Golf Clap Anet

Forzani.2584

Gotta say this is a new experience. I've been away for a few years. Came back last week. I usually only WvW or pvp but thought I might try the new stories. People seemed to like them so figured why not do some exploring, kill a few things and enjoy the ride.

I completed POF and moved on to Thorns. Next part of quest I have to go to Coztic grounds in Verdant Brink/Maguuma Wastes. Apparently it, like many of the hero points, are a puzzle to get to. I have level 3 mounts. I have been at it all day. 27 deaths later I'm no closer to getting there. I've been playing these games since EQ in 2000. Thousands of hours of game play and I have never experienced so much death.

Not a nice relaxing experience like I was hoping for. I forgot all those years ago how big of deal jumping games was to GW2.

For the record, HoT comes before PoF, and mounts weren't available, so you can't actually use them to reach everything because they didn't even exist when the content was designed. For many things you'll need the HoT masteries as well.

That said, the mounts do make completing Maguuma Wastes and Heart of Maguuma maps easier.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Forzani.2584" said:

> > I have level 3 mounts. I have been at it all day. 27 deaths later [...]

>

> You need gliding, not mounts.

I disagree. What they need is a trusty skyscale (or even a griffon would do, if they were willing to use a springer to reach a high enough point to exploit it).

Gliders are kinda obsolete, unless you wanna take a tumble off a cliff while in combat or use an updraft. :s

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Forzani.2584" said:

> > > I have level 3 mounts. I have been at it all day. 27 deaths later [...]

> >

> > You need gliding, not mounts.

>

> I disagree. What they need is a trusty skyscale (or even a griffon would do, if they were willing to use a springer to reach a high enough point to exploit it).

>

> Gliders are kinda obsolete, unless you wanna take a tumble off a cliff while in combat or use an updraft. :s

Being able to use them in combat is pretty much their mainstay at this point, especially combined with Griffon's Air Rescue.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Forzani.2584" said:

> > > I have level 3 mounts. I have been at it all day. 27 deaths later [...]

> >

> > You need gliding, not mounts.

>

> I disagree. What they need is a trusty skyscale (or even a griffon would do, if they were willing to use a springer to reach a high enough point to exploit it).

>

> Gliders are kinda obsolete, unless you wanna take a tumble off a cliff while in combat or use an updraft. :s

It takes a long time to get those, and even with them, it's a lot easier with the addition of using updrafts. I use both, gliding and the Skyskale, when I explore Verdant Brink these days. And if they want to experience it the way it was meant to be experienced, they definitely should level gliding.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Forzani.2584" said:

> > > > I have level 3 mounts. I have been at it all day. 27 deaths later [...]

> > >

> > > You need gliding, not mounts.

> >

> > I disagree. What they need is a trusty skyscale (or even a griffon would do, if they were willing to use a springer to reach a high enough point to exploit it).

> >

> > Gliders are kinda obsolete, unless you wanna take a tumble off a cliff while in combat or use an updraft. :s

>

> It takes a long time to get those, and even with them, it's a lot easier with the addition of using updrafts. I use both, gliding and the Skyskale, when I explore Verdant Brink these days. And if they want to experience it the way it was meant to be experienced, they definitely should level gliding.

2015 has long since passed; self limiting oneself to a glider is admirable, but largely pointless since no player is exploring for the sake of exploring, nobody is being eaten by pocket raptors, and everybody is using mounts to get around. It isn't an authentic experience, it's just artificial annoyance.

Regardless of the time needed (maybe a week, he did complete pof), I think it's worth looking into. Flying mounts (doesn't matter which one) were a huge upgrade over gliders, to the point where gliders only act as extremely situational parachutes (for me).

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> 2015 has long since passed; self limiting oneself to a glider is admirable, but largely pointless

I disagree, I consider it fun in Verdant Brinks as it's the only map where it's not pointless. ;) But yeah, I do use the Skyscale a lot of the time because it's faster and I already know the map by heart.

> since no player is exploring for the sake of exploring

I disagree with that sentiment.