Improving Stronghold

Crab Fear.1624

## WAIT!

**Before you read anything, just post your ideas of what you think could make stronghold better.**

(then compare it to mine and see if we agree)

This was what we meant about content.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/stronghold-the-battle-of-champions-dusk/?utm_source=newsletter_gw2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april-2015-pulse-promo_us_04092015

Okay, somethings need to be improved from my perspective

1. The Lord CAN NOT be solo-able. (secondary effects that make it impossible to extemely difficult with fewer players).

2. The game mode should be 8 v 8

3. The map, especially before the first gates should be larger.

4. Trebs should work at least like the do in Khylo.

5. The supply area should be a contest node, not a first come first cache.

6. The mist hero areas should be a node, and maybe they can open periodically.

7. The guards should be tougher, and no massive damage from the tengus. They could even be mini lords for all I care.

8. Max 2 of any profession in a game per team

9. Disallow certain amulets and runes

consider translating some of the mechanics or concepts from https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_versus_Guild

Maybe dying can incur a death penalty, and securing supply can morale boost some of it away.

If there are classes that are super dominant in this mode due to design, like perma stealthing, speed, better aoe. (they should be limited for this mode)

If you ignored my request, please go ahead and put your ideas in a post.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> ## WAIT!

>

> **Before you read anything, just post your ideas of what you think could make stronghold better.**

>

> (then compare it to mine and see if we agree)

>

> This was what we meant about content.

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/stronghold-the-battle-of-champions-dusk/?utm_source=newsletter_gw2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april-2015-pulse-promo_us_04092015

>

> Okay, somethings need to be improved from my perspective

>

>

> 1. The Lord CAN NOT be solo-able. (secondary effects that make it impossible to extemely difficult with fewer players).

> 2. The game mode should be 8 v 8

> 3. The map, especially before the first gates should be larger.

> 4. Trebs should work at least like the do in Khylo.

> 5. The supply area should be a contest node, not a first come first cache.

> 6. The mist hero areas should be a node, and maybe they can open periodically.

> 7. The guards should be tougher, and no massive damage from the tengus. They could even be mini lords for all I care.

> 8. Max 2 of any profession in a game per team

> 9. Disallow certain amulets and runes

>

> consider translating some of the mechanics or concepts from https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_versus_Guild

>

> Maybe dying can incur a death penalty, and securing supply can morale boost some of it away.

>

> If there are classes that are super dominant in this mode due to design, like perma stealthing, speed, better aoe. (they should be limited for this mode)

>

> If you ignored my request, please go ahead and put your ideas in a post.

>

>

>

>

This has my vote.

Before reading:

+ Make a tutorial

+ Summoned minions should be stronger

+ Supplies should be more important, supply area should be way bigger

+ ATs for Stronghold, meta comps and other stuff, followed closely by:

+ Metabattle creating a stronghold page.

After reading:

I guess we kind of agree. For 8v8, squads should be able to queue together since parties can have 5 people at most.

> @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> Stop right there dont ruin a great game mode. I know the masses are zombified by the lack of game modes and circlequest being the only ranked option. But there is no need to ruin stronghold. Make a new map with those changes and I'm game.

>

> Stronghold is fine and way better then circlequest already.

Odd.

Whenever I play it, the regulars are double necro and can wipe the new players in about 2 minutes total clear.

Nothing fine about that.

remove supplies, spawn a few bombers (they have to be tougher) every 20 sec. running supplies is garbage game play.

supply depot in middle is now a neutral capture point that heals all players 1k hp per sec, but doesn't tic for anyone if there are two opposing players occupying it at once (idk what to do with middle area, suggested to make it a waypoint in another thread, could make it into whatever).

nerf champs, jesus.

make the gate guards and lords room guards way stronger. add 2 more gate guards.

8v8 or 10v10.

killing players gives superspeed plus a stacking buff to bombers. if there are no more gates, bombers become archers.

make the treb respawn every minute, you have to rebuild it tho by running a repair kit from lords room.

you can pick up a bombers bomb if they die and use it one time.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> One of the problems I've noticed with stronghold is that a strong support class can basically ram a bunch of npcs through. The interaction between npcs and players needs to be modified in such a way that healing and damage against npcs are reduced, but npc damage to humans is increased.

that's good tho or else it would take forever to get the gates down.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > One of the problems I've noticed with stronghold is that a strong support class can basically ram a bunch of npcs through. The interaction between npcs and players needs to be modified in such a way that healing and damage against npcs are reduced, but npc damage to humans is increased.

>

> that's good tho or else it would take forever to get the gates down.

But that's the thing. Two support firebrands could easily just ram through the whole thing with almost no problems.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > One of the problems I've noticed with stronghold is that a strong support class can basically ram a bunch of npcs through. The interaction between npcs and players needs to be modified in such a way that healing and damage against npcs are reduced, but npc damage to humans is increased.

> >

> > that's good tho or else it would take forever to get the gates down.

>

> But that's the thing. Two support firebrands could easily just ram through the whole thing with almost no problems.

no... its hard to take a fb duo down but its certainly possible with quite a few class combos. takes a while but they eventually run out of cds.

maybe make the treb a balli that does half dmg to bombers/ archers?

edit

also its pretty easy to take down bombers.

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > One of the problems I've noticed with stronghold is that a strong support class can basically ram a bunch of npcs through. The interaction between npcs and players needs to be modified in such a way that healing and damage against npcs are reduced, but npc damage to humans is increased.

> > >

> > > that's good tho or else it would take forever to get the gates down.

> >

> > But that's the thing. Two support firebrands could easily just ram through the whole thing with almost no problems.

>

> no... its hard to take a fb duo down but its certainly possible with quite a few class combos. takes a while but they eventually run out of cds.

> maybe make the treb a balli that does half dmg to bombers/ archers?

>

> edit

> also its pretty easy to take down bombers.

Not when they have two support FBs sitting on them.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > One of the problems I've noticed with stronghold is that a strong support class can basically ram a bunch of npcs through. The interaction between npcs and players needs to be modified in such a way that healing and damage against npcs are reduced, but npc damage to humans is increased.

> > > >

> > > > that's good tho or else it would take forever to get the gates down.

> > >

> > > But that's the thing. Two support firebrands could easily just ram through the whole thing with almost no problems.

> >

> > no... its hard to take a fb duo down but its certainly possible with quite a few class combos. takes a while but they eventually run out of cds.

> > maybe make the treb a balli that does half dmg to bombers/ archers?

> >

> > edit

> > also its pretty easy to take down bombers.

>

> Not when they have two support FBs sitting on them.

dood. fb heals aren't even that good. they're not going to keep anything alive that doesn't have active defense.

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > One of the problems I've noticed with stronghold is that a strong support class can basically ram a bunch of npcs through. The interaction between npcs and players needs to be modified in such a way that healing and damage against npcs are reduced, but npc damage to humans is increased.

> > > > >

> > > > > that's good tho or else it would take forever to get the gates down.

> > > >

> > > > But that's the thing. Two support firebrands could easily just ram through the whole thing with almost no problems.

> > >

> > > no... its hard to take a fb duo down but its certainly possible with quite a few class combos. takes a while but they eventually run out of cds.

> > > maybe make the treb a balli that does half dmg to bombers/ archers?

> > >

> > > edit

> > > also its pretty easy to take down bombers.

> >

> > Not when they have two support FBs sitting on them.

>

> dood. fb heals aren't even that good. they're not going to keep anything alive that doesn't have active defense.

Agree to disagree on that one friend.