DPS meter policy needs to be revised

> @Paladine.6082 said:

> Information that I am actively aware that I am presenting that you can see is not the issue in dispute here - what is in dispute is information your are collecting over which I have no control, in most cases no knowledge (there is no way for me to know you are using a DPS meter), for which I have given no consent and for which I can not prevent the processing of because you do not provide subject access rights. From a purely legal perspective the use of the DPS meter constitutes the processing of personal data for which you have no legal basis - I have made it very clear why that is the case - the fact you choose to ignore it does not make it any less valid or change the facts no matter how many different ways you try to make up scenarios to invalidate it. the law is the law and the matters in this issue are quite clear from a legal perspective.

But the information I'm getting from you without your consent is the amount of dps you are doing which we can all agree is NOT personal information. I get the personal information anyway, I'm now getting some NOT personal information. So what you are saying is once more invalid. The law is the law and there is no law against gathering the amount of dps you are doing (which is what happens here) if you have a law that clearly states that the amount of damage you are doing in a video game requires consent please present it here.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Paladine.6082 said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > this forum is a perfect example, i can see vesica tempestas.1563, this is not personal data.

> > >

> > > It absolutely is personal data.

> >

> > No it is not, it is a public identifier for an account, not a living person. If I sold my account to another person for example the account name would be the same, it is not a living person.

> >

> > Can a living individual be identified from the data, or,

> > from the data and other information in your

> > possession, or likely to come into your possession?

> > Yes Go to question 2.

> > **No **The data is not personal data for the purposes of

> > the DPA

> >

>

> Incorrect - the username can be associated with a living person it is associated with you - even if you sell it it can still still be associated with a living person - just a different living person in that context and time but still only a single person. And given you are quoting the information from ICO (I am guessing given the reference to DPA) and the UK are under infringement proceedings from the European Commission for failing to correctly interpret 95/46/EC into UK law specifically one what is considered personal information, it hardly makes for a good source. The UK DPA is in breach of EU law lol.

Really, so every single post is displaying personal data is it mr paladine.6082. Your confused about public identifiers and forgetting about context.

oops data breach! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_European_Court_of_Justice

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > Information that I am actively aware that I am presenting that you can see is not the issue in dispute here - what is in dispute is information your are collecting over which I have no control, in most cases no knowledge (there is no way for me to know you are using a DPS meter), for which I have given no consent and for which I can not prevent the processing of because you do not provide subject access rights. From a purely legal perspective the use of the DPS meter constitutes the processing of personal data for which you have no legal basis - I have made it very clear why that is the case - the fact you choose to ignore it does not make it any less valid or change the facts no matter how many different ways you try to make up scenarios to invalidate it. the law is the law and the matters in this issue are quite clear from a legal perspective.

>

> But the information I'm getting from you without your consent is the amount of dps you are doing which we can all agree is NOT personal information. I get the personal information anyway, I'm now getting some NOT personal information. So what you are saying is once more invalid. The law is the law and there is no law against gathering the amount of dps you are doing (which is what happens here) if you have a law that clearly states that the amount of damage you are doing in a video game requires consent please present it here.

No I do not agree it is not personal information - if it is related to ME it is personal information period. Monitoring of behaviour (which is exactly what this is) is legally recognised as processing personal data it is mentioned explicitly in at least two EU laws.

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > this forum is a perfect example, i can see vesica tempestas.1563, this is not personal data.

> > > >

> > > > It absolutely is personal data.

> > >

> > > No it is not, it is a public identifier for an account, not a living person. If I sold my account to another person for example the account name would be the same, it is not a living person.

> > >

> > > Can a living individual be identified from the data, or,

> > > from the data and other information in your

> > > possession, or likely to come into your possession?

> > > Yes Go to question 2.

> > > **No **The data is not personal data for the purposes of

> > > the DPA

> > >

> >

> > Incorrect - the username can be associated with a living person it is associated with you - even if you sell it it can still still be associated with a living person - just a different living person in that context and time but still only a single person. And given you are quoting the information from ICO (I am guessing given the reference to DPA) and the UK are under infringement proceedings from the European Commission for failing to correctly interpret 95/46/EC into UK law specifically one what is considered personal information, it hardly makes for a good source. The UK DPA is in breach of EU law lol.

>

> Really, so every single post is displaying personal data is it mr paladine.6082. Your confused about public identifiers and forgetting about context.

>

> oops data breach! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_European_Court_of_Justice

>

I actively choose to publish this data by posting on the forum - it is an active choice. Anything I actively put into the public is not protected from processing and is not covered by GDPR.

As for the members of the CJEU clearly you didn't read the other legal basis for processing personal data that I listed in an earlier response - the list of CJEU members clearly falls under public interest legal basis.

> @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > this forum is a perfect example, i can see vesica tempestas.1563, this is not personal data.

> > > > >

> > > > > It absolutely is personal data.

> > > >

> > > > No it is not, it is a public identifier for an account, not a living person. If I sold my account to another person for example the account name would be the same, it is not a living person.

> > > >

> > > > Can a living individual be identified from the data, or,

> > > > from the data and other information in your

> > > > possession, or likely to come into your possession?

> > > > Yes Go to question 2.

> > > > **No **The data is not personal data for the purposes of

> > > > the DPA

> > > >

> > >

> > > Incorrect - the username can be associated with a living person it is associated with you - even if you sell it it can still still be associated with a living person - just a different living person in that context and time but still only a single person. And given you are quoting the information from ICO (I am guessing given the reference to DPA) and the UK are under infringement proceedings from the European Commission for failing to correctly interpret 95/46/EC into UK law specifically one what is considered personal information, it hardly makes for a good source. The UK DPA is in breach of EU law lol.

> >

> > Really, so every single post is displaying personal data is it mr paladine.6082. Your confused about public identifiers and forgetting about context.

> >

> > oops data breach! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_European_Court_of_Justice

> >

>

> I actively choose to publish this data by posting on the forum - it is an active choice. Anything I actively put into the public is not protected from processing and is not covered by GDPR.

exactly so, and you sign an agreement when you start playing GW2. Im dead apposed to meters and how it accesses my data by the way.

> @Paladine.6082 said:

> > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > Information that I am actively aware that I am presenting that you can see is not the issue in dispute here - what is in dispute is information your are collecting over which I have no control, in most cases no knowledge (there is no way for me to know you are using a DPS meter), for which I have given no consent and for which I can not prevent the processing of because you do not provide subject access rights. From a purely legal perspective the use of the DPS meter constitutes the processing of personal data for which you have no legal basis - I have made it very clear why that is the case - the fact you choose to ignore it does not make it any less valid or change the facts no matter how many different ways you try to make up scenarios to invalidate it. the law is the law and the matters in this issue are quite clear from a legal perspective.

> >

> > But the information I'm getting from you without your consent is the amount of dps you are doing which we can all agree is NOT personal information. I get the personal information anyway, I'm now getting some NOT personal information. So what you are saying is once more invalid. The law is the law and there is no law against gathering the amount of dps you are doing (which is what happens here) if you have a law that clearly states that the amount of damage you are doing in a video game requires consent please present it here.

>

> No I do not agree it is not personal information - if it is related to ME it is personal information period. Monitoring of behaviour (which is exactly what this is) is legally recognised as processing personal data it is mentioned explicitly in at least two EU laws.

People lack basic reading comprehension here. Just like most of whiners here don't understand that my thread is not about DPS meter but about Anet policy and sharing information without consent. The same happens here. People are fixated about you calling DPS numbers personal information which you never did.

> > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > this forum is a perfect example, i can see vesica tempestas.1563, this is not personal data.

> > > >

> > > > It absolutely is personal data.

> > >

> > > No it is not, it is a public identifier for an account, not a living person. If I sold my account to another person for example the account name would be the same, it is not a living person.

> > >

> > > Can a living individual be identified from the data, or,

> > > from the data and other information in your

> > > possession, or likely to come into your possession?

> > > Yes Go to question 2.

> > > **No **The data is not personal data for the purposes of

> > > the DPA

> > >

> >

> > Incorrect - the username can be associated with a living person it is associated with you - even if you sell it it can still still be associated with a living person - just a different living person in that context and time but still only a single person. And given you are quoting the information from ICO (I am guessing given the reference to DPA) and the UK are under infringement proceedings from the European Commission for failing to correctly interpret 95/46/EC into UK law specifically one what is considered personal information, it hardly makes for a good source. The UK DPA is in breach of EU law lol.

>

> Really, so every single post is displaying personal data is it mr paladine.6082. Your confused about public identifiers and forgetting about context.

>

> oops data breach! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_European_Court_of_Justice

>

Difference is, I can choose to write this post and send it to public space. I have no control over ArcDPS sharing my DPS numbers. This is the difference.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > this forum is a perfect example, i can see vesica tempestas.1563, this is not personal data.

> > > > >

> > > > > It absolutely is personal data.

> > > >

> > > > No it is not, it is a public identifier for an account, not a living person. If I sold my account to another person for example the account name would be the same, it is not a living person.

> > > >

> > > > Can a living individual be identified from the data, or,

> > > > from the data and other information in your

> > > > possession, or likely to come into your possession?

> > > > Yes Go to question 2.

> > > > **No **The data is not personal data for the purposes of

> > > > the DPA

> > > >

> > >

> > > Incorrect - the username can be associated with a living person it is associated with you - even if you sell it it can still still be associated with a living person - just a different living person in that context and time but still only a single person. And given you are quoting the information from ICO (I am guessing given the reference to DPA) and the UK are under infringement proceedings from the European Commission for failing to correctly interpret 95/46/EC into UK law specifically one what is considered personal information, it hardly makes for a good source. The UK DPA is in breach of EU law lol.

> >

> > Really, so every single post is displaying personal data is it mr paladine.6082. Your confused about public identifiers and forgetting about context.

> >

> > oops data breach! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_European_Court_of_Justice

> >

>

> Difference is, I can choose to write this post and send it to public space. I have no control over ArcDPS sharing my DPS numbers. This is the difference.

i dont agree with damage meters and agree i dont want this data shared, but its not a legal issue - see agreement we signed to play GW2. This is muddying the waters.

> > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > this forum is a perfect example, i can see vesica tempestas.1563, this is not personal data.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It absolutely is personal data.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it is not, it is a public identifier for an account, not a living person. If I sold my account to another person for example the account name would be the same, it is not a living person.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can a living individual be identified from the data, or,

> > > > > from the data and other information in your

> > > > > possession, or likely to come into your possession?

> > > > > Yes Go to question 2.

> > > > > **No **The data is not personal data for the purposes of

> > > > > the DPA

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Incorrect - the username can be associated with a living person it is associated with you - even if you sell it it can still still be associated with a living person - just a different living person in that context and time but still only a single person. And given you are quoting the information from ICO (I am guessing given the reference to DPA) and the UK are under infringement proceedings from the European Commission for failing to correctly interpret 95/46/EC into UK law specifically one what is considered personal information, it hardly makes for a good source. The UK DPA is in breach of EU law lol.

> > >

> > > Really, so every single post is displaying personal data is it mr paladine.6082. Your confused about public identifiers and forgetting about context.

> > >

> > > oops data breach! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_European_Court_of_Justice

> > >

> >

> > I actively choose to publish this data by posting on the forum - it is an active choice. Anything I actively put into the public is not protected from processing and is not covered by GDPR.

>

> exactly so, and you sign an agreement when you start playing GW2. Im dead apposed to meters and how it accesses my data by the way.

ArcDPS is not part of GW2, is not part of game client and ArenaNet takes no responsibility of any consequences caused by this tool. This is why you can't use playing the game as consent to people spying on you with 3rd party DPS meter.

'he Game may also require at least one Account Display Name and at least one Character ID that You might, in part, be allowed to select subject to restrictions imposed in the reasonable discretion of ArenaNet, including but not limited to the provisions of Section 5(e) below. You acknowledge that: (i) Your use of any Account Display Name or Character ID, Your selection of any Team, Account ID, Account Display Name, ArenaNet Message Board ID, Character ID and/or Team designation, selection of characteristics related to a Character ID, or to provide any communication or information on any Message Board, shall be within the reasonable discretion of ArenaNet; (ii) that the foregoing may be modified for any reason, at any time, and in any way by ArenaNet in its reasonable discretion; and (iii) that the foregoing are under license, not sold, by ArenaNet. You further acknowledge that ArenaNet may, in its reasonable discretion, choose to modify or to delete, or choose not to modify or not to delete, any Account Display Name, Team Name, or Character ID if You are not in compliance with the provisions in Section 4 below or any other provisions related to the foregoing. You additionally acknowledge that ArenaNet has no ongoing and/or future duty to You regarding any license related to a modified or deleted Account Display Name, Team Name, or Character ID..

> > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > this forum is a perfect example, i can see vesica tempestas.1563, this is not personal data.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It absolutely is personal data.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it is not, it is a public identifier for an account, not a living person. If I sold my account to another person for example the account name would be the same, it is not a living person.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can a living individual be identified from the data, or,

> > > > > from the data and other information in your

> > > > > possession, or likely to come into your possession?

> > > > > Yes Go to question 2.

> > > > > **No **The data is not personal data for the purposes of

> > > > > the DPA

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Incorrect - the username can be associated with a living person it is associated with you - even if you sell it it can still still be associated with a living person - just a different living person in that context and time but still only a single person. And given you are quoting the information from ICO (I am guessing given the reference to DPA) and the UK are under infringement proceedings from the European Commission for failing to correctly interpret 95/46/EC into UK law specifically one what is considered personal information, it hardly makes for a good source. The UK DPA is in breach of EU law lol.

> > >

> > > Really, so every single post is displaying personal data is it mr paladine.6082. Your confused about public identifiers and forgetting about context.

> > >

> > > oops data breach! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_European_Court_of_Justice

> > >

> >

> > I actively choose to publish this data by posting on the forum - it is an active choice. Anything I actively put into the public is not protected from processing and is not covered by GDPR.

>

> exactly so, and you sign an agreement when you start playing GW2. Im dead apposed to meters and how it accesses my data by the way.

The agreement does not require me to post my personal information and the agreement has no bearing on forum posts because as I already stated anything a person actively puts into the public domain is not covered by the law and I have a legal right at any point to request ANet delete my forum account and they would be obliged to do so.

The agreement does not say ArcDPS will process my personal data by monitoring my behaviour in the game - there is zero agreement to that effect and if there was I would still have the legal right to object and ANet would have to honour that right under the law.

> @Paladine.6082 said:

> No I do not agree it is not personal information - if it is related to ME it is personal information period. Monitoring of behaviour (which is exactly what this is) is legally recognised as processing personal data it is mentioned explicitly in at least two EU laws.

No it's not related to YOU, period. It's related to me as well and any other player who is around you and in the same fight as yourself. It's information available on the target too, rather clearly. So adding non-personal information next to personal information that you ALREADY know is not illegal.

And because you claim to be someone working in law, please enlighten yourself, again, what is personal information:

"Personal data is any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a name, a home address, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer’s IP address"

The amount of damage you did on a monster (that is clearly visible to anyone by looking at the monsters hit points anyway) is NOT personal information, it's data you are broadcasting to the entire world.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > So actuall read the agreement you signed, see above. Anet have approved the meter.

>

> Whole agreement is written for **The Game** not for 3rd party tool that I never agreed to be use on me.

Anet have approved it, it is their disgression as per the agreement you signed (I dont agree with the meter)

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > So actuall read the agreement you signed, see above. Anet have approved the meter.

> >

> > Whole agreement is written for **The Game** not for 3rd party tool that I never agreed to be use on me.

>

> Anet have approved it, it is their disgression as per the agreement you signed (I dont agree with the meter)

No. It doesn't work that way, because ArenaNet takes no responsibility for any damage caused by this tool. If ArenaNet tells me "use it at your own risk" I don't want to use it and I'm not using it and I do not want to be spied on by people using this tool without my consent. Because now people using this tool make this decision in my name which ArenaNet never asked me to agree on.

> So actuall read the agreement you signed, see above. Anet have approved the meter.

The agreement does NOT state that a third party will monitor my behaviour in the game and the section from the T&Cs you posted has no relevance to the discussion at all. At no point did I say I own the name, I said the name is an identifier (ANet even refer to it as an identifier). I am not forced to ever post on the forum - so at no point am I ever forced under the T&Cs to publish my personal data.

There is no notice, information or other form of agreement relating to the use of third parties to process personal data relating to my behaviour in the game and if there was and it was a requirement to play it would be an unlawful term covered under contract law.

if that was the case what exactly do you expect Anet to do?> @Paladine.6082 said:

> > So actuall read the agreement you signed, see above. Anet have approved the meter.

>

> The agreement does NOT state that a third party will monitor my behaviour in the game and the section from the T&Cs you posted has no relevance to the discussion at all. At no point did I say I own the name, I said the name is an identifier (ANet even refer to it as an identifier). I am not forced to ever post on the forum - so at no point am I ever forced under the T&Cs to publish my personal data.

>

> There is no notice, information or other form of agreement relating to the use of third parties to process personal data relating to my behaviour in the game and if there was and it was a requirement to play it would be an unlawful term covered under contract law.

i was talking about our identifer which you were trying to say was personal data. This is a game btw.

> if that was the case what exactly do you expect Anet to do?> @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > So actuall read the agreement you signed, see above. Anet have approved the meter.

> >

> > The agreement does NOT state that a third party will monitor my behaviour in the game and the section from the T&Cs you posted has no relevance to the discussion at all. At no point did I say I own the name, I said the name is an identifier (ANet even refer to it as an identifier). I am not forced to ever post on the forum - so at no point am I ever forced under the T&Cs to publish my personal data.

> >

> > There is no notice, information or other form of agreement relating to the use of third parties to process personal data relating to my behaviour in the game and if there was and it was a requirement to play it would be an unlawful term covered under contract law.

>

> i was talking about our identifer which you were trying to say was personal data. This is a game btw.

I would expect ANet to state that the use of ArcDPS is not permitted until such time as there is a valid consent mechanism in place and in situations where people choose to ignore that, their account is suspended. Either that or they could take the very simple and proactive step to simply not send data on the damage done by other people to other clients in the same party/squad or any other circumstances.

This information is not required for the game to function, there is no justifiable reason to broadcast this data without consent. The could even add a toggle in the settings "Allow my damage to be broadcast to other players" or something similar to enable this where users don't mind. It is trivial from a coding perspective and there is no reason why this could not be done.

> if that was the case what exactly do you expect Anet to do?> @Paladine.6082 said:

> >

> > The agreement does NOT state that a third party will monitor my behaviour in the game and the section from the T&Cs you posted has no relevance to the discussion at all. At no point did I say I own the name, I said the name is an identifier (ANet even refer to it as an identifier). I am not forced to ever post on the forum - so at no point am I ever forced under the T&Cs to publish my personal data.

> >

> > There is no notice, information or other form of agreement relating to the use of third parties to process personal data relating to my behaviour in the game and if there was and it was a requirement to play it would be an unlawful term covered under contract law.

>

> i was talking about our identifer which you were trying to say was personal data. This is a game btw.

Game publishers/developers are incredibly quick to the use the law when it suits them or gives them an advantage - just because it is a game it doesn't give them the right to ignore the rights of their users.

> @Paladine.6082 said:

> > if that was the case what exactly do you expect Anet to do?> @Paladine.6082 said:

> > > > So actuall read the agreement you signed, see above. Anet have approved the meter.

> > >

> > > The agreement does NOT state that a third party will monitor my behaviour in the game and the section from the T&Cs you posted has no relevance to the discussion at all. At no point did I say I own the name, I said the name is an identifier (ANet even refer to it as an identifier). I am not forced to ever post on the forum - so at no point am I ever forced under the T&Cs to publish my personal data.

> > >

> > > There is no notice, information or other form of agreement relating to the use of third parties to process personal data relating to my behaviour in the game and if there was and it was a requirement to play it would be an unlawful term covered under contract law.

> >

> > i was talking about our identifer which you were trying to say was personal data. This is a game btw.

>

> I would expect ANet to state that the use of ArcDPS is not permitted until such time as **there is a valid consent mechanism in place** and in situations where people choose to ignore that, their account is suspended. Either that or they could take the very simple and proactive step to simply not send data on the damage done by other people to other clients in the same party/squad or any other circumstances.

>

> This information is not required for the game to function, there is no justifiable reason to broadcast this data without consent. The could even add a toggle in the settings "Allow my damage to be broadcast to other players" or something similar to enable this where users don't mind. It is trivial from a coding perspective and there is no reason why this could not be done.

This is exactly what I am asking for in this thread. I am happy you not only understand my concerns but took your time to help me explain my case. Thank you!

So, lets see here. What would be needed to make a consent thing work?

Everyone in a team needs the combat data of the others for the game to function at all. This is loaded into memory which the dps meters read and calculate from. So in order for say arcdps to have a button that disables others from seeing the data in their clients the creator of that would likely need to set up a server, have the addon connect to it and check a database of whatever players disable/enable data sharing. Anet could of course add some field in the client memory and an option for the whole share thing but that would likely lead to a version of a dps meter that just ignores that and collects your combat data anyway.

Which means that the only real way not to share any combat data or anything else for that matter is to not play the game at all. Unless anet entirely stops sending data from someone that doesnt want it shared. Which would just lead to all those characters not having any animations playing, invisible skills etc for everyone else and whatnot. Stuff that will never happen.

A third option is that they say no dps meters can look at anything but your own character, but again it wouldn't take long for an illegal version to pop up somewhere and its unlikely anet stop that unless they start scanning processes and whatnot running on your computer. Not to mention that would be a loss as seeing others dps is useful to gauge how good your own is at any given encounter.

> @PzTnT.7198 said:

> So, lets see here. What would be needed to make a consent thing work?

> Everyone in a team needs the combat data of the others for the game to function at all. This is loaded into memory which the dps meters read and calculate from. So in order for say arcdps to have a button that disables others from seeing the data in their clients the creator of that would likely need to set up a server, have the addon connect to it and check a database of whatever players disable/enable data sharing. Anet could of course add some field in the client memory and an option for the whole share thing but that would likely lead to a version of a dps meter that just ignores that and collects your combat data anyway.

>

> Which means that the only real way not to share any combat data or anything else for that matter is to not play the game at all. Unless anet entirely stops sending data from someone that doesnt want it shared. Which would just lead to all those characters not having any animations playing, invisible skills etc for everyone else and whatnot. Stuff that will never happen.

>

> A third option is that they say no dps meters can look at anything but your own character, but again it wouldn't take long for an illegal version to pop up somewhere and its unlikely anet stop that unless they start scanning processes and whatnot running on your computer. Not to mention that would be a loss as seeing others dps is useful to gauge how good your own is at any given encounter.

Everyone's game client needs combat data to be shared. Player doesn't need to see it to play the game. DPS numbers are not sth required for you to complete the content. Just like you don't need to see car's engine to drive it.

Anyway, I am not for deletion of dps meters but for me to choose whether I want to share this data or not. You can make every requirement for me to join your group, like sharing DPS numbers using arcDPS, but it should be my decision to make.

> @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> > @Paladine.6082 said:

> > This information is not required for the game to function, there is no justifiable reason to broadcast this data without consent.

>

> It is required for the game to function.

No it isn't - the server needs to know how much damage you have done to a mob, the client does not - the client needs to know whether or not the mob still has any HP left if yes, keep hitting it, if no, hits no longer do anything. The client has zero need to know what damage each individual person has done each hit to that mob. There is not even any specific reason why the usernames need to be attached to conditions in the client - it might be "nice to have" but it is certainly not required.