Why are Black Lion Skin prices so static on the TP?

I think its because the majority of customers do not have the money to afford them.. Prices do not go up if people do not buy them. People on this forum seem wildly out of sync with the actual playerbase..

Most customers have less than 1000g and even more have less than 100g.. So if you are able to afford these things en mass at whatever prices they are you aren't the majority..

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> I think its because the majority of customers do not have the money to afford them.. Prices do not go up if people do not buy them. People on this forum seem wildly out of sync with the actual playerbase..

>

> Most customers have less than 1000g and even more have less than 100g.. So if you are able to afford these things en mass at whatever prices they are you aren't the majority..

But individual players don't need to buy them en mass for there to be regular sales. Think of it like real life purchases - most people don't buy a TV every week, and wouldn't even if they could afford it, but that doesn't mean shops don't sell several TVs each week, they just don't sell them all to the same people. I know some people in this topic have talked about buying full sets of black lion weapons, or even buying multiple sets. But I suspect the majority of sales are to people who buy just one skin (probably after saving up for it) because they want that skin. I'm one of the people who normally has less than 100g and considers anything over that a big purchase I'd have to save up for. But I've bought 2 or 3 black lion weapons because I decided I really wanted that skin and it was worth saving up for. It takes me a long time, but for just the right skin for my character it's worth it.

And I think that's one of the reasons prices have stayed more static recently. The people who buy whole sets to collect will keep doing that, and might actually buy more when there's more sets to collect. But if the majority of sales are going to people buying just one skin because they really like it then having more skins available will lead to fewer people buying each one, so while demand overall stays the same the demand for each skin is lower and prices don't rise as much.

But it's not surprising we see more of the people who buy whole sets in this topic, because people who just buy one or two specific black lion skins after saving up are unlikely to care about trends in prices. (Although it could be good for them to know, because it means they can save up for a particular skin without worrying that the price will go up faster than they can save.)