Is that white dot supposed to be crosshairs?

One time while doing that fireworks mini-game during the concert, I got a set of crosshairs instead of that single white dot. Thinking this is the way it's supposed to be, I tried changing various graphics settings during the balloon popping event that uses the same sight and lasts a lot longer. Nothing worked to make those crosshairs appear and in subsequent tries at the fireworks, they haven't shown up again. Crosshairs in a shooting event make so much more sense than a tiny white dot that is rather hard to see. This has got to be a bug.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> The dot changes if you have a target. You can see the various styles here:

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Action_Camera_Mode

I have seen that page (I linked to it in another thread), and have yet to see the target ever appear. I have lost track of how many times I tried the fireworks, 8 or 9 by now... I just did it again this morning. Never got the target reticle, but just kept firing, I finally got credit for it.

Is there a way to turn off the 'action cam' and go back to the nice targeting we used to have? Like in the old cannon shooting game. The 'action cam' is a horrid system.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> The dot changes if you have a target. You can see the various styles here:

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Action_Camera_Mode

Problem is, the dot DOESN'T change, at least for me. In the balloon popping event, the balloon will brighten if it's targeted, but that's it. It works as described on regular enemies though, so it would appear it's broken in the two actual "action camera" events on this map.

P.S. I knew I saw crosshairs! It must have momentarily worked as designed.

P.P.S. I must not have done the previous "action camera" events or completely forgotten about them. Thanks for the reminder!

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> Is there a way to turn off the 'action cam' and go back to the nice targeting we used to have? Like in the old cannon shooting game. The 'action cam' is a horrid system.

You can toggle it off by keybinding it, but for the events that were specifically designed for it, you're just hiding the dot.

> @"TobyTucker.5317" said:

> Problem is, the dot DOESN'T change, at least for me. In the balloon popping event, the balloon will brighten if it's targeted, but that's it. It works as described on regular enemies though, so it would appear it's broken in the two actual "action camera" events on this map.

It only changes for things that you can click to target and attack. If what you saw at the concert is what is shown on the wiki, it's because you had something targeted, like a crazed fan.