Returning semi-fresh, need main for soloing content

> @"MisterMagician.8614" said:

> I would _ideally_ like my character to be able to move fast, solo everything (even the elite mobs that appear on the map as good luck finding _anyone_ in the wild on my server), and is not a drag to play. I also enjoyed pvp in the game at launch.

>

>

> About me:

> Looking to temporarily get back in the game just to get the two flying mounts, and I need a character/elite spec to help achieve that easily. Will be using my 80 boost on this character. Haven't played since launch early access.

>

> wrote more, but it only succeeded in driving the thread to petty squabblong so I will shorten this.

>

>

> What I feel about the classes:

> Love the idea of guardians, never played one past level 4.

>

> Love warrior, which was my "main" before the launch fire nation arrived; thematically dull.

>

> thief is fun but made of tissue paper as core, and I regret using one of my 60 boosts on a 7 year old char (like the birthday chests, I hate char).

>

> first character was an elementalist. no clue what they are like as I don't even remember. I _really_ need that fast, quick solo/farm potential though.

>

> Tried my old core ranger with a 60 boost, and even in level appropriate gear they are made of paper and only have maybe 2-3 viable attacks in all situations. even with the much vaunted bear pet they were only slightly more tanky, but that required using a bow and hoping the pet ai would hold together long enough to not lose aggro.

>

> No relevant experience with engineer, but I am interested in holoknight (just holoknight).

>

> Never tried mesmer, but I am interested.

>

> no clue what revenant is like, even thematically, outside "dollar store illidan stormrage."

>

> I like dots and pets, one of my favorite gameplay styles, but necro theme and aesthetics (especially those ghastly, greusome pets) give me nausea.

If you want good solo potential and fast play:

1. Guardian w/Meditation skills can combine with Dragonhunter elite for great damage. Would recommend gearing with Marauders.

2. Mesmer with Mirage specialization. Gear condi with dire or rabid... you literally destroy stuff., are agile and bounding around the map and very hard to be killed. You can solo champions easily.