Renegade Useless In WvW

Legendary Defender.5631

So all I play is WvW. And after trying out renegade for a while in wvw i have to say that renegade falls very very short of being worth giving up the sustain of herald. The worse thing about it is that you realize giving up herald, you have absolutely no sustain. You might have a small amount but nothing that's actually going to help you in a fight. Yeah you can spam resistance but it'll be the only skill you'll be using besides the heal. I fail to see the logic in adding more and more condi into the game but not adding more condi removal. Seems the 2 go hand in hand. I like the SB I think the animations are cool altho the damage is meh. The f skills are meh. Unless you're running with others that offer heavy support then don't even bother taking renegade into wvw unless you plan on getting your death count high.

I hope anet can take a look at renegade and give it a badly needed boost esp when it comes to sustain and condi removal and damage mitigation otherwise you'll see maybe 1 or 2 renegades in wvw at any time until they realize renegade has no place in wvw. either way my renegade is going on the back burner and wait for upgrade.

> @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> I hope anet can take a look at renegade and give it a badly needed boost esp when it comes to sustain and condi removal and damage mitigation otherwise you'll see maybe 1 or 2 renegades in wvw at any time until they realize renegade has no place in wvw. either way my renegade is going on the back burner and wait for upgrade.

Why to wait when both the Necros and the core Rev/Herald are perfectly playable? Do you think that suddenly ANet will provide Kalla's cubs 21 seconds of reistance as they did with the Spellbreaker?

> @Buran.3796 said:

> > @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

>

> > I hope anet can take a look at renegade and give it a badly needed boost esp when it comes to sustain and condi removal and damage mitigation otherwise you'll see maybe 1 or 2 renegades in wvw at any time until they realize renegade has no place in wvw. either way my renegade is going on the back burner and wait for upgrade.

>

> Why to wait when both the Necros and the core Rev/Herald are perfectly playable? Do you think that suddenly ANet will provide Kalla's cubs 21 seconds of reistance as they did with the Spellbreaker?

>

>

i dont know if anet will buff renegade but if they didnt it will be huge failure of design. a patch which 1 class is not useable in wvw, pvp and pve and maybe work only in raids..... i dont want to be in these developer shoes ....

I'm actually finding success with Renegade in WvW but my build is set up for large scale. I have used a small scale Renegade build that focuses on damage mitigation, but I like dps much better. Across all Renegade specs, make sure to use F4 on siege. Don't know how many times I've had to mention that in say-chat.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvNWNS6JrJRVl/ksrygSYW5QJYscrkFNl6vHHylstACgGgtMWj2A-jVSBQBiUZwV2AICPAAAcBA0whAgSqBswjAAe0BoHNBAA-w

You're job is basically to put out ranged bombs. Hammer 2, 3, and 5 deal great damage at 1200 range and none of them are projectiles (spellbreaker bubbles, Firebrand courage tome, and misc projectile hate would typically set ranged bombers back, but not the rev). You can get a good amount of damage/stat modifiers with the Grandmaster minor and major traits (300 fero = 20% crit damage), and with nearly 100% crit chance, you're making good use of the added ferocity. Spam your f2 whenever it's up.

Currently experimenting with Runes of the Infiltrator and Swift Termination (Devastation line) to more-or-less specialize in downing people, but you can stick to Dismantle Fortifications to get might stacks with both weapons and Scholar Runes for added damage.

Disclaimer: I tend to agree with what people are writing in the Rev forum lately; Renegade Utilities need work to be usable in WvW, shortbow damage/utility should be improved. I'm a little hesitant to reduce the energy cost of F2-4, because they are pretty strong especially when traited and not spammed like inexperienced Revs tend to do.

> @"Arricson Krei.9560" said:

> I'm actually finding success with Renegade in WvW but my build is set up for large scale

I once used selfmade apothecary Ventari build (with yellow gear) before any buffs to any core rev specs for large scale. It worked. Conclusion? Anything might work for non-organized large scale wvw if you play carefully and pretend to be useful.