Don't Nerf Scourge, Change it to Support.

Nightshade.2570

We regularly run support Scourges in Raids as of late. 25 Might Stacking, Transfusion revives + high HPS, its actually super viable for full clear, save for maybe KC and Gorse. So anyone saying "its useless in raids" is just simply not speaking from experience.

Is it meta? Nope. Does it clear content and hard carry people through difficult transitions in their learning of the bosses? Absolutely. Its a raid trainer's wet dream.

> @Lexan.5930 said:

> i would love to play a support scourge in raids. I think that the healing from blood needs some work. I have a full st of harrier gear and the transfusion tick is nice, but still kind of lack luster.

>

> Especially in fractals the high burst of enemies means that an on demand burst heal would be nice, but i know thats basicly the druids job. I would like to see the healing numbers for life from death removed and the numbers for transfusion upped.

>

> Life from death has a really weird timing, especially for scourge. Scourge has to hit f5, then wait for it to end before the benefit of the healing, vs say a reaper can pop in and out of shroud for a quick emergency heal. Life from death change to something more consistent across all necro specs would be nice.

> have half the benefit happen when entering and half at the end. This gives us a nice heal and timing mechanic for scourge.

>

> transfusion needs better scaling, not crazy, but maybe with full harriers i could see 900 heals instead of the mostly wimpy 700 or so.

Expensive, but if you go full Minstrels with this build I find it much better than Harriers. Maybe just some Harriers weapons or something to round out the values of the boon duration if you are lazy like myself and just prefer to not rely on Concentration sigil.

Leadership runs + full Minstrell + the right food has me at boon cap on all boons, including any F2 conversions. You can also get more outgoing healing on others with the rice balls and the Sig of Transference (exotic stacks with major!) for quite potent heaing from transfusion, which is almost permanently on if you have full alacrity.

Stack Staff 2's regeneration, and you actually have quite insane healing to always be running in the background while you are actively maintaining your barrier. Its really more powerful at keeping people alive AND reviving them in emergency than almost any other healer build at this time (obviously less HPS in raw healing than Tempest and Ventari Rev, but far better than druids and minstrel chronomancers.)

Support scourge can only be a thing if it also offers competitive DPS either by itself, or by buffs. Few would bring a cPS warrior or a druid if that warrior or druid didn't also buff group damage (in the warrior's case in MULTIPLE ways WHILE doing good damage).

Look, I wanted Scourge to be a possible cPS replacement. But with the way necros are now, we will never be that. We lack unique buffs. Might stacking isn't enough, barrier isn't enough. We'd need a damage multiplier for the group to get anywhere.

We cannot replace druids for the same reason: No damage multiplier. We'd easily be good enough to replace a druid if we had, like, 15k dps + barrier that decays slower and GOTL. But we don't have that, so why take us?

> @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > @Lexan.5930 said:

> > i would love to play a support scourge in raids. I think that the healing from blood needs some work. I have a full st of harrier gear and the transfusion tick is nice, but still kind of lack luster.

> >

> > Especially in fractals the high burst of enemies means that an on demand burst heal would be nice, but i know thats basicly the druids job. I would like to see the healing numbers for life from death removed and the numbers for transfusion upped.

> >

> > Life from death has a really weird timing, especially for scourge. Scourge has to hit f5, then wait for it to end before the benefit of the healing, vs say a reaper can pop in and out of shroud for a quick emergency heal. Life from death change to something more consistent across all necro specs would be nice.

> > have half the benefit happen when entering and half at the end. This gives us a nice heal and timing mechanic for scourge.

> >

> > transfusion needs better scaling, not crazy, but maybe with full harriers i could see 900 heals instead of the mostly wimpy 700 or so.

>

> Expensive, but if you go full Minstrels with this build I find it much better than Harriers. Maybe just some Harriers weapons or something to round out the values of the boon duration if you are lazy like myself and just prefer to not rely on Concentration sigil.

>

> Leadership runs + full Minstrell + the right food has me at boon cap on all boons, including any F2 conversions. You can also get more outgoing healing on others with the rice kitten and the Sig of Transference (exotic stacks with major!) for quite potent heaing from transfusion, which is almost permanently on if you have full alacrity.

>

> Stack Staff 2's regeneration, and you actually have quite insane healing to always be running in the background while you are actively maintaining your barrier. Its really more powerful at keeping people alive AND reviving them in emergency than almost any other healer build at this time (obviously less HPS in raw healing than Tempest and Ventari Rev, but far better than druids and minstrel chronomancers.)

Hello can you share a your build please it looks amazing

> @Axl.8924 said:

> I don't want to be forced to be a support with scourge.Its a dps class.

> I agree that if you want to be support make it blood line of area or death area.

funny thing is that iirc, it was originally intended to be support, but it kinda went the route of the Tempest and became a straight up dps upgrade.