Installation issues...still

I've been trying for now 3 days to get the client to install. I've tried the -assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com, turning off all my malware protection/firewall and all that, using a VPN (which worked for a minute then the files remaining stopped moving), support isnt helping me at this point, they actually directed me to a reddit post, and that user helped me on discord but we couldnt get the install to work.

Any tips? I have a brand new monitor, tower, router, modem...my internet works fine, i can get into other online games just fine, guild wars is my only issue.

Try launching with:

-log -image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1

If it's stuck, let it sit for at least 5 minutes, then exit, open %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log in notepad and post it. If it isn't stuck however, only use the above to get around where you were stuck.

Considering what you've already tried, it's likely caused by other software on your computer. However, there could also be a problem with the VPN - try various countries, with and without the -assetsrv option and ensure GW2 is actually going through it.

For more potential solutions, run through this, though do note that the IP has changed to 54.84.216.160.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> Try launching with:

>

> -log -image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1

>

> If it's stuck, let it sit for at least 5 minutes, then exit, open %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log in notepad and post it. If it isn't stuck however, only use the above to get around where you were stuck.

>

> Considering what you've already tried, it's likely caused by other software on your computer. However, there could also be a problem with the VPN - try various countries, with and without the -assetsrv option and ensure GW2 is actually going through it.

>

> For more potential solutions, run through this, though do note that the IP has changed to 54.84.216.160.

I tried all the solutions in that thread you linked :/ nothing works. I don't know whether to give up at this point or what

> @"Sikkatrix.3612" said:

>

> > If it's stuck, let it sit for at least 5 minutes, then exit, open %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log in notepad and post it. If it isn't stuck however, only use the above to get around where you were stuck.

>

>

> im not sure how to find this part

>

%appdata% is a Windows variable. The long version is C:\\Users\\\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2

To find that path, press WindowsKey+R to open the run dialog and enter:

%appdata%/Guild Wars 2

(alternatively, you can enter it into the address bar of any folder)

If you successfully used the -log option, there should be a Gw2.log file in that folder, which should open with notepad by default. At the end of that file it should list what it was stuck on and why.

Just to make sure, delete Gw2.log and Local.dat from that folder. Look in Documents/Guild Wars 2/ for another Local.dat and delete it if it exists. Open the %temp% folder and delete all folders that start with gw2cache. Now repeat my first post (launch with -log -image...).

-

A rarer cause has been a driver problem or a problem with the network adapter. If you have an alternative connection, try that (wired, wireless, tether), or run through Windows update or manually update your network adapter's drivers.