OPTIONAL Premium and housing

reative.4093

Really guys =)

U disagree when all he offer is cosmetics/trash housing things ??? why really why ?? just explain me ? All i know it's this game need money.

I can't understand....if he offer a pay to win, yep, i agree but but raise shields just because of the word "PREMIUM"....maybe a real society problem who have nothing to do with gw2....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:

> Really guys =)

>

> U disagree when all he offer is cosmetics/trash housing things ??? why really why ?? just explain me ? All i know it's this game need money.

>

> I can't understand....if he offer a pay to win, yep, i agree but but raise shields just because of the word "PREMIUM"....maybe a real society problem who have nothing to do with gw2....

>

>

Devs don't need p2w to make the sub option near-mandatory. All they need to do, is develop the game in ways that would make the basic version a nightmare to play without the conveniences of the subscription.

SWTOR is technically a f2p game with optional sub. And yet, doing anything but class story without a sub is as enjoyable as trying to pull out your eyes with forks. And that's just one of many examples.

> @"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:

> Really guys =)

>

> U disagree when all he offer is cosmetics/trash housing things ??? why really why ?? just explain me ? All i know it's this game need money.

>

> I can't understand....if he offer a pay to win, yep, i agree but but raise shields just because of the word "PREMIUM"....maybe a real society problem who have nothing to do with gw2....

>

>

He wants mount skins at half their price just because of signing up to a sub...and wants more on top of that.

Its simple...if you want a sub, just buy gems every month.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Nobody forces you when something is optional folks

Up until now ANet has gone to great lengths to make sure the value of gems you bought is equal, no matter when, how often, or how many you buy. I can buy $10 worth of gems each month, or $120 once a year, and I always know I'm getting my money's worth in gems. Then when it comes to buying stuff in the store, I can choose exactly the (cosmetic or convenience) items I want, and only pay for those without having to worry that I might've gotten a worse deal than had I bought a package deal of stuff that I'm not sure I ever want/need.

Throwing in an optional (or not) subscription muddles the waters. Suddenly I no longer get the same "worth" if I spend money on the game. If I want the goodies that come with the subscription, I have to pay, and pay every month, regardless if I have the spare money each month or not. I have to get the package deal, regardless if I want everything that comes with it or just one or two features. If I pay and my computer breaks the next day and I can't get it fixed for four weeks I essentially paid for nothing because there won't be any benefit of the subscription left by the time I can log in again.

Subscriptions (optional or not) with (exclusive or not) benefits, discounts on bulk purchases, time-limited offers of goods that will never be offered again, all of that are models first and foremost designed to get people to spend on stuff they have no way of knowing if they will be using it, and to make people feel like they're not getting their money's full value if they don't take the offer but keep spending the way they did for the last seven years.

I've played (and still play) MMOs with optional subscription, and I very much appreciate that GW2 is not one of them. In this game, if I spend real money, I'm getting a fair value for my money, without any tricks enticing me to spend more than I actually want/need. I sure hope ANet will keep it this way.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:

> > Really guys =)

> >

> > U disagree when all he offer is cosmetics/trash housing things ??? why really why ?? just explain me ? All i know it's this game need money.

> >

> > I can't understand....if he offer a pay to win, yep, i agree but but raise shields just because of the word "PREMIUM"....maybe a real society problem who have nothing to do with gw2....

> >

> >

> Its simple...if you want a sub, just buy gems every month.

Have anyone seen supporters of "optional premiums" ( @"Swagger.1459" ?) answering an obvious suggestion like this? It seems to me they're avoiding it every time -almost as if it's not about supporting the devs, but just getting ahead by paying monthly :dizzy: