Can't Download Guildwars Game

• 2 weeks later...

ugh this is kinda frustrating. I started playing gw2 last year, this is the first time this happened to me. I see alot of people having this issue but why Arenanet doesnt notice it?

I did a fresh install of windows 10 to my computer. Then when Im reinstalling the game I came accross this issue.... ANET pls...

> @"GOD HIMSELF.4152" said:

> my issue is while the launcher is open the files remaining doesn't go down but when I close it and reopen the files remaining has been reduced. Anyone has the same issue?

Yes I'm having the same exact issue as you. The client downloaded the game smoothly until it finished the "Playable" part and then 30% ish after that my files remaining on the client is stuck at 300k files. download is at 3MB/sec but sometiems drops to 0 and goes back up to 3MB/sec again but yea, when I close the client and re open it again the remaining files are reduced... Im gonna obeserve and will update if it progresses(I hope).

btw Im using the -assetsrv 52.202.5.88

> @"Clementine.9821" said:

> btw Im using the -assetsrv 52.202.5.88

The -assetsrv option is currently broken/disabled. Also, that IP is expired - it usually changes every few days.

Instead, you can edit the hosts file. Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run as an administrator. Open:

> C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the end, add the following line, then save it:

> 35.170.210.77 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Remove this after you're done. Ideally, you only want to use this IP for as long as it takes to get past where you're stuck - expect it to be slower, since it's the primary US server.

For future reference, lookup the IP using cmd.exe:

> nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> The -assetsrv option is currently broken/disabled. Also, that IP is expired - it usually changes every few days.

>

Oh I see! Thats why I dont notice a change if I use the xx.88 or the xx.106 one.

Thank you so much for this!

Celebrating a Birthday on this quarantine times xD TY!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...