Forum Bug

I just posted this in another thread but thought it my be something others were experiencing.

Ok, there is something weird happening.

I just logged in on another computer upstairs....went to official forums and when I logged into my account and it said:

___You currently do not have access to your Guild Wars 2 Forum account because your game account was suspended. You will be able to participate in the forums once your game suspension has expired.___

So, i came back downstairs...logged into game to see if it was actually suspended. It wasn't.

Logged into forum here and clearly there is no longer a problem.

What is going on?

p.s. I have never been suspended from the game. No 3rd party apps

Anyone else experience this?

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> It happens when you experience a forum suspension.. the message is as ever a tad confusing, but it boils down to forum moderation limiting forum access not your game access like the message alludes to.

Yeah, I have had a temp forum suspension too but it was different.

This was an entire screen vs a notification and I can still make threads.

I see, thanks @Just a flesh wound.3589

I don't feel so dirty anymore.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Yeah, it’s very..... surprising... the first time. lol

> The first time it happened I logged into the game, nothing. Tried the forum again. Nothing. Then it happened a couple more time. Reported it a few months ago. No one ever answered my ticket so i figured it was a forum bug. /shrug.

Maybe.. considering the forums are a mess in terms of login issues, blank pages, broken links etc (and have been for a while) if using certain browsers.. then it normally comes down to something Vanilla have been doing.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > Hi.

> > Forum bans are not game bans.

>

> But the OP said they went to a different computer and Voilà

> They where still able to post. The forum is bugged.

Yes, it was a bug.

Not sure what happened there.

I was able to play the game and there was no forum suspension either.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> Hi.

> Forum bans are not game bans.

The message I got said it’s a game ban that blocked me from accessing the forum

>Forum Account Suspended

>You currently do not have access to your Guild Wars 2 Forum account because your game account was suspended. You will be able to participate in the forums once your game suspension has expired.

>You may inquire about the status of your game account by submitting a ticket through this web page.

Except there are no actual suspensions with this bug. You can still log in to the game and the forum as usual.

Edit: I made a ticket and asked about it. That was 7 months ago and the ticket is still open and unanswered, so I guess they don’t have an answer either. lol. (Ticket number 7295144)