been freshly installed in years, but it could be a hardware issue as well (you could try to swap the CMOS battery for a new one).