Those Rev Sword Animations

Shroud.4683

Am I the only one that's bothered by the way the rev uses sword on the main hand? I dont mind the stab, but Brutal Blade doesn't seem brutal enough, and Rift Slash just seems underwhelming. Warriors, Thieves and Mesmers have such awesome sword animations, but it the revs just seem odd. Can we change these animations to something else?

> @Redfeather.6401 said:

> I sometimes play staff just for better animations. I know sword does more power damage, but its animations look awkward and unexciting. True story on me sometimes avoiding weapons because of their animations. lol

You're not the only one. I've done this before too. I've got a power build set up for my rev, but I'm using a mace because those animations look much more satisfying.

And the thing is, I know this is a totally doable thing for ANET to do, they've changed animations before. In the case of the ranger, they changed the original kick in sword AA to that spinny sword thing because the animation lock was a huge problem for the rangers.

Old Ranger Sword AA:

On the other had, ANET has been known to change the animations because of immersion reasons. The human female stretch was removed because they'd do it in the middle of a cutscene and break immersion. (Source:

)

Removed Female Stretch Animation:

Changing the rev's sword AA is definitely something that would fall under changing an animation for immersion reasons.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well to be honest, its not just the sword animation. I totally agree that the AA chain just doesn´t feel right but it´s not the only one. The hammer AA´s look totally out of place as well.

You have this badass looking, powerful character that´s capable of turning himself into mist and summon a giant hammer out of the mist to crush everything.

And then he just wiggles his hammer to throw a spinning standard skinned hammer ? Pretty underwhelming and there really is a lot that could have been done here. If the thrown hammer would at least have the appearence of the hammer you are carrying, it wouldn´t be great but at least it would be bearable to watch.

> @"aaguilarce.1764" said:

> Warriors, Thieves, Mesmers and even Rangers have such awesome sword animations*

>

> But yeah the AA sword looks weird in humans, especially Brutal Blade and Rift Slash, it seems that I'm going to twist my back and hit me with the sword.

Charr master race. Stop playing female humans guys !

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> Anet got it right with **Ranger** sword auto update. But they totally missed the mark with Rev. Please anet, change it to the default warrior animation, ranger animation or a hybrid like holo sword. It literally puts me off playing sword rev.

As a Charr Revenant, **ABSOLUTELY NO**!!!! Ranger sword animation on a Charr is horrendous! I’d rather have the current Revenant sword animation than that sword flopping. Now, if they want to do the Holosmith’s photon forge auto, I’d be good with that.

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > Anet got it right with **Ranger** sword auto update. But they totally missed the mark with Rev. Please anet, change it to the default warrior animation, ranger animation or a hybrid like holo sword. It literally puts me off playing sword rev.

>

> As a Charr Revenant, **ABSOLUTELY NO**!!!! Ranger sword animation on a Charr is horrendous! I’d rather have the current Revenant sword animation than that sword flopping. Now, if they want to do the Holosmith’s photon forge auto, I’d be good with that.

edited. Meant for humans. No idea about charr as I don't play them. Human ranger is so fluid, whereas the revenant is just horribly clunky.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > Anet got it right with **Ranger** sword auto update. But they totally missed the mark with Rev. Please anet, change it to the default warrior animation, ranger animation or a hybrid like holo sword. It literally puts me off playing sword rev.

> >

> > As a Charr Revenant, **ABSOLUTELY NO**!!!! Ranger sword animation on a Charr is horrendous! I’d rather have the current Revenant sword animation than that sword flopping. Now, if they want to do the Holosmith’s photon forge auto, I’d be good with that.

>

> edited. Meant for humans. No idea about charr as I don't play them. Human ranger is so fluid, whereas the revenant is just horribly clunky.

Regardless, if they switch it over to the same ranger anim, Charr revs will suffer.

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > Anet got it right with **Ranger** sword auto update. But they totally missed the mark with Rev. Please anet, change it to the default warrior animation, ranger animation or a hybrid like holo sword. It literally puts me off playing sword rev.

> > >

> > > As a Charr Revenant, **ABSOLUTELY NO**!!!! Ranger sword animation on a Charr is horrendous! I’d rather have the current Revenant sword animation than that sword flopping. Now, if they want to do the Holosmith’s photon forge auto, I’d be good with that.

> >

> > edited. Meant for humans. No idea about charr as I don't play them. Human ranger is so fluid, whereas the revenant is just horribly clunky.

>

> Regardless, if they switch it over to the same ranger anim, Charr revs will suffer.

Also I find it funny that you ignored that I suggested warrior animation too and went straight for ranger.