I must be missing something with the new Masteries.

Not sure why they give the special action one time and then don't give it at all on the (Valor Essence). I have yet to have it's special action ability proc once. Then there's masteries that won't proc against certain mobs at all? Champion Kodon max Valor and yet not one proc of the ability. Red one finally maxed yet it wouldn't proc at all either. Finally did on a couple shamans but never the champion.

It's not in the description so I have no idea why it's soo random with special action.

As cronosphere says

Eg to take down the open world boneskinners cc bar in the forest, players need to stack red essence to 30 from nearby sources first. Then the action will trigger when it is needed. It is basically not very intuitive for open world. Strike missions allow you to stack to 30 at the start by hitting the pylon so it works properly there

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> As cronosphere says

>

> Eg to take down the open world boneskinners cc bar in the forest, players need to stack red essence to 30 from nearby sources first. Then the action will trigger when it is needed. It is basically not very intuitive for open world. Strike missions allow you to stack to 30 at the start by hitting the pylon so it works properly there

How long does that stack last? Because I also don't see it often as well.

It’s not intuitive at all. You kill mobs in one area in order to have the ability to get a special skill for mobs in another area. The names of the abilities don’t give a clue as to which mob it works against so you have to mouse over it to find out and you get the ability only after getting 30 stacks, which don’t last very long before you need to return to the first place to kill more mobs. On top of that you don’t even need it in casual PvE so ignoring it is fine.

imo the number of stacks needed should be smaller and should last as long as you're in the map. That would encourage getting all 3 types.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > As cronosphere says

> >

> > Eg to take down the open world boneskinners cc bar in the forest, players need to stack red essence to 30 from nearby sources first. Then the action will trigger when it is needed. It is basically not very intuitive for open world. Strike missions allow you to stack to 30 at the start by hitting the pylon so it works properly there

>

> How long does that stack last? Because I also don't see it often as well.

15 mins I think