Australia's Gem Card Situation (Good News!)

Alright, so as many Australians may had noticed at their local EB Games stores, Gem cards were not getting restocked for quite some time and people were buying them out in larger amounts rapidly because we believed they were stopping the cards.

Well, the other day I went to EB Games and suddenly more had appeared and it was exactly 10 in fact and so my boyfriend and I spoke to the guy working the counter who was amazing and informative and looked up a lot of information for us.

First of all: Only the $15 dollar cards are being discontinued because EB wants to cut down the amount of variable stock they are receiving for cards like that for not as popular games, so to save space they are only keeping the $25 dollar card.

Second of all: The reason they started disappearing in the first place was actually due to the fact the cards had no expiry dates listed even though the cards did have a maximum active duration before they expired and they now needed to officially list that information or have no expiry date. So EB had to chuck out all the stock they had at the time and wait until more cards were created and each store has recently been sent a supply of 10 each as a first wave of replacements for the ones they had to throw away!

So Aussie's rejoice that we aren't going to be punched in the face by conversion rates!!

• 1 month later...