Guild Wars 2 server world players visit each other

huluobo.7036

The two games are not identical. The Chinese version has a separate trading post and slightly different character creation options and what is sold in their gemstore and in their trading post is not identical with what is sold in the EU/NA gemstore and trading post. The Chinese version is managed by a Chinese partner(?) because of Chinese laws regulating foreign ownership of companies that Chinese citizens interact with. Because of the differences and Chinese laws the two games can not be merged.

The technology could be realised, but ANet do not have the legal authority to do so. Unless the data centres and billing services are within PRC jurisdiction I don't think it's possible to host Chinese players on international servers.

(I'm not sure what the rules are regarding Chinese players who circumvent this via VPNs etc., but from my experience this isn't often a ToS breach, it's just not supported.)

Another point I didn’t mention. The Chinese government strictly controls and restricts its citizen’s [[internet access]](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_China). I don’t think the Chinese government would like unsupervised mingling of its citizens and foreigners in a video game. Last I heard, if you own an EU/Na copy of the game you have to get special permission to buy the Chinese version. So even if it were otherwise feasible to guest I don’t think the Chinese government would allow it.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> The two games are not identical. The Chinese version has a separate trading post and slightly different character creation options and what is sold in their gemstore and in their trading post is not identical with what is sold in the EU/NA gemstore and trading post. The Chinese version is managed by a Chinese partner(?) because of Chinese laws regulating foreign ownership of companies that Chinese citizens interact with. Because of the differences and Chinese laws the two games can not be merged.

This.

While technology, distance and ping might all be issues, what Jafw said is the main reason why cross NA+EU and Chinese clients will not game together.

NA and EU might at some time see merging (if say player numbers fall to far in the future) which would come with some loss in quality of service. But as of right now, there is nearly no chance of having Chinese players and NA+EU players playing together ever.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> The technology could be realised, but ANet do not have the legal authority to do so. Unless the data centres and billing services are within PRC jurisdiction I don't think it's possible to host Chinese players on international servers.

>

> (I'm not sure what the rules are regarding Chinese players who circumvent this via VPNs etc., but from my experience this isn't often a ToS breach, it's just not supported.)

Thank you, I finally understood.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> The two games are not identical. The Chinese version has a separate trading post and slightly different character creation options and what is sold in their gemstore and in their trading post is not identical with what is sold in the EU/NA gemstore and trading post. The Chinese version is managed by a Chinese partner(?) because of Chinese laws regulating foreign ownership of companies that Chinese citizens interact with. Because of the differences and Chinese laws the two games can not be merged.

Thank you, I finally understood.