WvW reward system sucks!

ZeftheWicked.3076

> @VaaCrow.3076 said:

> > @ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

> > As an avid ranked spvp'er you can imagine what a trainwreck wvw rewards system is to me.

> >

> > * near 10,000 levels to get, yet experience is given in extremely small chunks

> > * defending your keep is **punished**! You get no good exp for successful defense, they get none for failed attack!

> > * decay system is too punishing if you lost a fight (acts like you didn't do anything). Sometimes you gotta run miles for new opportunity!

> > * poor rewards for winning a wvw skirmish! I barely noticed anything!

> >

> > Here are but few commonsense solutions i suggest:

> >

> > * equally large xp payouts for defending an objective as there are for taking it.

> > * refreshing decay if you participated in a fight to the death with enemy player, regardless if you got killed or not.

> > * larger exp gains for doing stuff!

> > * 5 pips skirmish reward track each tick should be **baseline**. Winning a skirmish should reward exp for winners to get higher levels faster and with them more pips!

> >

> >

> >

>

> Or you could play the game mode, for the game mode, because you enjoy it. Instead of harping on about more useless rewards.

I want the rewards to be high enough to bring players into WvW but low enough that they don't change the way WvW is played, so what happened to EotM doesn't happen here.

> @VaaCrow.3076 said:

> > @ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

> > As an avid ranked spvp'er you can imagine what a trainwreck wvw rewards system is to me.

> >

> > * near 10,000 levels to get, yet experience is given in extremely small chunks

> > * defending your keep is **punished**! You get no good exp for successful defense, they get none for failed attack!

> > * decay system is too punishing if you lost a fight (acts like you didn't do anything). Sometimes you gotta run miles for new opportunity!

> > * poor rewards for winning a wvw skirmish! I barely noticed anything!

> >

> > Here are but few commonsense solutions i suggest:

> >

> > * equally large xp payouts for defending an objective as there are for taking it.

> > * refreshing decay if you participated in a fight to the death with enemy player, regardless if you got killed or not.

> > * larger exp gains for doing stuff!

> > * 5 pips skirmish reward track each tick should be **baseline**. Winning a skirmish should reward exp for winners to get higher levels faster and with them more pips!

> >

> >

> >

>

> Or you could play the game mode, for the game mode, because you enjoy it. Instead of harping on about more useless rewards.

In a perfect virtual world sure. Remove all reward systems and gear from games and people just play what they like to have fun, sounds great. This actually sets an extremely high bar for game development... games would die left and right without the carrot on a stick scenario because it exposes the games content level and quality.

> @Swamurabi.7890 said:

> > @VaaCrow.3076 said:

> > > @ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

> > > As an avid ranked spvp'er you can imagine what a trainwreck wvw rewards system is to me.

> > >

> > > * near 10,000 levels to get, yet experience is given in extremely small chunks

> > > * defending your keep is **punished**! You get no good exp for successful defense, they get none for failed attack!

> > > * decay system is too punishing if you lost a fight (acts like you didn't do anything). Sometimes you gotta run miles for new opportunity!

> > > * poor rewards for winning a wvw skirmish! I barely noticed anything!

> > >

> > > Here are but few commonsense solutions i suggest:

> > >

> > > * equally large xp payouts for defending an objective as there are for taking it.

> > > * refreshing decay if you participated in a fight to the death with enemy player, regardless if you got killed or not.

> > > * larger exp gains for doing stuff!

> > > * 5 pips skirmish reward track each tick should be **baseline**. Winning a skirmish should reward exp for winners to get higher levels faster and with them more pips!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Or you could play the game mode, for the game mode, because you enjoy it. Instead of harping on about more useless rewards.

>

> I want the rewards to be high enough to bring players into WvW but low enough that they don't change the way WvW is played, so what happened to EotM doesn't happen here.

It's already happening.

> @"Shining One.1635" said:

> I really wish they would replace the Tomes of Knowledge in at least some of the reward tracks with WXP Consumables. I'd also be happy with a WXP-focused reward track with the 40th chest containing Kegs of Liquid World Experience.

Yes, please. I like this idea. More relevant rewards in the reward track, It doesn't even require messing with the ghastly pip system.

Anyone care that wvsw vets are maxing their pip tracks after playing just a few hours on the weekend? Guess not. I'm only platinum and I don't even have to look at the pip board anymore.....I'll max diamond just loggin in for an hour or 2 here and there without playing seriously or anything. IT just naturally hits full on its own. And I'm not by any means a true vet....true vets are making at least 1-4 more pips than me, and if they are committed to pips (playin outnumbered or playing to first place and tagging and all that) they might make even 6-10 more than me.

> @diamondgirl.6315 said:

> > @"Shining One.1635" said:

> > I really wish they would replace the Tomes of Knowledge in at least some of the reward tracks with WXP Consumables. I'd also be happy with a WXP-focused reward track with the 40th chest containing Kegs of Liquid World Experience.

>

> Yes, please. I like this idea. More relevant rewards in the reward track, It doesn't even require messing with the ghastly pip system.

Huge +1 to that idea. Unlike spvp or PvE, leveling here matters a lot with all the perks and extra pips for reaching higher ranks. And since most tracks are same as spvp most will grind those in faster and more gold-giving spvp. WvW needs more unique tracks that cater to WvW players and their needs. Such as getting higher level before they turn into mummies.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @fishoa.9648 said:

> > Not even going to bother with pip discussion. The fact that they nerfed pip earning and made the stick holding the carrot longer, just infuriates me. Glad I stopped supporting this company.

>

> So... how exactly was pip earning nerfed?

Yeah, pip earnings are better now than they were at the beginning. The skirmish placement pip increase really helped, where 3rd place now gets 3 pips instead of 1.

> @Sylvyn.4750 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @fishoa.9648 said:

> > > Not even going to bother with pip discussion. The fact that they nerfed pip earning and made the stick holding the carrot longer, just infuriates me. Glad I stopped supporting this company.

> >

> > So... how exactly was pip earning nerfed?

>

> Yeah, pip earnings are better now than they were at the beginning. The skirmish placement pip increase really helped, where 3rd place now gets 3 pips instead of 1.

Yeah, that's what I know as well. I thought maybe there had been a stealth nerf. I've played a little less over the last week and a half, so I could have missed something.

> > @Sylvyn.4750 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @fishoa.9648 said:

> > > > Not even going to bother with pip discussion. The fact that they nerfed pip earning and made the stick holding the carrot longer, just infuriates me. Glad I stopped supporting this company.

> > >

> > > So... how exactly was pip earning nerfed?

> >

> > Yeah, pip earnings are better now than they were at the beginning. The skirmish placement pip increase really helped, where 3rd place now gets 3 pips instead of 1.

>

> Yeah, that's what I know as well. I thought maybe there had been a stealth nerf. I've played a little less over the last week and a half, so I could have missed something.

>

Might have to do with how the skirmish tickets get paid out incrementally now with each chest...not so much for each wood one, but by the time you get up to platinum, mithril and diamond, they are paying out more than 10 for each chest. If your time commitment drops and you don't finish diamond, you're usually losing out on the higher paying chests for that week. I am not aware of any other changes that would impact the pip/reward system, either.

> Yeah, that's what I know as well. I thought maybe there had been a stealth nerf. I've played a little less over the last week and a half, so I could have missed something.

>

Found this on the Sept 22 patch notes...kinda vague on the details: "• Rewards from new PvP and WvW tracks have been adjusted."

> @"Shining One.1635" said:

> I really wish they would replace the Tomes of Knowledge in at least some of the reward tracks with WXP Consumables. I'd also be happy with a WXP-focused reward track with the 40th chest containing Kegs of Liquid World Experience.

Good thoughts. Though I don't know how I feel about boatloads of automated free wxp when a lot of these pip (and therefore reward track) farmers are afk'ing on outnumbered maps. I'd be okay with cutting back on the Tomes of Knowledge and replacing them with those wxp boosters/wxp mini boosters. I'm not sure there's anywhere to get those wvw exp-specific boosters anymore.

A wvw-oriented track that granted things like wvw traps, siege, wxp _boosters_, memories of battle, high tier salvage kits, perhaps with extra testimony of heroics at the end would be a neat idea. You know. To cut back on costs for those people who spend most of their gw2 time playing wvw.

Generally some good thoughts in this thread, even if I disagree with the nature of it.

~ Kovu