Useless Experience Scrolls... Why can't they be combined? New Idea explained...

Kewler.4985

This is for some of us players with numerous level 20 and level 30 Experience Scrolls in our bank. Many if not most of these will never be used and are pretty useless of an award for long time players with multiple toons. I feel we should be able to be combined these with a formula of diminishing returns. I think it would be easy to do with the same level scrolled, such as you can combine multiple 20 level or 30 levels scrolls but not a 20 with a 30.

Example: a 20 +20 = new level 30, or 30 + 30 = a level 40. By combining two of the same scroll you created a new one at the next level. So two 20's make a 30, two 30's make a 40, two 40's make a 50, etc. If you select a stack of scrolls on a character or in your bank you would get an option to use one or combine two.

In my unique case I have 22 leftover and pretty useless level 20 experience scrolls, and with this formula I could make 11 level 30 scrolls. Add those to the 5 level 30 scrolls I currently have would give my a total of 16 new level 30 scrolls. I then combine them to get 8 of the level 40 scrolls. I continue and combine my new level 40s scrolls to get 4 of the level 50 scrolls. And so on it you wish. I personally would like to bring in a few new level 50 toons. It would be a very easy thing to add to the game and reward long time players.

Plus, it would promote more sales for all those added character slots we would need, and created more traffic in the AH when you are armoring and outfitting your new toons. With each new toon you need a new outfit or unique weapon skin to make them stand out from the rest. $$$

I feel this is the type of outside the box thinking which not only makes GW2 the best MMO, but makes its players the most devoted. Add a new aspect to the game while rewarding the long time players who have been supporting it for years and bringing newer players in. It's a WIN, WIN. Did I mention more sale?

You guys let me and the developers know what you think of this idea.

how about an trader that can convert scrolls (like the infusion traders)

a trader would prevent me from accidentally combining scrolls when i intend to use them, and would prevent me from accidentally using them when i intend to combine them. (i've seen mis-clicks on the right click menus before. sometimes i blame fat thumbs; sometimes Bacon Defeciency Disorder strikes; sometimes it's jitters from hunger)

there would be options for combining scrolls in powers of 2, to make larger scrolls

there would be options for trading the scrolls for tomes of knowledge

there would be options to trade the scrolls for spirit shards

there would also be another tab to allow you to trade tomes of knowledge into spirit shards

PS: you might consider a more friendly / professional title such as " [sUGGESTION] Experience Scroll Combining ". using that tag might generate more interest

I'm not going to use it myself, because I'd rather use the scrolls directly and add tomes for extra levels if necessary, especially if combining them 'lost' so many levels. But I can see how this could be useful for other people who don't make as many characters.

I like the idea of it being something crafted or done via a merchant though, to reduce the risk of accidentally combining them when trying to use them or the other way around.

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> I agree. But only if you have it unlocked. So when you reach year x you unlock a recipe to craft them.

> Seems to me it should be a scribe recipe

Since the scrolls only come from birthday gifts that's already covered. If you don't have a character old enough you won't have any scrolls to combine.

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> I agree. But only if you have it unlocked. So when you reach year x you unlock a recipe to craft them.

> Seems to me it should be a scribe recipe

Believe I see what you mean, you don't want someone who has only played the game for two years being able to unlock a level 70 scroll, just because they have 16 toons that just got level 30 scrolls for their birthday. I would differ, by saying the player has literally paid their dues by not only buying the slots to have 16 toon, but the sheer amount of playing time and effort they are contributing to the game.

I for instance played original GW, but then switched to D&D for 4 years, before my friend talked me into coming to GW2 and trying it out. I like the changed mechanics and movement better than the original GW so I've stayed unmassing 4,900 hours over the last 1,800 days, while running dozens of toons. In my case by that thinking, I would not be able to unlock the higher scrolls because I am only getting ready to celebrate my 5 year mark. I see the point, but don't quite agree, but at least we are discussing it, and anything would be better than what we have now.

Also you can get 10-16 Tomes of Knowledge per month from login rewards (240-384 in 2 years), far more from WvW and PvP reward tracks, and without them it's possible to level a character to 80 in about 48 hours if you really want to. Not to mention buying the level 80 boost from the gem store.

So it's not like this would be giving anyone an advantage they can't get any other way. Waiting a few years to get enough birthday scrolls to combine would actually be one of the least efficient ways to level a character.

> @"Kewler.4985" said:

> This is for some of us players with numerous level 20 and level 30 Experience Scrolls in our bank. Many if not most of these will never be used and are pretty useless of an award for long time players with multiple toons. I feel we should be able to be combined these with a formula of diminishing returns. I think it would be easy to do with the same level scrolled, such as you can combine multiple 20 level or 30 levels scrolls but not a 20 with a 30.

>

> Example: a 20 +20 = new level 30, or 30 + 30 = a level 40. By combining two of the same scroll you created a new one at the next level. So two 20's make a 30, two 30's make a 40, two 40's make a 50, etc. If you select a stack of scrolls on a character or in your bank you would get an option to use one or combine two.

>

> In my unique case I have 22 leftover and pretty useless level 20 experience scrolls, and with this formula I could make 11 level 30 scrolls. Add those to the 5 level 30 scrolls I currently have would give my a total of 16 new level 30 scrolls. I then combine them to get 8 of the level 40 scrolls. I continue and combine my new level 40s scrolls to get 4 of the level 50 scrolls. And so on it you wish. I personally would like to bring in a few new level 50 toons. It would be a very easy thing to add to the game and reward long time players.

>

> Plus, it would promote more sales for all those added character slots we would need, and created more traffic in the AH when you are armoring and outfitting your new toons. With each new toon you need a new outfit or unique weapon skin to make them stand out from the rest. $$$

>

> I feel this is the type of outside the box thinking which not only makes GW2 the best MMO, but makes its players the most devoted. Add a new aspect to the game while rewarding the long time players who have been supporting it for years and bringing newer players in. It's a WIN, WIN. Did I mention more sale?

>

> You guys let me and the developers know what you think of this idea.

>

Those scrolls .... ugh. By the time you get them you are a level 80 and they are only usable by low levels. So you roll an alt to use it. Then get twice as many scrolls. Rinse and repeat. Then on top of that they do not stack well: somehow there are two types of level 20s for example, then level 30s (which make it useless to use the 20s). Just give us a bunch of tomes or something 80s can use.

I know they aren't tons of people with dozens of characters on their account, but for the ones of us that do have them, getting a lot of 20, 30 or 40 level scrolls is kind of useless. If you could convert them into lvl 70 or level 80 scrolls or even just level 50 scrolls it would get people to buy more character slots. Which means more crafting and purchasing more from the AH to outfit them. This would give more value to more people for the Scrolls. I brought this subject up, because I'm out of room in the bank, they won't let me have any more tabs, and I was doing some house cleaning and figured instead of trashing them, try to get something meaningful from them.