Guild Wars 2 continuously crashes when another program is open (Resolved)

Hello!

This has started happening very recently, actually today's morning. I was playing, decided to open Chrome for some music, and it crashed. Figured it was just a casual crash, but no, the issue persists.

Oddly enough, the game is fine if no other program is opened, (as far as I can tell, this excludes things that seem to be running in the background, such as Wallpaper Engine) working as smooth as usual, but the moment anything else is opened, be it Spotify or anything else, it crashes, and whatever program was opened along with it, turning my screen black for a few moments aswell. The furthest I can proceed in the game with another program opened is the character-select, the moment I press enter, poof.

I've done all that I could think of with my minor knowledge, updating driver, restarting the computer multiple times, repairing or re-downloading the game, nothing seems to work.

Guild Wars appears to be the only game I have this issue with, any other works just fine. I've looked through a couple of threads with the same error-code as mine, but none of the solutions seem to work for me.

Any help would be apprechiated! :)

Thank you a bunch for the reply, first of all,

secondly, after your comment I decided to go onto the safe side and give my PC a clean before checking everything else, and surprisingly, after logging in: all seemed dandy and fine! I could smoothly log in beyond the character-select. I geniuely figured it was an issue with the client or similar, considering all worked fine with other games, but I guess not so. ^-^

Thank you a bunch for your help! <3

> @"nhyxng.8024" said:

> I decided to go onto the safe side and give my PC a clean before checking everything else, and surprisingly, after logging in: all seemed dandy and fine! I could smoothly log in beyond the character-select. I geniuely figured it was an issue with the client or similar, considering all worked fine with other games, but I guess not so. ^-^

You should install the graphics card's manufacturor's software to regulate fan speed. And clean your hardware frequently. ;)

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I keep my PC covered when I’m not using it. This reduces how often I need to open up the case and clean it.

99.9% of the dust gets inside while the computer is running, not while it's off - so covering it doesn't really help (unless you are using it only once every couple of months ;) ).

Also, the hardware needs to cool off after the computer has been used, and covering the case is hampering the process.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > I keep my PC covered when I’m not using it. This reduces how often I need to open up the case and clean it.

>

> 99.9% of the dust gets inside while the computer is running, not while it's off - so covering it doesn't really help (unless you are using it only once every couple of months ;) ).

>

Not from my experience. I’ve had the PC for about 1,5 years and there has been less dust in the PC since I made the cover back in March compared to the time without it. I’ve noticed the same thing with my older PC as well.

> Also, the hardware needs to cool off after the computer has been used, and covering the case is hampering the process.

The PC isn’t fully enclosed by the cover and the cover isn’t insulated either.

Edit:

Also come to think of it, I did add custom filters on my older PC so that may be causing the difference for it.

For the newer PC, I run it with positive pressure and it already had filters. The environment around where I have the PC could have coincidentally changed at the same time that I started using a cover. Or maybe I’m just misremembering as I’ve only had to clean it three times.